closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Started my own business today

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    Solution focus, on the front page, really should be hyphenated. If I have the time later I'll take a look at the rest of the site and PM you if I've got any other suggestions.
    ^Good advice.

From a brief skim of your site, it seems to be angled towards the B2C market.

If you want to attract some B2B clients (who want you to work with their staff) then you'll need some B2B content.

This could include:

- What you can do for an employer
    - What results they can expect from their staff

Of course, you'll have your case histories as supporting information.

Good luck - hope things go well.

Out of interest David, how will this affect your day to day work?
    I assume you can run the roles simultaneously ?
    Pricing something like this would be difficult. There would be established companies charging X times your costs but they will have all the connections, backup, etc.
    I went self employed about seven years back and , even though it's definitely the best decision I've ever taken, I still find it hard adjusting to the 'hard nosed businessman' type. I'm too soft re. pricing and work practice for my customers.
    I'm delighted for you and I hope you make a real success of it.
    By the way , I've noticed that the domain name newcastleunitedarereallyreallyrubbish is available. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Out of interest David, how will this affect your day to day work?
    I assume you can run the roles simultaneously ?
    Pricing something like this would be difficult. There would be established companies charging X times your costs but they will have all the connections, backup, etc.
    I went self employed about seven years back and , even though it's definitely the best decision I've ever taken, I still find it hard adjusting to the 'hard nosed businessman' type. I'm too soft re. pricing and work practice for my customers.
    I'm delighted for you and I hope you make a real success of it.
    By the way , I've noticed that the domain name newcastleunitedarereallyreallyrubbish is available. ;)
    Ha ha, so is mancityfoundedin2008.com

Yes I'll be running both at the same time and I know that'l be difficult. I've just had a conversation with my father who is a recently retired HR Director of several world-wide organisations and he's offered to do the leg-work in making calls to contacts in private, third and education sectors.

Banned
    I have no advice, but I would like to wish you well I am sure you will succeed.

Hi David

Congratulations on your venture - with your drive and tenacity I am sure that you will do well.

If I can be of any help re domain names, hosting or SEO please get in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobbyy View Post
    Hi David

Congratulations on your venture - with your drive and tenacity I am sure that you will do well.

Thanks Neil, much appreciated. A coffee and a chat would be great, it's about time we caught up anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi David

Thanks Neil, much appreciated. A coffee and a chat would be great, it's about time we caught up anyway.

Coffee sounds good David - look forward to it!

Re the £75 that Wix charges - I have had a quick look at their site and it would appear that this allows you to 'point' your site to your own domain name and also strip out the Wix 'badging' on your site.

In addition to potential SEO benefits of having a industry linked domain name it would certainly aid credibility - something I don't think you can underestimate the importance of when you are launching a new service, particularly a professional one.

You could look upon the £75 as expensive hosting!?!

I suppose Wix need to make their money somewhere.

^^^^Thanks Neil, I did wonder whether the £75 was compensation for them losing the advertising from the address. I'll get the domain purchased and the website name changed as soon as I can.

I'm meeting my consultant (Dad ) on Wednesday to discuss next steps. It's all starting to feel very real and very exciting.

Probably worth having the chat before you purchase the domain name as there are potential SEO impacts of the name you choose, plus there may be other options re hosting.

Probably worth having the chat before you purchase the domain name as there are potential SEO impacts of the name you choose, plus there may be other options re hosting.
    OK will do Neil.