closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Where are we going with electric cars?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I've yet to see a Tesla going fast. The ones I tend to get stuck behind are doing 20mph, presumably trying to get home. Not by any means all Teslas I see, but I've been sitting behind probably four or five going extremely slowly on country roads.
    Check out an unmodified Tesla 3 at Nurburgring.

And then a modified Tesla 3 there.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Check out an unmodified Tesla 3 at Nurburgring.

And then a modified Tesla 3 there.

R
    In spite of my location on here, I live in Hampshire.

I know they go fast, I've just not seen it happen yet and tend to get stuck behind them.
    "A man of little significance"

Walking on rural roads as i have always done my whole life, i have never had a single problem with cars because you can hear them comming.

Then one day i almost got killed and guess what kind of car it was.

Electric.

Couldnt hear the stupid thing.

I would bet my house plenty of extra deaths will happen due to these silent turds on wheels

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    Walking on rural roads as i have always done my whole life, i have never had a single problem with cars because you can hear them comming.

Electric.

I would bet my house plenty of extra deaths will happen due to these silent turds on wheels
    There’s actually very little difference in sound between electric and road cars once over 15mph, that’s why the compulsory pedestrian warning sounds are not active after that point.

Tyre and wind noise make up most of the noise you hear from a car at speed unless it’s got a ‘Barry boy’ exhaust system of course.

I expect it was coincidence that it was an electric car that nearly did for you, they don’t levitate and operate in a vacuum.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post

Electric.

Could not agree more. In fact I would say since having the Tesla it has made me creep around and a lot more alert of folk walking near me. Having said that I am sure there are idiots flying around just as normal oblivious that pedestrians cannot actually hear them.

Pitch

My VW UP! ( considered a very small car) is wider and heavier than the original MK1 golf, which in no way was considered a small car at the time.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Could not agree more. In fact I would say since having the Tesla it has made me creep around and a lot more alert of folk walking near me. Having said that I am sure there are idiots flying around just as normal oblivious that pedestrians cannot actually hear them.

Pitch
    I’m the same when I’m ‘creeping around’ at low speed, as in extra alert, as EVs are quieter at walking pace, but that’s what the sound generator is meant to mitigate.

Underway at road speeds though, although EVs are generally quieter than ICE cars, they’re far from silent.

What sound does the Tesla pedestrian alert system make, never heard one?

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    In spite of my location on here, I live in Hampshire.

I know they go fast, I've just not seen it happen yet and tend to get stuck behind them.
    Not been behind me in my Model 3 in Hampshire then