closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Berlin - any hotel tips?

Hybrid View

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by duffy78 View Post
    Take cash. They are not a card payment kind of society.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    They’re better than they used to be....however paying on credit card can be a problem at retailers even if they do take card.

Important consideration if you use a cheap fx credit card like Halifax clarity

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean89 View Post
    They’re better than they used to be....however paying on credit card can be a problem at retailers even if they do take card.

Important consideration if you use a cheap fx credit card like Halifax clarity
    We found restaurants to be the worst.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Master
    Radisson Blu

I had a great stay at the Hotel Berlin Berlin.

Journeyman
    I can recommend the Holiday Inn Express Berlin City Centre. Though it's a little bit out of the way.

Start of my (otherwise 5 star) review on TripAdvisor "Berlin City Centre my backside! If relativity applies then, yes, it's closer to Berlin City Centre than my house. Just."

And their response "I'm happy that you like our rooms, our breakfast, our free wifi and our central location."

Craftsman
    I've stayed in the Sofitel Kurfürstendamm several times and I'd recommend it. Nice hotel, reasonable rates and close to public transport.

I'd highly recommend doing a tour with Berlin Unterwelten. They're an association of historians who give tours of various bunkers around Berlin, many accessed through those big non descript brass doors you see in many U Bahn stations. We did two tours with them and they were fascinating.

If you or your son have any interest in cars, then a trip to Classic Remise is a must - http://remise.de/Classic-Remise-Berl...sh-summary.php