closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Royal Mail contact email

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Royal Mail contact email

Does any of our esteemed members have a contact email for royal mail.

The reason bring I sent a SD back before Xmas which took a week to deliver, I sent it on a non strike day for delivery the next day, again a non strike day and they have refused my claim citing the strike as the reason.

The decision was sent to me via a non return email and I can’t find a direct email on their site to vent my disappointment, I know it’s only £12 but that’s not the point.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Master
    Not sure there is one - could try calling
    03457 740 740
    I’ve submitted. 3- every SD I sent arrived late (non strike days)

"Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm £0.00collection
    Precision
    Guaranteed delivery when it has to get there on time or it's worth a mint.
    from
    £10.65
    During industrial action we will prioritise as many Special Delivery Guaranteed items as we can, but we can't guarantee delivery by 1pm next day for items sent during these periods.

The delivery guarantee will be suspended for items posted on 23.12.2022 and 24.12.2022.

Customers will not be able to claim for items posted on these dates and which are not delivered on time."

Likely not worth the effort to try and claim ... especially as they probably have '000s of complaints and the SD refers to "next day" guarantee ... not the several days delay.
    Last edited by sundial; 28th December 2022 at 19:00.
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Last one I sent arrived on time on a strike day.

I've claimed for one. Sent on non-strike day, 28th Nov, arrived 5 days later..

Today, I received an email saying that they needed more evidence. Check your own systems you muppets!

It's not so much the delay, it's all the money that RM have taken and not delivered the service paid for. Where I live, we've had hardly any post for 3 weeks now. On the 6th Dec, I ordered a strap that was posted to me on their 48 hr tracked service. I've not received it yet and the tracking says it still hasn't hit my local postal delivery office. I'm presuming that I won't receive it now. Seller is being awkward about it too, saying it's not their fault.

It's a shambles really..

Grand Master
    I take the view that you’re paying for security with RMSD, the next day delivery is secondary to me. When the current dispute is finally resolved I expect to see changes to all services offered and I suspect we won’t like them. I think we’ll end up paying a lot more for next day guaranteed delivery in future.

Slightly off topic, but I’m amazed how people post watches using RMSD but fail to put their full return details on the outside of the package, that’s the safeguard against stuff going missing in the post if the address is wrong. Sometimes there’s a postcode in barely legible scribble, which isn’t a lot of use. If anyone can explain this bizarre behaviour I’m happy to listen!
    Last edited by walkerwek1958; 28th December 2022 at 20:13.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I take the view that you’re paying for security with RMSD, the next day delivery is secondary to me. .
    I get that - unless you want it there the next day

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I take the view that you’re paying for security with RMSD, the next day delivery is secondary to me.
    Same here, stuff isn't really urgent, just want secure delivery.

https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-9559

Use the email address here for a fast reply.

Can you be bothered for the sake of £12 though?

Yes, use RMSD for security first but don't sell me a next day service that you can't deliver. If my package had been a day or two late, I wouldn't have claimed under the current circumstances. Five days is too long and they happily let me pay the premium for next day at the counter so sod 'em, I have no sympathy.

If I do receive a refund, I will give the money to charity...

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenko View Post
    I've claimed for one. Sent on non-strike day, 28th Nov, arrived 5 days later..

Today, I received an email saying that they needed more evidence. Check your own systems you muppets!

It's not so much the delay, it's all the money that RM have taken and not delivered the service paid for. Where I live, we've had hardly any post for 3 weeks now. On the 6th Dec, I ordered a strap that was posted to me on their 48 hr tracked service. I've not received it yet and the tracking says it still hasn't hit my local postal delivery office. I'm presuming that I won't receive it now. Seller is being awkward about it too, saying it's not their fault.

It's a shambles really..
    That’s exactly the date I sent mine and was delivered on Friday 2nd Dec. Unacceptable as strike days were not active.
    Cheers,

Ben

Master
    I'm still awaiting delivery of a watch I purchased on e-bay that was sent on 11th Dec, still showing as received at Heathrow International LC on 12th, UK seller BTW.
    Jeez!
    The older I become the more patient I am.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by haberdashery View Post
    https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-9559

Use the email address here for a fast reply.

Can you be bothered for the sake of £12 though?
    Thank you, I have fired of an email expressing my displeasure.
    Cheers,

Ben

Master
    Blog Entries
    Royal Fail sadly not fit for purpose for overseas goods.

Master
    An item I bought was dispatched by the seller Monday 28th NOV via special delivery. It was delivered to me Fri 23rd DEC.

The tracking number had vanished off the system by this point.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry1975 View Post
    Not fit for anything imo

Wife was told yesterday when posting an important document special delivery that they could not tell her if/when it would arrive or even when it would be collected from the Post Office

Responsible companies will have to find other options for post rather than RM, these strikes will be the death knell of RM as we know it

Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    I'm still awaiting delivery of a watch I purchased on e-bay that was sent on 11th Dec, still showing as received at Heathrow International LC on 12th, UK seller BTW.
    Jeez!
    The older I become the more patient I am.
    I ordered an item on 28th November, sent out 1st class signed for. I didn't receive it till 20th December .
    When I rang the sender, the reply was, "it's stuck at Heathrow, along with another batch we sent the same day".
    It will arrive but when?

Quote Originally Posted by Bry1975 View Post
    Disagree. I run a business where 75% of what I make is sent overseas by Royal Mail. I send somewhere in the region of 800 packages a year internationally and have done so for the last 15 years. On average I get one package a year lost. None so far in 2022.

As an example of the alternatives - the cost to send a "large letter" package to Singapore is £9.80 by Royal Mail (International Tracked & Signed), by DHL Express it's £46 (other couriers vary sightly, but about the same)

Sure, the package would get there quicker by DHL Express (when they happen, delays are often with customs clearance and they employ their own customs staff at the port of entry, so the customs clearing process is much quicker) but for a low cost, reliable service I can't find better than RM.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mac View Post
    An item I bought was dispatched by the seller Monday 28th NOV via special delivery. It was delivered to me Fri 23rd DEC.

The tracking number had vanished off the system by this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    I ordered an item on 28th November, sent out 1st class signed for. I didn't receive it till 20th December .
    When I rang the sender, the reply was, "it's stuck at Heathrow, along with another batch we sent the same day".
    It will arrive but when?
    That’s exactly what I was told as well, yours wasn’t a purchase from Saddler was it?

The SC item I purchased was posted yesterday and arrived this morning, perfectly on time. RMSD can't be beaten on value for the security and reliability it provides. For those bemoaning RM, I'll be interested to hear your views on the relative value of the competition when you use them going forwards.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    It will arrive but when?
    Well, my seller has informed me that having been in touch with RM, the package has now 'been deemed lost.' He has been told to make an online claim, then RM have 4 days to find it, if they can't he will be refunded, then refund me.
    Thing is, I want the watch, been looking forward to it since purchase.
    The cynic in me thinks he is up to something as there were no other bidders so only paid the starting price. What checks do RM carry out to find a 'missing' parcel, is there anything I can do my end?
    What happens if the watch is found after he has been refunded, do they bin it, auction it, send back to sender?
    Apologies for my ramblings, just a bit frustrated with this all TBH.

Master
    Well, my seller has informed me that having been in touch with RM, the package has now 'been deemed lost.' He has been told to make an online claim, then RM have 4 days to find it, if they can't he will be refunded, then refund me.
    The cynic in me thinks he is up to something as there were no other bidders so only paid the starting price. What checks do RM carry out to find a 'missing' parcel, is there anything I can do my end?
    What happens if the watch is found after he has been refunded, do they bin it, auction it, send back to sender?
    What was the price of the item, how did he ‘send’ it - any tracking ?
    I bought a Apple Watch charger - posted 04/12 1c it’s never arrived and I got a refund through PP

Master
    Yep, under 500 pounds, sent RMSD with tracking. Still showing at Heathrow Int' LC.

Yep, under 500 pounds, sent RMSD with tracking. Still showing at Heathrow Int' LC.
    If it is showing as in the system on the tracking how can the seller "be up to something"? He must have posted it for it to be registered in Heathrow LC.

The seller of the strap that I purchased has informed me that I have to wait 45 business days for delivery. Then they "might" be able to claim from the postage service. No offer of a refund or replacement strap. Nothing on their website that I can see to confirm these are the rules BTW.

Tracking still showing as on the way to my local delivery office. About a week now so likely lost in the pile somewhere.

We've not received any normal post, letters, xmas cards etc since first week of December now. I might pop into the delivery office and see if I can collect my own post

We literally just 12:50 received six Christmas cards in the post, all posted well before Christmas

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    We literally just 12:50 received six Christmas cards in the post, all posted well before Christmas
    Could they be early?

Master
    He can’t make the posted package disappear though