closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega repair advice (2013 300M GMT)

Master

Omega repair advice (2013 300M GMT)

I'd appreciate the forum wisdom on what to do with my broken Omega Seamaster 300M GMT 2535.80.00, bought May 2013. I was idly thinking that it might need servicing soon but my hand is forced as the hour hand is malfunctioning: it doesn't wind forward in the distinct clicks that it used to, but is rather floaty; and it tends to function up to 11pm and stick there, while the minute, second and GMT hands carry on as normal. My rank-amateur surmise is that it's the extra tension required to turn the date wheel which makes the hour hand stick at that point (a broken hour wheel?).

Anyway, it needs attention. Would the best bet for a watch of this relatively young age simply be Omega UK in Southampton? Or would it be wiser to consider others regularly mentioned in despatches, such as STS or Simon Freese?

Sorry, finally, to generate a fresh thread on a not unfamiliar topic. I have searched at length, but I wasn't sure where this watch sat between new and old, for which the recommendations vary.

Master
    Omega UK would get my vote, full factory refurbishment plus a 2 year warranty.

Why not give both a ring and find out what you'd get and for how much?
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfan View Post
    Omega UK would get my vote, full factory refurbishment plus a 2 year warranty.
    This is whatI would do too.

Blog Entries
    I would not consider a 6 year old watch really that new - it may have been due a service anyway. In my experience Omega service has always been very good and they will send you out an insured package to post your watch to them and return when done, by next day postage, with online tracking + 2 year warranty and a shiny new watch.

And I believe the standard service charges on the Omega website.

Martyn.

This is very common issue with 300m GMT - including previous (non-co-axial model). As far as I read, the hour wheel has too short teeth. My old 300m GMT suffers the same problem. In case of co-axial movement you have no choice - only Omega service.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Omega UK it's a no brainer!

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    I would say so too. It will come back as new in every respect with a two year warranty. STS are an authorised Omega service centre though and i would imagine you'd get the same level of service (although i've not dealt with them) and may be a touch cheaper but not a lot i would imagine. I heard though that Swatch Group send some of their workload to STS anyway so their standards are going to be second to none.

Master
    Sincere thanks to those who took the trouble to reply. The Omega service pouch is on its way.

Quote Originally Posted by WillHarris2306 View Post
    I would say so too. It will come back as new in every respect with a two year warranty. STS are an authorised Omega service centre though and i would imagine you'd get the same level of service (although i've not dealt with them) and may be a touch cheaper but not a lot i would imagine. I heard though that Swatch Group send some of their workload to STS anyway so their standards are going to be second to none.
    No chance, they haven’t done that for years now. I know they used to send some vintage but nothing now. I asked if a vintage watch I sent would be sent to STS and Southampton said no they haven’t done that for some years now.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Fair enough

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TZ-UK mobile app