closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hammersmith bridge

Hybrid View

The price quoted is astronomical but is that just not the price of construction in this country at the moment?

In the thread about builders for home extensions and people talking about £150k for a kitchen diner extension, does it not marry up that delivering a complex civil engineering project re building a listed structure, whilst ensuring it doesn’t collapse in London would cost in the hundreds or millions?

The question about its management is complex, there are historical bridges all over the country that local authority’s just don’t have the budget to maintain. The re painting of the Tyne Bridge is in excess of £40m for a “lick of paint”. No LA has that sort of surplus.

Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Bigstam View Post
    The re painting of the Tyne Bridge is in excess of £40m for a “lick of paint”. No LA has that sort of surplus.

Ross
    I think it's a lot more than a 'lick of paint'. It's a rust bucket. I go over it regularly and see the issues.
    There will be a lot of extensive repairs whilst being sensitive to the kittywake bird population that nest on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    I think it's a lot more than a 'lick of paint'. It's a rust bucket. I go over it regularly and see the issues.
    There will be a lot of extensive repairs whilst being sensitive to the kittywake bird population that nest on it.
    Precisely! I’m certain it will be looked upon as a paint job by most when the reality of maintaining these historic bridges is far more in depth than the headlines suggest.

Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Toshk View Post
    I didn’t know this had happened but it’s probably been a few weeks since I last came over the bridge!

Quote Originally Posted by ajw232 View Post
    I didn’t know this had happened but it’s probably been a few weeks since I last came over the bridge!
    It was nothing really. No damage to the boat either.