closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PRS-25 Honeycomb

Threaded View

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I disagree. The Mercedes hands work better on these 25 models. They aren't Rolex hands, Rolex just use them on some models. Personally I wouldn't have bought any of the 25 models I've owned had they had syringe hands. Horses for courses.
    They are Rolex hands: https://theslenderwrist.com/types-of-watch-hands/

Occasionally, other brands may use them like Citizen, but everyone knows them as "Rolex hands". Any time a microbrand uses a design that is so iconic to a famous brand, especially the MOST FAMOUS brand, it's going to be looked upon unfavourably to some degree. Even if you don't use syringe hands, just use different hands. Look at Tudors for example, they look almost identical to Rolexes but just by using their own signature hands, they have their own identity.

Take for example the Commander. If the Commander had different hands, I would call each component design of the watch to be "inspired"; but the Rolex hands right now I think of as "copied". Plus, Smiths historically has never used Rolex hands. Why not use the PRS-29 hands? They're gorgeous!