I have a frustrating situation with an AD in Leeds White Rose and wanted to check something...

Just before xmas I bought my wife one of the new 38mm Speedmasters. She tried on all the different colour options and settled on the lighter colour. She tells me now that all of the other colours not chosen had huge bracelets. However the one she chose fitted straight off (if she'd have said at the time I would have queried it)

Cue the obvious, when we get home in the warm her arms swells a little and it's too tight. I check the box for links and there are none. Now I'd not noticed this in the shop as quite frankly it was a little chaotic with so many watches out (for her and me). So I'm just assuming at this point that they took the links out there and then in the furore. I check the box, there are none.

Not a problem, I'm now thinking they removed the links and just forget to put them in the box. So we head over there again the following morning and ask. No - there are no links that have been left out, that is all the links that come with the watch. Now I know that the 38mm speedy bracelet is big as I'd initially put one on in the shop and it was way too big for me.

The shop say they'll order in 2 spare links for free, it'll be about a week. I honestly thought at this stage they'd just taken the links off and just lost them, hence the offer of two spare links. Annoying but OK.

We get home and now we've noticed that the warranty card is dated two months prior - right date but October not December.

I'm now getting annoyed: as well as the two spare links they'd also agreed to chuck in a new Omega strap for my speedy as part of the deal (including a great discount I have to say). I've not yet brought up the subject of the warranty card, but I've called 5 times now for an update on the strap and links. Every time they faff about and don't really know what's going on, take all the details and promise to call me back. Funnily enough they never call, wich is guaranteed to wind me up to fever pitch.

I'm starting to think that something is really fishy with this now. I think the reason the bracelet was short is that they sold the watch two months before and it's been returned. I'd like to check before I go nuclear about the failed callbacks, crap service and where the hell are the accessories you promised me.

Really kicking myself for not going onto Leeds to visit the boutique where I have a great history/relationship - this was just a spur of the moment thing.

Any ideas if Omega do the same as Rolex and ping the mothership as soon as they sell an item? That would confirm whether or not they've ripped me off or are just utter dunces, don't know dates and can't do customer service.