closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 62 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,100 of 5462

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Quote Originally Posted by J3w3ll3r View Post
    Thank you

I have never heard of that site, stupid question but is it safe or am liable to get something nasty down the internet tube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whether you should use it depends on whether you believe the people who make creative work should be paid for it, or instead if the money should go to people who run illegal streaming websites.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    We enjoyed Episodes 1 to 4 but episode 5 was a very slow, very dull, felt like it went on forever. Has put my wife off watching the rest for now. Does it pick up again from e6?

there are only 7 Episodes.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    there are only 7 Episodes.
    Watched the final 2 over the weekend. E6 pciked up after 20 mins or so and final episode was good. Shame about Episode 5 really. Was very very sloooowwww.

Craftsman
    Started watching Bourdain Parts Unknown in June - still dragging it out watching 1/2 a week. So good.

I’m glad someone posted in here, I couldn’t find the topic, we’ve been enjoying ‘Raised by Wolves’ ( Netflix? ) a Ridly Scott sci-fi series, really weird but really good. Worth a watch if you like his work.

Edit..... It’s on Nowtv-Sky Atlantic
    Last edited by JasonM; 15th December 2020 at 10:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinese_Alan View Post
    Started watching Bourdain Parts Unknown in June - still dragging it out watching 1/2 a week. So good.
    I recently watched them all over a 3 month period. Really enjoyable, so much so I went a bit mad and purchased a load of his books for my kindle. Such a shame he's gone.

Not a series but I’d thoroughly recommend Mortimer and Whitehouse Gone Fishing Christmas programme.

Master
    Godless on Netflix.

Really gritty Western about some very bad people. Made by the same guy that did The Queens Gambit and is of a similar standard and similarly excellent.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    I recently watched them all over a 3 month period. Really enjoyable, so much so I went a bit mad and purchased a load of his books for my kindle. Such a shame he's gone.
    Agreed. Only discovered him last year when a friend told me to follow his LA tips.

The two parter on N. Korea recently on BBC will get some of my time this weekend, heard good things.
    "The Mole" - We watched this after reading your post. Thoroughly recommended.

Stayed on iPlayer to see what there was (after months of Netflix and Prime), ended up watching a Christmas Porridge. As a result of reminiscing, we are about to fall down the rabbit hole of Allo Allo...

I've only recently watched Detectorists (iPlayer). I know it's been mentioned before, but I'll add my recommendation. It's gentle comedy, and evocative of a simpler, kinder England. It also features Diana Rigg and her daughter.

Craftsman
    Sorry if already mentioned , The Queens Gambit and The Valhalla Murders

I’m finally catching up and watching ‘kingdom’ on Netflix. Absolutely hooked!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    My wife hates subtitles and I'm not much of a fan either tbh, so we do miss out on some quality programmes.

(Though we have decided to make an exception for Parasite.)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy! View Post
    "The Mole" - We watched this after reading your post. Thoroughly recommended.

Stayed on iPlayer to see what there was (after months of Netflix and Prime), ended up watching a Christmas Porridge. As a result of reminiscing, we are about to fall down the rabbit hole of Allo Allo...
    Typically didn’t get round to watching it. Hopefully this weekend (he says). Or over Christmas in tier 3 eh..

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    I’ve just finished watching the first series of Barbarians on Netflix. It’s based during the Roman occupation of Germania and is a German made series. You can choose to watch it dubbed but it is far better watching it in the original (the Germans speak,well,German and the Romans speak Latin) with subtitles.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    I’ve just finished watching the first series of Barbarians on Netflix. It’s based during the Roman occupation of Germania and is a German made series. You can choose to watch it dubbed but it is far better watching it in the original (the Germans speak,well,German and the Romans speak Latin) with subtitles.
    I might give that a go. Despite living in Germany for a few years, I will definitely need subtitles. I lived on the outskirts of Osnabruck......... Oops, after watching the first few minutes, I realised I had given the ending away
    Last edited by catflem; 16th December 2020 at 18:03.

Typically didn’t get round to watching it. Hopefully this weekend (he says). Or over Christmas in tier 3 eh..
    I found it pretty fascinating, so thanks again for sharing.

As for tier 3... My 8 year old tested positive last week so myself, the wife and the 4 Yr old are all isolating. Tier 3 sounds like a dream right now ...

Only a couple of decades late but I started watching The Wire on Now TV, fantastic characters and storyline got through all 60 episodes in a week

Mrs. PC and I just finished the six-part HBO series, The Undoing, starring Nicole Kidman, Hugh Grant, and Donald Sutherland. OUTSTANDING suspense film!

The Wire is an all time classic.

Thought The Undoing was OK.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    The Wire is an all time classic..
    The tech looked dated when I watched it about 10 years ago. Doesn't detract from it though. Rawls was my favourite character.

Couldn't get past the first episode, must have seen it dozens of times though...
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Mrs. PC and I just finished the six-part HBO series, The Undoing, starring Nicole Kidman, Hugh Grant, and Donald Sutherland. OUTSTANDING suspense film!

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    We loved this also, hooked us in for a binge watch!

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    The tech looked dated when I watched it about 10 years ago. Doesn't detract from it though. Rawls was my favourite character.
    I loved Clay Davis - sheeeeeeeeeiiitt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70eU840lc38
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    Started watching Giri/Haji on iPlayer. It's a story split across London and Tokyo about police, the criminal underworld, corruption, family, and more besides. Very good so far, intrigued to see where it goes!

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    Giri / Haji is now Netflix. Just watched it over the last week - absolutely loved it! Ending a touch overdone but very different from the usual...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post

Really enjoyed this, even if Hugh wears a Mont Blanc watch

Enjoyed the undoing and queens gambit ,just started watching ratched on Netflix

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Anygreg View Post
    The queen gambit 3 episodes in and really enjoying it.

Godfather of Harlem just finished season 1. Very good indeed, mobster series.
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    We enjoyed Episodes 1 to 4 but episode 5 was a very slow, very dull, felt like it went on forever. Has put my wife off watching the rest for now. Does it pick up again from e6?
    We've just finished 'The Queen's Gambit' and it's one of the best series we have ever watched. Never knew chess could be so exciting. Perfect ending too.

Master
    Looking for a new show and quite like the look of Gotham. Anyone got any views?

Craftsman
    Discovered an old ITV series called The Unforgotten on Netflix which is really good.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Comedy Central show Corporate is the darkest comedy I’ve ever seen but if the stuff in the bear pit doesn’t offend you, check it out.

Also it’s been mentioned previously but Barry is stellar!

Master
    just in case anyone missed the nest recently caught it, excellent imo!

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Looking for a new show and quite like the look of Gotham. Anyone got any views?

I tried it...not for me my daughter loves it? Maybe an age thing? I’m 62 she’s 34

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I've been watching Spotless on Netflix - based on recommendation from this thread.
    A few years old now, but very good series about a (fairly) ordinary guy dragged into the world if London gangsters.

Discovered an old ITV series called The Unforgotten on Netflix which is really good.
    It's a great show, especially series 2 which is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by watchcollector1 View Post
    It's a great show, especially series 2 which is amazing!
    Yes, I second this. A good UK crime drama, really well acted in all series

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    The Wire is a superb show, a little slow to beginwith, but if you stick with it, you're well rewarded.

for me the best Characters were 'Omar Little' and for pure method acting the guy who played 'Bubbles', must have gone through a lot himself to bring that kind of performance

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Just finished a show on Netflix call ‘Kingdom’ based around an MMA gym.

One of the best shows I have ever seen (probably top 5 of all time....). Very grown up character driven drama with some of the best writing and acting I have seen, easily 5/5!

Thank you my friend for recommending this, absolutely cracking show. Fantastic characters and story lines. Absolutely gutted it finished! Praying they do a season 4, all the cast have recently commented they would be up for it! Sort of reminded me of a mix of animal kingdom, and entourage for some reason? Not sure why.
    Thanks again zanderpants!

Just started Tin Star season 3, looks good 2 episodes in.

Blog Entries
    Just watch Bridgerton it’s a wonderful watch with some norks thrown in for good measure.

Sally’s (Corey) daughter is fantastic

Pitch

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Anygreg View Post
    Thank you my friend for recommending this, absolutely cracking show. Fantastic characters and story lines. Absolutely gutted it finished! Praying they do a season 4, all the cast have recently commented they would be up for it! Sort of reminded me of a mix of animal kingdom, and entourage for some reason? Not sure why.
    Thanks again zanderpants!

Just started Tin Star season 3, looks good 2 episodes in.
    just finished watching Kingdom,agree with all of the above,really superb.tried Tin star liverpool,gave it up after the first episode..

Just watched The Looming Tower on Amazon.

It's a dramatisation of CIA vs. FBI vs. Al-Qadea in the time leading up to the World Trade Center attack. Really rather good.

Marco Polo - Netflix - Not bad at all.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Found a great little series of ‘shorts’ on Netflix, ‘Love Death and Robots’, rated 18, it’s a series of very clever adult themed sci fi animations.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Found a great little series of ‘shorts’ on Netflix, ‘Love Death and Robots’, rated 18, it’s a series of very clever adult themed sci fi animations.
    +1, thought these were amazing.

I have been watching Lilyhammer on Netflik so much about it is pretty poor but strangely enough I have got hooked :(

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny73 View Post
    +1, thought these were amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Thought these were excellent too.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    I have been watching Lilyhammer on Netflik so much about it is pretty poor but strangely enough I have got hooked :(
    I started to watch it a few years ago, but didn't enjoy the indigenous population getting shafted (in the series) - so dropped it.

Master
    Cobra Kai season 3 went on to Netflix yesterday. If you enjoyed the other seasons you will not be disappointed. Wonderful stuff !