closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hammersmith bridge

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by tertius View Post
    Its listed; its made of cast iron; they are working in a very constrained envrironment, with very limited access; it wasn't designed for the loads it has to support today; they haven't properly maintained it for decades; if they could just knock it down and replace it with a simple concrete bridge it would be a fraction of the cost
    I am sure a concrete bridge will go down well with the local nimbys

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post

Well of course nobody would want that, I'm a local myself ... in fact I cycled over it just half an hour ago. My point was that if they were doing that it would be much much cheaper.

Indeed if only it had actually collapsed when (or before) the problem had been spotted we'd probably have a new bridge in place by now.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post

Well I'm a local and I think 95% of local residents would take any kind of bridge to relieve the massive local traffic congestion since the bridge closed.

Quote Originally Posted by IanK View Post
    Well I'm a local and I think 95% of local residents would take any kind of bridge to relieve the massive local traffic congestion since the bridge closed.
    Agreed
    Local as well. It has created havoc for years now. I remember there being issues whist I was a school (used to travel across and back everyday) the bridge has needed a total renovation for 30 years or so.