closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Lost baggage fiasco

Master

Lost baggage fiasco

Returned from holiday in California last week, sadly our luggage was lost on the way back. Nothing too unusual in the fact luggage misses connections at one airport or another.

Six months ago our luggage was lost en route to California. It was amongst the luggage mountain at Heathrow in the middle of June. It took 8 days to finally show up in Los Angeles.

This time Mrs G said “we are just taking carry on bags”. So this is what we did. No problem on the way over.

Our return journey was indirect. We flew from John Wayne Airport in Orange County with American Airlines to Dallas Fort Worth then onto a BA Flight to Heathrow.

Whilst queuing to board for Dallas the ground staff announced that the flight was full and there was no more room for carry on luggage. Everyone from now on will have their luggage checked through the hold foc to their final destination. Bloody marvellous! Mrs G said that’s the last we will see of them.

She was right. We sailed through passport control - no queue!! And then we watched luggage arriving on the belt for more than an hour before I went to see Customer Services.

“Not been seen at Heathrow Sir” was the verdict. Lost baggage report done and Customs Declaration form completed we set off for home.

Bags did arrive at Heathrow on Friday. One was delivered by courier on Saturday. Second one was supposed to be delivered on Sunday evening, two hour window whilst England were playing. Delivery window came and went. No bag. 10.30pm checked the online lost baggage tracker and it says “22.03 unable to deliver” No explanation as to why.

Tried to call them Monday and Tuesday - couldn’t get through. Joke of a phone system. Sent two emails and finally got a reply saying driver called (he didn’t) and that no one was in (absolutely wrong), we will reschedule a delivery.

Patiently waiting for delivery tomorrow, hopefully. Only nine bloody days to get my bag back. Ridiculous. Just hope everything is still inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put an apple air-tag in each bag, from now on…………..

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Put an apple air-tag in each bag, from now on…………..
    Or don’t fly BA! Friends who have worked for BA in the past avoid using them at all costs.

Singapore for example let your track your baggage via their app, time stamped when it gets loaded / unloaded / and pickup location within the terminal

Quote Originally Posted by optix View Post
    Or don’t fly BA! Friends who have worked for BA in the past avoid using them at all costs.

Singapore for example let your track your baggage via their app, time stamped when it gets loaded / unloaded / and pickup location within the terminal

Surely the app only releases to you - the info that they know themselves already. Might give you a feeling of ‘comfort’ if it is going smoothly, but it will be a miserable flight if you see that your luggage wasn’t loaded when you are lining up on the runway……..

Far better for the passenger to be able to tell the airline that they can see that the bag(s) are sitting in Frankfurt arrivals hall?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Surely the app only releases to you - the info that they know themselves already. Might give you a feeling of ‘comfort’ if it is going smoothly, but it will be a miserable flight if you see that your luggage wasn’t loaded when you are lining up on the runway……..

Far better for the passenger to be able to tell the airline that they can see that the bag(s) are sitting in Frankfurt arrivals hall?
    I’ve used it on 4 flights recently, each time it showed the bags as loaded before I boarded the plane.

If If plane took departed showing it as not loaded, I’d know where it last scanned and be able to raise it before landing. Benefit being If it was loaded onto a different plane it would show the plane on the app and time it was loaded.