closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Mortgage rates

Hybrid View

Exclamation Any predictions for mortgage rates in Feb 2026?

That's when my fixed rate at 1.43% ends. :(

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hack View Post
    It’s all crystal ball gazing right now, but if I were to hazard a complete guess, I’d be saying you won’t get anywhere near as good as that, but probably quite a bit better than what’s currently on offer now.

The BoE are clearly going to aim keep going until they think they’ve tackled inflation (unless of course they do a policy U turn). The way things have gone up so quickly in the last year, who knows it may peak sooner than (currently) predicted and start dropping a year or so from now. As I said all Crystal ball stuff!

Agreed - rates like that are long gone and I doubt they will ever return. I suppose I'd be happy with 3% come renewal.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    It’s all crystal ball gazing right now, but if I were to hazard a complete guess, I’d be saying you won’t get anywhere near as good as that, but probably quite a bit better than what’s currently on offer now.

The BoE are clearly going to aim keep going until they think they’ve tackled inflation (unless of course they do a policy U turn). The way things have gone up so quickly in the last year, who knows it may peak sooner than (currently) predicted and start dropping a year or so from now. As I said all Crystal ball stuff!

Master
    If we get another 2008 melt down then we should see everything fall off the face of the earth again… mainly interest rates again? Ripe for it. Who the hell will be able to afford eating out soon and luxuries? Away at the moment, 3 ppl for 3 games is of bowling just for over 50 quid!! Dinner for 3 close to 60. Just madness.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by southerner101 View Post
    If we get another 2008 melt down then we should see everything fall off the face of the earth again… mainly interest rates again? Ripe for it. Who the hell will be able to afford eating out soon and luxuries? Away at the moment, 3 ppl for 3 games is of bowling just for over 50 quid!! Dinner for 3 close to 60. Just madness.
    Unless we’re away we rarely eat out in the UK these days. Last month went to our favourite place locally and the price was really steep. I guess like most here we can afford it, but the conservative-ish spender in me really struggles to justify these prices. Inflation needs to come down soon, really concerning stuff

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hack View Post
    Sadly, strongly suspect it won't be as low as you currently pay so, if you can afford it, might be an idea to try and get the debt down while your rate is low.