closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Personal Contract Hire

Banned

Personal Contract Hire

I am about to opt out of our company car policy so I can get a car I want rather than use the VW passat that is standard. Has anyone got any recomMendations of any good deals around? I am looking at the Mercedes C 220 Dieslel Auto.

Cheers

Re: Personal Contract Hire

I have just personal leased for 2 years through company called Planet Leasing. They were very helpful and efficient and found me a car quickly.

Lings cars always have good deals but the website will give you a migraine!!

Any further south and i would have wet feet

To be honest you just need to look around the different lease company websites as they all have different offers on that change regularly.
    I find Ling's to be expensive,headache inducing website and the time i needed to talk to them they were downright rude.
    I've just got a new lease through Purple Contracts (based in north Wales i think)..they were excellent.

Give these people a call quite a few have used these on Pistonheads.

http://www.closemotorfinance.co.uk/cust ... tions.html

Craftsman

Merc were doing a good deal on PCP for the pre-facelift C class but it expired on Thursday. It was a Exec SE model with a £2700 dealer contribution.

I went to a dealer a couple of weeks ago and am still waiting to hear from them – looks like I’ve missed that deal. The 220 diesel seems to be the best choice and I told the sales guy I wasn’t bothered if C or E class (as long as its auto) but they don’t seem bothered about a sale, sadly.

rjs i had the same with mb , popped into a merc garage and was told they would ring me the next day with a quote,,, that was a month ago ?

andy

Merc customer service seems to have taken a dive over the past few years...
    I was there a few months ago with a (to me at least!) a fairly large chunk of cash to spend and...

1) I was kept waiting while they talked on the phone
    2) I was given incorrect information
    3) The only conversation they wanted to have was about options
    4) A test drive (to see if my head rubbed on the hard top of a new SL so rather crucial) seemed to be a HUGE issue for them.

maybe I look like a chancer (in relation to point 4) but I don't think so, and neither did Jag who got my business in the end which much nicer people to deal with.

I'm not sure if the "treat em mean, keep em keen" approach works in motor sales at a main dealer, but then again I imagine Merc are doing just fine so what do I know!

I went into Merc in Bristol, got the high pressure sales tactics and was then harrased for days after. Decided to go to BMW in Bristol and brought a car from them instead with free tea and biscuits.

@ taffytoon
    I'm also considering opting out of our companies car policy, did you / can you phone inland revenue & get your tax coding amended straightaway or do you need to wait until the commencement of the new tax year or completion of your next p11d?
    Thanks.

Master

dulux,

Whenever I've changed/removed/added a company car, I've just phone my local tax office and advised them myself. They then amend my tax code and send that to my employer. It may not be 100% right on my p11d but it's always been close enough for only a minor change to my tax at a later date.#

If you leave it to your employer it could take months to change.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dulux
    @ taffytoon
    I'm also considering opting out of our companies car policy, did you / can you phone inland revenue & get your tax coding amended straightaway or do you need to wait until the commencement of the new tax year or completion of your next p11d?
    Thanks.
    We have a very nice lady in head office that does all this for us mate so I have no idea. I will now though call them myself to be sure :lol:

Mart

Craftsman

When I opted out I phoned my tax office and they amended my tax code immediately.

I also gave them my business mileage per annum so that I could claim relief on the difference between what my employer gives me per mile and the Inland Revenue figure, which I think is 40p.

They have automatically used that annual mileage figure each year since. I think I have to tell them if it alters by a material amount.

Banned

Well after a lot of testing I opted for the Jaguar XF Prem Lux in polaris white with every option going including the 20" selina wheels. It should be available in 2 weeks time 8)

Thanks for the advice and if it were not for this thread would not have picked the XF :lol:

Same as this one

Mart

Very nice, will want some feedback after you have had this for a few weeks.

What type of deal did you get if you don't mind me asking....

Very nice - Quite like the XF - way too expensive for my tastes (well wallet more than taste) :)
    It's just a matter of time...