closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Change Your Gas and Leccy Supplier!

Change Your Gas and Leccy Supplier!

Just done mine given the recent rises, and saved a £200 compared with inertia. It took me 5 mins.

Better in my pocket that the lining the pocket of British Gas CEO, who already rakes in over £3 million a year

It typically takes 3 weeks to change, so today is the perfect time as that meter will be spinning around like a good 'un once October kicks in.
    Last edited by noTAGlove; 30th September 2017 at 23:43.

Craftsman
    I do a comparison check every year and find switching saves money, go through topcashback or quidco and get cashback from them too.

Journeyman
    Trying money saving expert. Each year they do a collective switch. When I did it last year it was the cheapest.

Craftsman
    What is leccy ?

Craftsman
    Leccy as in electricity

If you sign up,to the energywatch service on moneysavingexpert then you can put in your currrent tariff and usage and they will email you when a product becomes available that will save you an amount of your choosing.
    I.e. I have it set to alert me when I can save £100 - it's only set this high as I have £60 early exit fees.

Having said that I often check mine every month to see what new offers may have turned up.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BadgerUK View Post
    What is leccy ?
    ??!!??!!??!!

Master
    Blog Entries
    If you've only just thought about changing utility supplier then you've been overpaying for years. So many people do not change as they can't be bothered!?!

I received notification this morning that British Gas are increasing my drect debit by £7 a month even though I'm currently £137 in credit. After reading this thread, I went on Money Saving Expert and switched, saving a projected £431 a year.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    I've used the money saving expert site for a few years and saved loads. Last year they did their biggest ever collective switch and I locked in for 2 years and a few weeks after prices went up. Only takes a few minutes and well worth it.

As an aside they also do a free monthly Experian credit check which you sign up for and they just email you every month. Again well worth it.

Like many of you we change every year not only for gas and electricity ,but house and car insurance as well .
    There really is no excuse not to, it only takes a few minutes on line to sort the lot out ,absolutely no mileage whatsoever in staying brand loyal.

Journeyman
    Switched to N Power today from British Gas, saving of around £150 for the year. Wasn't really the main reason for switching, BG customer service has been nothing short of diabolical.

Sent from my SM-N950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lewwyt View Post
    Switched to N Power today from British Gas, saving of around £150 for the year. Wasn't really the main reason for switching, BG customer service has been nothing short of diabolical.

Sent from my SM-N950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    BG has been fine for me. Have heard N power on the other hand......

My MSE collective BG ends 3rd Oct. Think I'll be going to e-on next.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    BG has been fine for me. Have heard N power on the other hand......

My MSE collective BG ends 3rd Oct. Think I'll be going to e-on next.
    Guessing it goes back to the old argument that "they're all as bad as each other", fingers crossed we have no issues!

Master
    N Power are undoubtedly the most incompetent company I've ever had the misfortune to have dealings with. I wouldn't switch over to them if they paid my energy bills for me

Master
    I quite like BG because they have an option to pay exactly what you owe, rather than guessing which annoys me no end! Every month they text me and I reply with the actual meter reading. Much better than them estimating the bill.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcofZen View Post
    I quite like BG because they have an option to pay exactly what you owe, rather than guessing which annoys me no end! Every month they text me and I reply with the actual meter reading. Much better than them estimating the bill.
    Most of the main suppliers use smart meters now. Had one with bg, shows exact read and usage patterns. Useful thing to have.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY77 View Post
    Most of the main suppliers use smart meters now. Had one with bg, shows exact read and usage patterns. Useful thing to have.
    Except they mainly have incompatible systems that then won't work with a new supplier and become dumb meters when you switch if that is the case. How the hell that happened is criminal and we are all paying for replacements each time. I've just leaving a smart meter until SMETS2 is available and they should all be universally compatible.

I used quidco, switched through them to Sainsbury's energy, the tariff was offering a £100 voucher for Sainsbury's when you switched, it was an expensive tariff at the time, but you are allowed to switch to any of their other tariffs or a British gas tariff (SE and BG are the same company) any time you wish, so I switched 2 weeks later after having got my voucher, now I'm on their cheapest tariff, which is also the cheapest of all the suppliers for me. So a win win.