closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any recourse for forced refund by eBay, item arrived?

Craftsman
    If you sent the invoice outside of ebay and you got your selling fees back then the sale would have been 10%+ cheaper as you wouldn't have to pay theirs or paypal's fees.

Would be a nice thank you to ebay for all the help they gave you in resolving the matter ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by matt666 View Post
    If you sent the invoice outside of ebay and you got your selling fees back then the sale would have been 10%+ cheaper as you wouldn't have to pay theirs or paypal's fees.

Would be a nice thank you to ebay for all the help they gave you in resolving the matter ;-)
    True, but guess what? eBay has a futher fleecing policy, whereby if a client opens a case, and it reaches to them "resoluting" it, meaning if they close it with a decision towards refund to buyer, which I guess is always the case, they DO NOT refund you the 12% selling fees. I know, it sounds outrageous, in my case to be without the item, with fees paid and "non-refundable" according to eBay. So no, the 15% discount I gave to this fellow was simply to give him a nudge towards him paying as well as to show I'm the better person, or rather than I'm the only reasonable person among the two of us

And yes, I did ask eBay straight away after this whole episode why I have not got refunded the selling fees at least, and they "confirmed" that since the refund was forced by them, despite not even giving me any time to react since said toad went and escalated the case, their policy is not to refund selling fees in such cases, presumably to cover John's salary, and by John I mean the undoubtedly South-Asian fellow probably being paid 2$/hour working in some overcrowded support center. The only thing I got back was the 5$ or so from the PayPal fee paid.
    Last edited by Dan83bz; 30th January 2018 at 07:09.

I’ve just had a similar case with a different outcome.

I sold a kitchen extractor listed as “for collection only”. The buyer, living in Lincolnshire, wanted to use a courier so I agreed that she could but at her visit and her risk.
    The extractor was quite badly damaged by the courier but the buyer decided to open a case stating that the item was “not as described”. eBay took the £150 from “confirmed” and put it in “pending” thus reducing my PayPal balance.

I entered into correspondence with the buyer until she went quiet. As soon as it was possible, I asked eBay to intervene which they did.

This morning I got a judgement in my favour and the value moved from pending to confirmed in my PayPal.

I know people think that everything is in the buyer’s favour and I wasn’t hopeful, but it seems that there are reasonable people at eBay and if you do have a case, it will be looked at fairly.