closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Urgent Rolex Customer Enquiry

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    The Rev has had his say.
    Just waiting on Rajen and we can close the thread.
    :lol:

I don't know why Rolex's behaviour bothers me so much. I've enjoyed the ones I've owned (all vintage) and no-one is forcing me to deal with an AD so I suppose I really ought to just let it go.

In fact, I might make that a belated new year's resolution.

Edit: Oops sorry just seen that this thread is as closed as an AD's safe in a shut shop during lockdown

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Three days on the naughty step for you for commenting after the thread was closed.
    Sorry

Consider me chastised...

Journeyman
    I got exactly the same reply when enquiring about a standard sub.
    At another local AD i got a similarly polite reply but stating they were not taking expressions of interest until 2022.
    Everything has been said about this but it’s difficult when you like the watch.
    Just got to try and be in the game and hope you get one. If not you can get a ND for around 10k but that’s a difficult amount for me. I do genuinely think prices will soften a bit when we see the fallout from COVID. At 7/8k it’s more palatable.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

As a Rolex fan boy, having owned probably ten different watches over the years, this whole situation is slowly ruining Rolex for me. I like the ones I have and i really love older models but I don’t really lust after another new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    Green sub? Yeh, little chance of that.

Well, reading this entirely pointless thread is another few minutes of my life I will never get back

I really should know better by now.

Simon

Craftsman
    OP

You have been sent a cut and paste / template to get you on the store (whenever Johnson, Hancock & Co let us)

*Expect a nice welcome

*They will ask what you’re interested in

*If it’s on display (ok we know a Submariner WON’T be) then happy days

*If it’s not they will ask what your purchase history is

* If you have previous spendings, they’ll run you through the CRM system and manage expectations based on how much coin you’ve spent

* If this is your first, they’ll take your details but ask if there’s anything else that takes your fancy in store

* If not, they’ll manage expectations buy saying you’re on the list but it could be (insert no of years) before you get call

In short, you’ll probably have to buy other less demand watches so you get the call ‘sooner’

Master
    I'm very glad that I was lucky enough to get the 2 SS models I wanted in 2019 & 2020 before this stuff got really out of hand.
    These days the Rolexes live mainly in the safe & I get as much, or more, pleasure from modifying Vostoks...

Quote Originally Posted by Mysqueek View Post
    OP

You have been sent a cut and paste / template to get you on the store (whenever Johnson, Hancock & Co let us)

*Expect a nice welcome

*They will ask what you’re interested in

*If it’s on display (ok we know a Submariner WON’T be) then happy days

*If it’s not they will ask what your purchase history is

* If you have previous spendings, they’ll run you through the CRM system and manage expectations based on how much coin you’ve spent

* If this is your first, they’ll take your details but ask if there’s anything else that takes your fancy in store

* If not, they’ll manage expectations buy saying you’re on the list but it could be (insert no of years) before you get call

In short, you’ll probably have to buy other less demand watches so you get the call ‘sooner’

To be honest I only filled the form it just in case because I don't want a Sub I want a second hand DS/SD :)

Blog Entries
    Oooh I wouldn't buy a Rolex they're soo last year, I mean I have some really interesting watches that cost pennies and they are soo much better.

And the audacity of a Rolex dealer, writing to explain they aren't going to fall over themselves to sell a special person like you a watch, which is in such high demand that it can be sold at a profit. I mean who do they think they are exactly.

Us real enthusiasts know a thing or two and we wouldn't be seen dead wearing one, oh no.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz..............
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Blog Entries
    Registered my interest in a Sub for my up and coming birthday, you never know, well you do but................this is the response.

Dear Mr Bxxxxxx,

My name is Xxxxxx Xxxxx, and I am a Rolex sales consultant here at Goldsmiths in Leicester and it is my pleasure to support you with your recent Rolex enquiry.

Your selected model, the stunning Rolex Oyster Perpetual Submariner, priced at £7,650 is currently unavailable and in exceptionally high demand. Prospective customers are required to register their interest in-person by visiting our showroom, although unfortunately all Watches of Switzerland Group showrooms are closed at the present time.

Subject to COVID-19 developments, our re-opening will be evident through updated messaging on our websites, after which my colleagues and I would love to welcome you into our showroom where you can book a convenient appointment via the link below. For complete transparency, we always welcome registrations of interest for such sought-after Rolex models but cannot provide or predict timescales for potential availability.

Please find below further information on your desired watch:

https://www.rolex.com/watches/submar...10lv-0002.html

Appointment Booking: When we have re-opened you will be able to book a suitable showroom appointment here: https://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/by-personal-appointment

Further Rolex Information: In the meantime, I have summarised some distinctive features showcased across the entire Rolex collection that I hope you may find interesting…

• Waterproof: Every individual Rolex watch, crafted from the finest raw materials, is tested to extremes and waterproof to depths of 100 metres (Oyster models) and 50 metres (Cellini models)
    • Accuracy: Developed and produced in-house and to the most exacting standards, Rolex has a rich and unrivalled history in precision – more of which can be read here: https://www.rolex.com/about-rolex-wa...movements.html
    • Servicing: Fully automatic, Rolex watches are known for their precision and reliability, meaning service intervals are up to 10 years dependant on the type of wear
    • Guarantee: 100% Swiss-made, all Rolex watches come with a 5-year International warranty as standard
    • Further information: E-brochures for every Rolex model, including technical and design specifications can be discovered here: https://www.rolex.com/media/brochures.html
    • Websites: The excellent www.Rolex.com and www.Rolex.org websites both have an extensive breadth of interesting content

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any further questions at this stage. I look forward to supporting you on your Rolex journey and hope to meet you in due course.

Kind regards,

Xxxxxx Xxxxx
    Rolex sales consultant

Goldsmiths

To be honest I only filled the form it just in case because I don't want a Sub I want a second hand DS/SD :)
    And people wonder at the attitude of ADs?

What an utter time waster you are.

Blog Entries
    I was going to give some benefit of the doubt but - it’s another one added to the “ignore list”.

In these difficult times it's great that you real enthusiast's are still willing to take the time to give time wasters like me the time of day and a laugh, thank you :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    These days the Rolexes live mainly in the safe
    That’s the problem... people buying to put in their safe.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
    Just in case anyone had #40 for Veblen

Are they even watches any more? Or just a sort of currency / jewellery?
    Most of the dozens of eBay listings for unworn new Rolex watches refer to them as an "investment". I think the fact that they are a watch is now unimportant.

In these difficult times it's great that you real enthusiast's are still willing to take the time to give time wasters like me the time of day and a laugh, thank you :)
    Trolling again John?

These days you seem to enjoy 'throwing the stick' and running away.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Trolling again John?

These days you seem to enjoy 'throwing the stick' and running away.
    Never run away Chris but I will reply to some of the know-it-alls' :).

Craftsman
    So forgive me for being blunt, but time wasters like you are who fuel these shenanigans for buyers like me who really want the watch.

FML

Quote Originally Posted by PSTW View Post
    So forgive me for being blunt, but time wasters like you are who fuel these shenanigans for buyers like me who really want the watch.

FML
    No problem and being equally blunt if they had told me to go and pick one up I would have done and wore it ( not locked it in a safe and scared to wear it because of future values etc) as a second choice/option to a DS.

I have had a couple of subs, I loved my first one but the second one left me a tad underwhelmed but I would of been prepared to suffer :)

Good luck picking one up as guys like you who really want one do deserve to get one (IMO).

Craftsman
    This is the usual response from Rolex ADs!
    You send an.email.of interest and get a chapter and verse response that means nothing!!
    No wonder people are going away from the brand.
    I personally think unless you are willing to pay the grey premium your wasting your time!
    I have tried my hardest to get some sort of response for a Rolex explorer 2 from ADs and that includes some that I have have quite a bit of purchase history with and I feel they just take the piss!
    I am seriously falling out with anything Rolex!

Master
    The response from the AD in this manner is required as they are mystery shopped by Rolex monthly as I understand it.

They know you won't get an LV and so do you. But they have to go through the motions and reply to you in such an inviting manner, so that they are not marked down and do not misreprensent the brand (you could argue that they are doing that anyway!)...

If you do really go in and register, you are certainly wasting your time in this scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    .......they are mystery shopped by Rolex monthly as I understand it.
    Funniest thing I have read on here in a long while!.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Blog Entries
    My interactions with my AD, Mallory’s in Bath, have all been positive. The first of which was when I phoned to enquire about putting my name down for a DSSD James Cameron & was advised that one would be available the next week. This time last year I also picked up my GMT Pepsi.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    I'm very glad that I was lucky enough to get the 2 SS models I wanted in 2019 & 2020 before this stuff got really out of hand.
    Can’t remember when I twigged that had happened but I’ve waited longer and with some AD purchase history!!
    Last edited by David_D; 6th February 2021 at 22:23.

Master
    Registered my interest in a Sub for my up and coming birthday, you never know, well you do but................this is the response.
    What is it they say? If you can fake sincerity you’ve got it made.

@Rev-O what did that local AD do to you dude? I can see you're hurting!

Quote Originally Posted by Gee252 View Post
    This is the usual response from Rolex ADs!
    You send an.email.of interest and get a chapter and verse response that means nothing!!
    No wonder people are going away from the brand.
    I personally think unless you are willing to pay the grey premium your wasting your time!
    I have tried my hardest to get some sort of response for a Rolex explorer 2 from ADs and that includes some that I have have quite a bit of purchase history with and I feel they just take the piss!
    I am seriously falling out with anything Rolex!
    No wonder people don't want to buy them, the queues to buy them are HUGE!

I think I might see a small flaw in the logic here

Craftsman
    it is my pleasure to support you with your recent Rolex enquiry.

The Rolex Explorer 11 is currently unavailable and in exceptionally high demand, requiring prospective customers to register their interest in person by visiting our showroom. We always welcome registrations of interest but are unable to provide a timescale for availability, or guarantee being able to obtain this precise model for you in the future.

My colleagues and I would love to welcome you into our showroom where we can spend time completing your registration and exploring the broader collection of Rolex watches. If you would like to discuss any aspect of your enquiry over the telephone, please advise and we can arrange a call.

I look forward to hearing back from you and in the meantime, have summarised some distinctive features showcased across the entire Rolex collection:
    Not hurting dude, just fed up with the same old email.
    Why showcase watches that we all know are not available from a AD ?
    Rather get a reply saying " don't bother"
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    @Rev-O what did that local AD do to you dude? I can see you're hurting!

No wonder people don't want to buy them, the queues to buy them are HUGE!

I think I might see a small flaw in the logic here

Blog Entries
    I thought that some guys who may be thinking of advising there local AD they had an interest in purchasing a Rolex might find the response from the AD of use and help them decide whether to take the first step with there AD or not, obviously my point was of no interest to you for which I apologize.
    I advised my AD I had an interest in purchasing the new Sub date in black.

Two weeks later.....

Point is, different folks at different ADs will get different strokes.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    I advised my AD I had an interest in purchasing the new Sub date in black.

Two weeks later.....

Point is, different folks at different ADs will get different strokes.
    Can you send me details of your AD. Looking forward to having one of these on my wrist in two weeks time.

Craftsman
    I think they want you to register in person at the showroom to prevent people registering at multiple places. Of course this can be still done in person but maybe just a way for them to filter out the people willing to put in effort.

Still no guarantee you’ll get one though - but there are a few people who have gotten a black sub without much purchase history.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosh View Post
    Can you send me details of your AD. Looking forward to having one of these on my wrist in two weeks time.

Wouldn't be any point would there. Since I'm a customer of theirs and you obviously....are not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post
    I think they want you to register in person at the showroom to prevent people registering at multiple places. Of course this can be still done in person but maybe just a way for them to filter out the people willing to put in effort.

Still no guarantee you’ll get one though - but there are a few people who have gotten a black sub without much purchase history.
    Unfortunately there have been many cases where people have admitted to going on waiting lists at dealers all over the country, in an attempt to buy up sought after models and sell them on. So you're probably correct. Dealers would obviously prefer to sell to regular customers who would buy other watches/jewellery from them as well.

More so now than ever, prospective new customers are expected to use their local/nearest AD. If the nearest AD is an independent/smaller operation then I believe it greatly increases a new customer's chances, as I imagine these stores use greater discretion in their allocation. With the AD network increasingly dominated by big chains where allocations are decided by regional management, staff churn is likely higher, customers become statistics, and heavier reliance is placed on spend than story.
    Shame really, because the statistics will show a serial flipper as a bigger spender, exacerbating the problem.

Master
    The WoS group let you register your interest at multiple ADs however if the watch in question is the same, they will be able to see on their CRM system and delete your entry entirely. You can however register for multiple different watches at one AD with no issue.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Wouldn't be any point would there. Since I'm a customer of theirs and you obviously....are not.
    So it’s not as easy as you made out in your original post. You got it because you have purchased from them before.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosh View Post
    So it’s not as easy as you made out in your original post. You got it because you have purchased from them before.

No, it literally was that easy.

Yes I've purchased from them before. When I asked about getting the Sub I was taking a 16610 in for a service. I asked about the GMT I'm waiting for but no news on that, asked about the Sub and the sales assistant took my details. She rang when one came in stock.

I've also heard of people who aren't regular customers getting them, but visiting in person seems to be the way they have got them.