closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 43 of 90 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,150 of 4462

Thread: Premier League 2022 - 23

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Anthony Taylor, who lives 15 miles from Old Trafford, has been appointed as referee for the Arsenal vs Man Utd game on Sunday.
    With that logic no Ref based in London could ever officiate for any London team.

Anthony Taylor, who lives 15 miles from Old Trafford, has been appointed as referee for the Arsenal vs Man Utd game on Sunday.
    A City fan then?

Or Stockport, Bolton, Rochdale, Oldham, Wigan, Salford, Radcliffe, Stalybridge, Mossley, Trafford, Ramsbottom, Burnley, Hyde, Atherton, Ashton, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MacDeath View Post
    A City fan then?

Or Stockport, Bolton, Rochdale, Oldham, Wigan, Salford, Radcliffe, Stalybridge, Mossley, Trafford, Ramsbottom, Burnley, Hyde, Atherton, Ashton, etc.
    To be fair if he lives near Manchester he's unlikely to be a United fan so worries over. If they'd said the ref was from Surrey, or Singapore then I'd have been suspicious

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    The deal with Liverpool was done and agreed last year.

The issue now is if champions league football could derail it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What about Dortmund?

Arsenal agreed terms with Mudryk, but if you can't agree a fee with the selling club then it means nothing. Was that done last summer too? I haven't seen him playing in red this season...

Add to that football changes fast, currently Liverpool look a lot less attractive than they did last summer (from elite team genuinely a whisker away from winning a quadruple, to midtable sloggers). Things may change again by the summer and Liverpool could still secure CL football for next season, but I'm 100% confident Bellingham and his camp have not committed to any team as yet.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Master
    To be fair if he lives near Manchester he's unlikely to be a United fan so worries over. If they'd said the ref was from Surrey, or Singapore then I'd have been suspicious
    Same with these London Southampton supporters.

Just steady yourself Ryan, you’ve had very easy opening fixtures. Fully expect Arsenal to be challenging for 4th at best come the end of the year.

This has aged well

I’m fully expecting City to still win the league.

Arsenal to mean still don’t have a very good squad and even the starting 11 aren’t great in my opinion. I feel they are riding on momentum at the minute and a few defeats could derail them.

I think that's crazy. The current Arsenal team isn't as good as the best City team to win the Prem but is at least as good as the team Liverpool had when they won. If you look at those teams Arsenal have a clear superiority in midfield compared to the title winning Liverpool side. Salah, Mane, Firminho is arguably the greatest ever front 3 so clear advantage to Liverpool and at the back its a toss up with maybe advantage to Liverpool's team at the time but the superiority of the Arsenal midfield vs that Liverpool team is so massive that it outweighs a lot.

The peak City team that got 100 points with Silva, Kompany, Aguero, peak De Bruyne, peak Sterling etc was unreal. I do think when people say 'City will roar back' they are thinking of that City team and not the current one that is not at the same level.

One big thing in Arsenal's favour is that aside from Newcastle who doubled up effectively most other Premier teams haven't yet got used to the idea that Arsenal are no longer fluffy, fragile lightweights and still try to play against them and take them on. For quite some time whenever teams play City they park the bus but that hasn't yet happened to Arsenal aside from Newcastle (not exactly bus parking but defence first approach).

Once teams do wise up and play more defensively against Arsenal then that will be something they'll need to figure out - they struggled against Newcastle in that regard.
    Last edited by ryanb741; 17th January 2023 at 00:53.

Master
    Ryan please stop talking nonsense.

Arsenal are playing well, have a decent squad and have momentum. That's not nonsense.

However, I'd put Rooney Tevez Ronaldo ahead of the Liverpool 3

Sent from my XQ-CQ54 using Tapatalk

Ryan please stop talking nonsense.

No, nonsense would be saying you think Arsenal are playing for 4th at best and then that you aren't impressed with their squad.

Interesting thing is I visit quite a few fan forums for different clubs. Spurs forums (the Fighting Cock) - they hate Arsenal of course but realise that this team is the real deal. They blame ENIC for their lack of success. Man City forum (Blue Moon), think Arsenal will win this year as their own team is not at the races but are hopeful they can put a run together to prevent it. Mystified why they sold us Zinchenko and Jesus. Man Utd forum (Redcafe) - recognise Arsenal are top on merit, think they could be gettable but unlikely to be United who do it. Would prefer Arsenal to do it instead of City.

Liverpool forum (Redandwhitekop). If you can even find the bit of the forum that talks about other teams then Konate is better than Saliba, Arsenal are fluking it, its a conspiracy to let someone else win blah blah blah.

As measured as ever 🙄

Liverpool forum (Redandwhitekop). If you can even find the bit of the forum that talks about other teams then Konate is better than Saliba, Arsenal are fluking it, its a conspiracy to let someone else win blah blah blah.

Master
    No, nonsense would be saying you think Arsenal are playing for 4th at best and then that you aren't impressed with their squad.

Interesting thing is I visit quite a few fan forums for different clubs. Spurs forums (the Fighting Cock) - they hate Arsenal of course but realise that this team is the real deal. They blame ENIC for their lack of success. Man City forum (Blue Moon), think Arsenal will win this year as their own team is not at the races but are hopeful they can put a run together to prevent it. Mystified why they sold us Zinchenko and Jesus. Man Utd forum (Redcafe) - recognise Arsenal are top on merit, think they could be gettable but unlikely to be United who do it. Would prefer Arsenal to do it instead of City.

The French think Konate is better than Saliba hence him getting games over Saliba for France.

I know you’re excited Ryan but just try and control yourself.

Making comments such as Arsenal
    are as good as the Liverpool title winning side is genuinely daft.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Yep
    Looking forward to Spurs morphing into 1970s Brazil on Thursday .
    City to have an XG of 10 and 90% possession, Lloris to have a blinder and in the 94th minute Son to race clear and score despite being 3 yards offside. VAR will review and find that he is played onside by a stray pigeon that landed just on the goal line by the corner flag.

City to quickly break and get a penalty, Haaland to confidently take it but just as he runs up to take it Harry Kane's penalty from the game against France finally lands from orbit, hits Haaland just as he strikes the ball and puts him off and Spurs to nick the 1-0.

Just off to the bookies now....

Bookies laughing at xG bets lol

Master
    Anyone else watching BBC FA Cup replay & every time in the commentary box wild sex noises coming through audio, priceless

I can’t hear that. Maybe it’s coming from upstairs in your house?

Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    Anyone else watching BBC FA Cup replay & every time in the commentary box wild sex noises coming through audio, priceless
    - - - Updated - - -

XG is the most pointless thing I’ve ever seen in football.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Bookies laughing at xG bets lol

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    I assumed it was Ryan…….

I'm just struggling that Ryan goes to other clubs forums - why? That's too much time on your hands

As much as I hate to say it, arsenal vrs peak Liverpool is generally hilarious and I'm a united fan

Forget all this how good is the arse etc let's see how good they are after they have played city twice. There is loads left to go.

Still expect Liverpool to make a late charge for top 4

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Master
    Last edited by g40steve; 17th January 2023 at 21:27.

I have no idea where Bellingham will go,but his dad is his agent and a Liverpool fan ,stevie g is his idol.
    There probably are players out there who aren’t just looking at the money.
    Champions league or not next year,there’s still silverware to come at Liverpool in the very near future.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    That was not a high-quality game tonight by any stretch. Palace were awful first half and United struggled to bring their level up - but still found enough quality to score a good goal. From Palace perspective the defending was really poor.

2nf half Palace were improved. United definitely should've had a penalty when McTominay entered the box and was hacked down. Palace got away with that and the game began to open up in spurts, with Casemiro picking up his 5th booking of season stopping Zaha from breaking into the United box with a scissor challenge that possibly could have been a red. United looked visibly shaken by that, meaning Casemiro misses the Arsenal game on Sunday.

De Gea was unlucky to be up against an inspired free kick with a few mins left, Olise absolutely wonderful technique. De Gea had made a superb save in the first half and didn't have a great deal else to do, but don't think there's a keeper in the league who would've been up to that.

I'm sure United fans would've taken 4 points from these last two games, still on a long unbeaten run, and a big game v Arsenal coming Sunday to get up for. I'm sure that penalty decision will get 'evened out' for United at the Emirates on Sunday ;)

The irony though of Man Utd fans complaining about that penalty decision when they lucked out vs City with Rashford supposedly not interfering with play.

Losing Casemiro for the Arsenal game is a big blow for them plus they looked tired after a tough examination tonight. Arsenal have been resting all week. It all points to an uncomfortable time for them at the Emirates but let's see.

Supporting Spurs tomorrow night!

Supporting Spurs tomorrow night!
    House !!!

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    House !!!
    Only tomorrow! And we all know they'll turn up resembling peak Pep Barcelona

ickle old Citeh still top of Deloittes money League .
    Suck it up Ryan :)
    Must be all that dirty Arab oil money , dodgy sponsorships and the Sheikh paying for 20,000 tickets to fill the stadium every week .

Craftsman
    Arsenal in talks to sign Trossard, Ings signs for West Ham in deal up to £15m.

Looking forward to seeing Trossard lining up for Chelsea this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post

Trossard to Chelsea on a 22 year deal

Ings is a great signing for West Ham, top goal scorer.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Ings is a great signing for West Ham, top goal scorer.
    Just what we need.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Antonio Conte

Just read a very interesting article about Conte in The Athletic.The focus was on the personal impact of the loss of three close friends since October last year; the difficulties he cites of being separated from his family, who are back in Italy; and his re-evaluation of priorities (particularly with regard to the role work plays in his life) as a consequence of the above.

I'd say it's 100% certain that he'll return to Italy at the end of the season, and it does seem to be the right thing for him to do at this very difficult time in his life. It leaves us in limbo right now though (and I'm sure it's why we've not seen any signings during this window).

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post

Trossard to Chelsea on a 22 year deal
    Brighton & Hove Albion have agreed a deal with Arsenal for Belgian international Leandro Trossard, sources have confirmed to 90min.

The 28-year-old forward's agents have already agreed personal terms with the Gunners and now due for a medical in London with a view to complete the deal before the weekend.

90min understands the deal is worth around £27m, meeting Brighton's demands for the player.

So definitely see him paraded by Chelsea at Anfield at the w/end

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pox View Post
    Brighton & Hove Albion have agreed a deal with Arsenal for Belgian international Leandro Trossard, sources have confirmed to 90min.

The 28-year-old forward's agents have already agreed personal terms with the Gunners and now due for a medical in London with a view to complete the deal before the weekend.

90min understands the deal is worth around £27m, meeting Brighton's demands for the player.

Paraded at Anfield? He should be starting

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pox View Post

Quote Originally Posted by NigeG View Post
    Paraded at Anfield? He should be starting

Don't think even the former Russian owner would be able to get the paperwork through that quick.

Oh and Arsenal claimed to be in talks with Roma over a potential deal for Nicolo Zaniolo.

And PSG want Martinelli and Saliba in this January window...

Master
    Rico Lewis looks the real deal at such a tender age.

Spurs 1-0 up.

Obviously

Master

Premier League 2022 - 23

What was Ederson doing?

Master
    Wow

Whaaaaaaatttt?!!?

Master

Premier League 2022 - 23

The leagues all United’s now, no doubt about it.

Lolz 😂

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    The leagues all United’s now, no doubt about it.

To be fair I don't think Spurs know what to do when they go in at half time in front. New territory for them.

City fans booing their team off at half time is embarrassingly out of touch. Short memories or what.

Oh the irony of Tottenham basically handing Arsenal the title

Well I am really enjoying this!

Master
    Interesting indeed. Let’s see what City are made of. Haaland has cooled after an unbelievable start to the season. Will he be able to get them back into it? KDB on at HT?

I’ll be comfortable if we go four up.

Master
    City fans booing their team off at half time is embarrassingly out of touch. Short memories or what.
    Yes I found that very surprising, it’s not like they played a bad half.

Unfortunate the two mistakes were punished severely but don’t justify the booing for me at least.

Disgraceful. They've won 4 out of the last PL titles FFS.

Master
    The booing worked?