closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: When stocks rebound, WHERE best to invest?

Hybrid View

Master
    As a new / lay investor where does one get their financial news (tips) from? I seem to miss every opportunity. Always late to the party as it were.

edit: I have an AJ bell trading account set up for longer term prospects but the trading fee seems high for what I would be throwing at some speculative shares. I see hat T212 isn't taking on new clients what with the GME debacle. Any other recommendations?
    Last edited by Bonesey; 4th February 2021 at 05:31.

This week's new positions:

The USD is on the move, my short EUR/USD and GBP/USD positions have now turned into nice money makers.

S&P500 is not moving much, but I remain confident that we will soon see the push upwards. Added another half a position yesterday, very long now.

Silver future looking very weak, every attempt at recovery is running into strong selling. Still, not worried too much as only a move below $24.50/$25 would really question the short term bullish scenario. Suppose this needs more time to work itself through all the sellers.

SPACS: THCA ticking up small bits, this isn't something that I am looking much at the moment as the key with SPACs is to be invested if and when they pop and everything before is just sitting and waiting. Other SPAC positions at the moment: VYGG, HMCOU, LUXAU, LEAP and DMYI

B7E (Blue Cap): holding above EUR 24 in German pre-market trading, looks very good.

TIGR: what a crazy volatile day yesterday, with multiple swings between $24.60 - $22.80 - $24.30 - $22.40 - $24. Added to my position at $22.85 yesterday, lot's of juice left in this one.

Best of luck all.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    This week's new positions:

B7E (Blue Cap): holding above EUR 24 in German pre-market trading, looks very good.
    Going well Raffe 👍🏻

Master
    Mr Musk is at it again

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Going well Raffe 
    Can't complain, it's been a very good week again.

Gotta make hay while the sun shines, it won't continue like this forever.

The USD is on the move, my short EUR/USD and GBP/USD positions have now turned into nice money makers.
    Oops, the BoE threw a spanner in the works and GBP/USD has shot up by more than a cent since their noon statement.

Apparently the markets have been disappointed that the BoE have not hinted stronger at the possibility of negative rates, or maybe it was just that everybody was in the same position (sounds familiar?) and the exchange rate corrected. Anyway, what looked like a coming big winner before noon is now a marginal loss position. Not closing it (yet), want to see what is coming. But my track record on trading Sterling is such that I am not going to hold on much longer, rather switching it into a EUR/USD position because it is the Dollar that I want to trade rather than the Pound.

Moved 25% of my index trackers into my best 4 performing funds (BG American, BG Pacific, JPM Emerging Markets, SMT).

More news around indicating economic improvements than a crash so who knows but those funds have done super well for me so far over the past 6 months

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Moved 25% of my index trackers into my best 4 performing funds (BG American, BG Pacific, JPM Emerging Markets, SMT).

More news around indicating economic improvements than a crash so who knows but those funds have done super well for me so far over the past 6 months
    At least you won't be with too little Tesla exposure.

SPACS: THCA ticking up small bits, this isn't something that I am looking much at the moment as the key with SPACs is to be invested if and when they pop and everything before is just sitting and waiting. Other SPAC positions at the moment: VYGG, HMCOU, LUXAU, LEAP and DMYI
    DMYI popping today, based on the fact that the team behind it has filed paperwork for the next SPAC which triggers expectations of imminent deal announcement for this one.

Bought more Argo at 280.

DMYI popping today, based on the fact that the team behind it has filed paperwork for the next SPAC which triggers expectations of imminent deal announcement for this one.
    Did you sell your CLA?

I wish THCA would find a nice merger partner.

I went quite heavily into that one.

Should probably have split the bet across a few SPACs rather than betting it all on one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
    Did you sell your CLA?
    I am owning a quite hefty position in CLA warrants (CLA-WT). Not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    I wish THCA would find a nice merger partner.

I went quite heavily into that one.

Should probably have split the bet across a few SPACs rather than betting it all on one.
    Yes it's slowly drifting, but don't worry too much.

I was sitting on PIC shares before they announced the deal to eventually become XL Fleet (XL). They even briefly dipped below $10 during October/November after I bought at $11.30 in September.

Look up what became of it: https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/XL

Anyone bought yesterday? After the market was so happy, the stock stuck in the low $12s - only to pop to $12.87 by now.

Anyone bought yesterday? After the market was so happy, the stock stuck in the low $12s - only to pop to $12.87 by now.
    I bought 25 for fun, up 3.74% today. Not going to be retiring on my £8.72 profit :)

edit: but enjoying it nonetheless, thanks Raffe.
    Last edited by ernestrome; 19th February 2021 at 16:58.

You should have put 23% of everything you own in there!! Get with the program.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    You should have put 23% of everything you own in there!! Get with the program.
    😂

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonesey View Post
    As a new / lay investor where does one get their financial news (tips) from? I seem to miss every opportunity. Always late to the party as it were.

edit: I have an AJ bell trading account set up for longer term prospects but the trading fee seems high for what I would be throwing at some speculative shares. I see hat T212 isn't taking on new clients what with the GME debacle. Any other recommendations?
    As 'for-instances':
    - Having been convinced by this research note (posted by Raffe originally), I have signed up to receive their thoughts on equities on a more regular basis. There are a number of similar individuals and firms that do the same.
    https://www.kerrisdalecap.com/wp-con...mited-TIGR.pdf

- I work in tech and that has influenced a few investments over the years (e.g. VMware IPO) because I think (!) I know what firms are run well / in hot areas.

- Morningstar has been pretty good for me when looking for funds to hold long-term.

- Random people on forums AKA Raffe (!)

There's no magic bullet though.

Become a member at wallstreetbets on Reddit and guaranteed you will be a multimillionaire within a few months.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    As 'for-instances':
    - Having been convinced by this research note (posted by Raffe originally), I have signed up to receive their thoughts on equities on a more regular basis. There are a number of similar individuals and firms that do the same.
    https://www.kerrisdalecap.com/wp-con...mited-TIGR.pdf

- I work in tech and that has influenced a few investments over the years (e.g. VMware IPO) because I think (!) I know what firms are run well / in hot areas.

- Morningstar has been pretty good for me when looking for funds to hold long-term.

- Random people on forums AKA Raffe (!)

There's no magic bullet though.
    No, I understand that. Just seeking some financial literacy and to be able to do my own research. Appreciate the lead on to Morningstar and Kerrisdale.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Become a member at wallstreetbets on Reddit and guaranteed you will be a multimillionaire within a few months.
    Thankfully a bit too long in the tooth to get caught up in meme stocks.

Master
    As a new / lay investor where does one get their financial news (tips) from?
    Raffe :-)

Master
    As a new / lay investor where does one get their financial news (tips) from?
    Follow Elon on twitter.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk