closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Why hasn't this sold?

Master
    Blog Entries

Why hasn't this sold?

This has been around for a while on Chrono24. Is it a wrongun or is it just a slow market for these. It seems pretty well priced. The urge for one of these grows by the day but I don't want my pants pulled down.

http://www.chrono24.com/en/rolex/com...ch%2Findex.htm

Master
    £51k for a sea dweller, I think that may Be the problem!

In all seriousness, that seems steep for one of those and I would imagine that anyone prepared to drop serious money on one will have alternate contacts who may be able to source one for less.... That said I just don't get the whole hysteria associated with comex and issued watches.

Based on my aforementioned view I'm probably the wrong person to ask, having given it serious consideration I believe that the decimal place is quite possibly in the wrong place and will be adjusted very soon, still too much money at just over £5k

Paul

Master
    Blog Entries
    The link should be to one for £31K :)
    I know it's a lot of money but I was talking in relative terms.

Relatively speaking, it's a boat load of cash for a relatively mundane watch.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Banned
    The Mil thing rattles around forums and excites the crowd for a while, in reality very few can afford, and very few want.

Quote Originally Posted by Fords View Post
    The Mil thing rattles around forums and excites the crowd for a while, in reality very few can afford, and very few want.
    That's really quite funny.
    Your definitions of "reality" and "very few" are somewhat adrift from reality.
    Gray

Quote Originally Posted by gray View Post
    That's really quite funny.
    Your definitions of "reality" and "very few" are somewhat adrift from reality.
    ...so why hasn't this sold?

Quote Originally Posted by Fords View Post
    except it's a COMEX, not a Mil

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    ...so why hasn't this sold?
    Indeed...

Seems bizarre to pay a fortune for a Rolex with someone else's logo on it to me, but each to their own...

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Craftsman
    It hasn't been sold because it's just another Rolex Seadweller, but with an extra stamp on the dial and engraving on the back. Besides, that Comex-hype from a few years ago is gone.

You're better of buying the regular thing plus get a Porsche.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Henk Hoving View Post
    It hasn't been sold because it's just another Rolex Seadweller, but with an extra stamp on the dial and engraving on the back. Besides, that Comex-hype from a few years ago is gone.

You're better of buying the regular thing plus get a Porsche.
    Agree. I don't get why the Comex stamp is worth an extra £25k.
    Aside from it being rare, to me it is no more appealling

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Agree. I don't get why the Comex stamp is worth an extra £25k.
    Aside from it being rare, to me it is no more appealling
    Nope, you did understand all right: it's rare has provenance, and that's where the extra 25K comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    The link should be to one for £31K :)
    I know it's a lot of money but I was talking in relative terms.
    £51K is USD.

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    Nope, you did understand all right: it's rare has provenance, and that's where the extra 25K comes from.
    How much extra for one of these -

I can see the Comex attraction, but £25k extra, sorry no.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    £51K is USD.
    Oh ok, there is another on there for around the £50K mark so I thought the link was messed up.
    I understand the point of view that its 'just' an SD with a logo stamped on it but in a similar way to a MilSub being just a 5513 with different hands and a t on the dial. Common sense doesn't really apply to most watch collectors me included!

But it's not just another Rolex SD with a stamp is it? Comex watches were not sold to anyone other than Comex and made available to their divers - the problem with some of the later watches is that they were not issued - there were simply left over Comex watches - this may well be one of them.

That said - it is my all time favourite Rolex watch - a 16600 with a Comex dial - watches do not get any better than that for me - plus it looks in nice condition and it's a full set - would I swap all my SD's for it though - er, no ;)
    It's just a matter of time...

There's a 2011 "Domino Pizza" (branded on the bracelet, not the dial) Rolex Airking for sale with B&P at £1,995 here: http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/rolex-airking-2011-limited-edition-gosport-jewellers/1038034080

Far better value in my book than £32k for a Seadeller that's been aesthetically disfigured by having a bloody great white "Comex" stuck in the middle of the dial.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    There's a 2011 "Domino Pizza" (branded on the bracelet, not the dial) Rolex Airking for sale with B&P at £1,995 here: http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/rolex-airking-2011-limited-edition-gosport-jewellers/1038034080

Far better value in my book than £32k for a Seadeller that's been aesthetically disfigured by having a bloody great white "Comex" stuck in the middle of the dial.
    Again, it's all about provenance. Was the Airking actually worn by a Domino's employee whilst making pizza or is it some leftover? If it's the latter, I'm out!

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Again, it's all about provenance. Was the Airking actually worn by a Domino's employee whilst making pizza or is it some leftover? If it's the latter, I'm out!
    I think the most important question has been missed.

Hawaiian or Pepperoni Perfection?????