closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Lockdown impending for ADs??

Journeyman

Lockdown impending for ADs??

Just a thought after the shutdown and sales during the lockdown period with WOS. I wonder if they’re getting twitchy now and will start moving more after the news today.

I know I would!

Quote Originally Posted by LondonRolex19 View Post
    Just a thought after the shutdown and sales during the lockdown period with WOS. I wonder if they’re getting twitchy now and will start moving more after the news today.

I know I would!
    I don't think it's WOS or other retailers who are restricting supply (if you're talking about hard to get watches). Or are you expecting bigger discounts on freely available watches?

Get watches in (Rolex), invite people in (with appointment) and sell the watch?

Craftsman

Economic.

I know I would!

Every retailer for non essential , hospitality sector in all its forms etc etc, will be getting twitchy as you put it. Normally the start of October begins the build up for many into the Christmas/New year spend and for many sectors of the Economy, that is what they survive on.

The Government announcement in conjunction with the devolved Parliaments of the UK of restrictions on gatherings and early pub closures, is a bit of a Hail Mary! in looking to stop the latest Covid Surge which was predicted to happen later this year but has already started throughout Europe. The Government knows that if the new measures do not work and I am quite sure most businesses realise, then a full lockdown will arrive before death/hospital admission rates get out of control. The consequences of that lockdown on the Economy and not just WOS, at this particular time of the year, could for many be catastrophic.

Many retailers will just hold out for just now before panicked but if we get into late October, start of November and the situation is not improving but worsening, then Yes, I think the retail sector Panics.
    Last edited by Flasher; 22nd September 2020 at 19:44. Reason: Error

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    I don't think it's WOS or other retailers who are restricting supply (if you're talking about hard to get watches). Or are you expecting bigger discounts on freely available watches?
    Of course, I am also assuming that they would be looking to sell across the globe before a potential shut down.

Unless they can continue to sell in countries that have a government with an ounce of objectivity of course.

I think they're too busy to care right now. I can't even get a call back for a Yacht Master.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I think they're too busy to care right now. I can't even get a call back for a Yacht Master.
    I bought my Rhodium dial YM ,I tried one on , when I made my mind up about a week later it had sold but they sourced another in a fortnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post
    I bought my Rhodium dial YM ,I tried one on , when I made my mind up about a week later it had sold but they sourced another in a fortnight.
    Exact one I'm after but for a friend. They have a 37 but not a 40. Didn't think it would be hard to get but can't a call back and I've had 3 decent price watches off them since Dec. They have been very good to me allocation wise so I think they're just super busy. Not moaning if it sounds like that!

Blog Entries
    Of course, I am also assuming that they would be looking to sell across the globe before a potential shut down.

Unless they can continue to sell in countries that have a government with an ounce of objectivity of course.
    Oh now I see the point of the thread.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Oh now I see the point of the thread.
    Haha far from it! Admittedly a flippant comment from which the time of day today speaks volumes.

Genuinely interesting to think what could happen over the next few weeks, especially with an April launch expected.

Blog Entries
    Haha far from it! Admittedly a flippant comment from which the time of day today speaks volumes.

Genuinely interesting to think what could happen over the next few weeks, especially with an April launch expected.
    Yes of course it was. Ha ha.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

I know I would!
    How can they sell watches they haven’t got?