closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What battery do I need.

Master

What battery do I need.

Hello Gents,

I have finally tracked down a Harley Ronda 113-118 watch movement to replace the broken one in my grandads watch.

Unfortunately I have no idea what battery is need for the movement.

I have tried Google but no joy.

Can anybody help.

All the best

Steve

Journeyman

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Revolvingjones View Post
    Hello Gents,

I have finally tracked down a Harley Ronda 113-118 watch movement to replace the broken one in my grandads watch.

Unfortunately I have no idea what battery is need for the movement.

I have tried Google but no joy.

Can anybody help.

All the best

Steve

Grand Master
    I don`t get the 'LOL'.....??????...someone asks for help/advice and hopefully someone can provide it. That's how things (usually) work on this forum.

I`m not familiar with the movement, but here's what I`d do. Estimate the dimensions of the battery space using a digital caliper, then look up the dimensions of available batteries and choose one that matches up. If the OP looks on google this info is available, I`ve used it myself in the past.

Alternativeley, post a detailed photo of the movement and someone may be able to help.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Alternativeley, post a detailed photo of the movement and someone may be able to help.

Paul
    They are apparently 26mm dimaeter;

I would guess from the hole that it isn't a non-standard battery, so I would just buy a selection card of the cheap, nasty watch batteries from ASDA or Tesco for about 99p, find one that fits and then use it to order a decent one online ;)

Lithium button cells are named according to their dimensions (diameter then thickness) so CR2430 is 24.5 × 3.0 mm. Something like that might do. Can't find one that is 26 mm though.

edit:- looks quite deep so maybe CR2450?
    Last edited by Kingstepper; 9th April 2013 at 09:23.

If the seller couldn't help you, maybe Ronda themselves (http://www.ronda.ch/en/ronda/) can?

But according to "Battery Bob" (whom I am not affiliated with in any way) , a Maxell 370 or 371 (the dimensions and voltage are the same) is the one for this movement (if "Ronda Harley 113" is the same movement!):

http://www.batterybob.com/product.asp?intProdID=101031

There are many cross reference charts on the internet, this is just one of them:

http://www.esslinger.com/watchbatter...ncecharts.aspx

I hope this helps - good luck!
    Last edited by lawman_nl; 13th April 2013 at 15:55.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
    They are apparently 26mm dimaeter;

I would guess from the hole that it isn't a non-standard battery, so I would just buy a selection card of the cheap, nasty watch batteries from ASDA or Tesco for about 99p, find one that fits and then use it to order a decent one online ;)
    Could there be missing 1 contact? I only see the + this might be the reason you can't find a 26 mm battery. Battery might be less then the 26 mm due to the missing contact.

- men

The movement is 26mm diameter, not the battery!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
    The movement is 26mm diameter, not the battery!
    Omg, I'm just reading back my answer..... rather stupid. Wasn't realy paying attention to the mm. Sorry for that. But still....missing a contact in the picture?

- men

Quote Originally Posted by Menkepie View Post
    Omg, I'm just reading back my answer..... rather stupid. Wasn't realy paying attention to the mm. Sorry for that. But still....missing a contact in the picture?

- men
    I think the top bridge is one point of contact and then there's a connector on the left side (if you can talk about sides in a ring).
    No idea about the exact battery though.

Edit: can't tell left from right.
    Last edited by henrik; 18th April 2013 at 08:35.

Its sometimes worth searching images on the net.
    I do it for some of the more obselete older stuff if I have no reference and am unsure.

Works on the assumption if you can find a couple of shots of the movement from seperate sources with the same battery then its probably the right one.

I should say, its not always 100%...