closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone friends with Vinstink?

Anyone friends with Vinstink?

If you have a way of contacting him not via the forum could you drop me a pm please, nothing bad just need to check something.
    Cheers,
    Tom

Is he back flogging phones and currency again? Hope your not following up a delayed refund.

Just contact his brother Joey.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Is he back flogging phones and currency again? Hope your not following up a delayed refund.

you too?

Quote Originally Posted by tommyboy View Post
    If you have a way of contacting him not via the forum could you drop me a pm please, nothing bad just need to check something.
    Cheers,
    Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by P9MES View Post
    you too?
    Given that both of you had recent WTBs for Apple products, let me guess what's up....

Quote Originally Posted by P9MES View Post
    you too?
    In the past, yes. Search Vinstink’s feedback in H&V. As always buy the seller.

This charlatan should be banned.

In the past, yes. Search Vinstink’s feedback in H&V. As always buy the seller.

This charlatan should be banned.
    I got a phone of a kosher member but did fall foul last year. I’m not sure I get his angle.
    Last edited by P9MES; 12th December 2021 at 16:06.

Master
    I've dealt with Vinny a couple of times without issue, although recall reading that things could be delayed somewhat. I've given up trying to understand how some members come to sell what they do but Vinny had provided genuine purchase receipts in his name so there was nothing untoward in that regard.

Vinny is a real life Del Boy type. I think he's perfectly genuine and only sells kosher stuff, but can be a bit slow with sending things or making refunds as I think he has to wheel and deal a bit to get his stuff in and out.

I'd love to know the real story behind what he's doing and where the stuff comes from. I've had a few bargains from him over the years, as I know many members have.

I just had a pair of Bose 700 headphones from him for an amazing price (150 quid - just matched by Amazon tonight, incidentally) but they arrived fine and even in the Google box with his name and address on the postage label, so they are 100% legit.

I won't say "deal in confidence", but I can say that I'm 99% certain the stuff he sells is genuine.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Had a couple of deals with Vinny, as said postage might be a trifle sketchy but always arrived and as described.

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    Vinny is a real life Del Boy type. I think he's perfectly genuine and only sells kosher stuff, but can be a bit slow with sending things or making refunds as I think he has to wheel and deal a bit to get his stuff in and out.

I'd love to know the real story behind what he's doing and where the stuff comes from. I've had a few bargains from him over the years, as I know many members have.

I just had a pair of Bose 700 headphones from him for an amazing price (150 quid - just matched by Amazon tonight, incidentally) but they arrived fine and even in the Google box with his name and address on the postage label, so they are 100% legit.

I won't say "deal in confidence", but I can say that I'm 99% certain the stuff he sells is genuine.
    Don't think anyone suggested the stuff wasn't genuine?

But obviously, you are buying without warranty and right of return - dunno what that is worth to you but I would put it at 10% to 20%.

Master
    I think I bought a phone from him but never received the proof of purchase/receipt promised

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    Vinny is a real life Del Boy type. I think he's perfectly genuine and only sells kosher stuff, but can be a bit slow with sending things or making refunds as I think he has to wheel and deal a bit to get his stuff in and out. I'd love to know the real story behind what he's doing and where the stuff comes from. I've had a few bargains from him over the years, as I know many members have.
    I purchased from Vinny many years ago before it became a bit of a TZ business. Had no issues with my transaction but not knowing how he is sourcing the products is what worries me now and would put me off again. The product might be genuine and it's great to get a good price on a factory fresh apple product but theres obviously some scheme. It might all be genuine, he might be an authorised reseller, but there is currently too little information for my liking...with such a large supply, buying like this is a bit too "wink, wink, I'll ask no questions".
    Last edited by Christian; 13th December 2021 at 15:03.

Hello

I've bought some things from him in the past and never had an issue. Not bought anything in a while. Or seen much For Sale from him recently. Up to others if they deal with him.

Personally I would deal with him again.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by burnside View Post
    I've bought some things from him in the past and never had an issue. Not bought anything in a while. Or seen much For Sale from him recently. Up to others if they deal with him.

Personally I would deal with him again.
    Anyone know where he is having not seen any sc posts for a while.I wonder why he hasnt responded to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Anyone know where he is having not seen any sc posts for a while.I wonder why he hasnt responded to this thread.
    He is reading this and lurking. At the time of writing he was on this forum 3 minutes ago.

Care to update us on your behaviour Vinny, and tell us why this is the last time you’ll be selling stuff on TZ, lol.

Maybe, sort out your customers on this thread first though hey.

Master
    20% VAT scammer?

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Not seeing any negative reviews in H&V being posted. Folk need to man up and call a spade a spade. If you have had a crappy deal, write a crappy H&V review. It just saves a long line of other well-meaning folk potentially going through a similar crappy deal in the future. I had a crappy deal with him, and wrote and honest unfavourable H&V review of my experience. Given the PMs I've had over the last couple of years I know it is more wide spread than what is written on H&V.

An since he no longer operates on SC, but targets WTB by stealth, it is only more important so people can review H&V before committing. Nobody want a stressful deal even if the product or refund always turns up in the end. The buyers stress is caused by the uncertainty.

As the whole of SC is based on trust and members send hundreds, and thousands of pounds to strangers on trust, it is vital that deals are properly recorded in H&V.

Master
    For what it’s worth I put up a WTB for a new iPhone last night and Vinstink messaged me earlier with an offer which I have declined.

I don’t actually remember him specifically (all of our beloved market traders tend to coalesce into a homogeneous blob in my mind) and don’t remember having any dealings with him but he is definitely monitoring WTBs as a way of avoiding getting called out on SC I suppose.

H&V does work. Thanks to all that have reported their difficulties with him of late.

Master
    Sniffs around the WTB section but makes no contribution anywhere else? Not exactly lifeblood of the forum material. Avoid as you would an STD.

Doesn't post anything, just here to respond to WTBs. Picturebook dealer, no fundraiser contributions.

When ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Doesn't post anything, just here to respond to WTBs. Picturebook dealer, no fundraiser contributions.

When ban?
    On the back of this thread I had 3 PMs to say how they had been dicked around by Vinstink. Yet, none of them put up a H&V to warn others.

What is the point of H&V?

On the back of this thread I had 3 PMs to say how they had been dicked around by Vinstink. Yet, none of them put up a H&V to warn others.

What is the point of him being allowed on the forum if he is only here to take advantage of the WTB section?

What is the point of him being allowed on the forum if he is only here to take advantage of the WTB section?
    Many can moan, but there is an only one person who has the power to act.

The problem is that as soon as anyone says anything negative they are jumped on by loads of people who like discounted smartphones regardless of him being a charity dodging unreliable covert dealer. I was let down in a big way but was a relative newbie and could see even then that it wasn't going to be worth the hassle. It's been a long time coming.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

I would not want to deprive Vinstink from Watch Talk given his general love of watch discussion banter, lol.

A ban from G&D holds no purpose as you can’t sell anything there.

I think the SC police will hound him quite quickly from Sales Corner, so no need for a ban there.

Maybe just a WTB ban as that is his current preferred modus operandi.

While we are at it, maybe a Boys Room P&P thread ban for me, as what is seen cannot be unseen.

I would not want to deprive Vinstink from Watch Talk given his general love of watch discussion banter, lol.
    I don't know if this was irony, as Vinstink's last two posts in Watch Talk were in December 2018 and March 2019.

I don't know if this was irony, as Vinstink's last two posts in Watch Talk were in December 2018 and March 2019.
    Surprising that, as his profile said he was on the forum 2 hours ago.

Maybe he was mulling a response to the Best Blue Dial Ever thread, or Watch Intentions 2021 thread. You never know.

But, sadly and more likely trying to pick off a few unfortunates in the WTB thread looking for a second hand iPhone.

So nobody was brave enough to write a sh1tty H&V on what happened above. And neither the additional two people who contacted me by PM who where also having a sh1tty deal at the same time. Grow a pair fellas. That what H&V is for.

I reckon that for every crappy H&V review Vinny gets, there are 10 crappy experiences where a review is not left.

So, Vinny just marches on and continues to insidiously plies his trade via the WTB section.

Well, someone has had the guts to call him out again in H&V yesterday. Well done James.uk

And Vinny it is time to properly FO this time, like you tell us every time someone complains about you on H&V, and hopefully the gaffer will read this and make it happen.