closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Looking for divine assistance

Looking for divine assistance

On Sunday, the store will be releasing the PRS25 EXP which I want. Having failed in all my purchasing endeavours so far, can anyone suggest a way to be successful? By successful I mean pass the watch under the table or else I’ll have to buy another Seiko
    Last edited by Scrubnut; 26th May 2022 at 20:04.

I find it comes down to the hat I'm wearing.
    The wider the brim, the better I get on with the monthly TF order.
    Buy a bigger hat.

Over the millennia, countless societies, priests and priestesses have found that acts of sacrifice have helped deliver the outcomes they desired.

If you can find one locally, you could try sacrificing a virgin.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post

M
    Not many of those on Dartmoor. Plenty of sheep though. Maybe I could do a roast?

I built and burnt a wicker man in my garden and this seemed to do the trick.

Looking for divine assistance

Never tried before but might have a go this w/e just for fun.

Master
    I consulted the local soothsayer who, after examining the entrails of an African swallow, advised that the full moon of Woadmonath would be very auspicious. Seemed to work.

Last edited by Wimm; 29th May 2022 at 10:40. Reason: SPAG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wimm View Post
    I consulted the local soothsayer who, after examining the entrails of an African swallow, advised that the full moon of Woadmonath would be very auspicious. Seemed to work.
    Did it involve a time travel charm too?

Woohoo! Success. Looks like the seance worked!

Blog Entries
    Yup, success here too. I sacrificed a rib roast to my stomach via an early lunch/supper(!) and it worked. All I was after was a Jubilee bracelet but I got one. Completed by about 14:00:25, although I didn't check precisely.

I see that the confirmation email is timed at "13:00:17+0000", so 14:00:17 local time!

Yes, apparently it is possible to go from 'add to basket' to completed that quickly.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 29th May 2022 at 14:19.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post

M
    I live in Essex, no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Yup, success here too. I sacrificed a rib roast to my stomach via an early lunch/supper(!) and it worked. All I was after was a Jubilee bracelet but I got one. Completed by about 14:00:25, although I didn't check precisely.

I see that the confirmation email is timed at "13:00:17+0000", so 14:00:17 local time!

Yes, apparently it is possible to go from 'add to basket' to completed that quickly.
    It took you only 17 seconds !!?!! wow ... you were super fast than a Superman lol

I turned off the VPN as suggested last time and I was successful. Whether that was a factor nobody knows! As for whether or not your basket is locked when using 2FA, I suggest it might be…..I ordered on the iPad but it took me a while to find my mobile to complete . The watch was still in my cart when I got back to the store

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oca9i View Post
    It took you only 17 seconds !!?!! wow ... you were super fast than a Superman lol
    Yes, I was rather surprised that I was that fast. I thought it took me a little longer but the email header timings do seem to confirm it:

Received: from o7.mailer.shopify.com ([149.72.146.168]) by mail.signal100.net with [Mark's mail server software] ESMTP; Sun, 29 May 2022 14:00:19 +0100
    Received: by filterdrecv-57fb89798f-6nsx5 with SMTP id filterdrecv-57fb89798f-6nsx5-1-62936E61-72
    2022-05-29 13:00:17.379186136 +0000 UTC m=+4547799.267376071
    Received: from MTc4NjQ2Mjc (unknown)
    by geopod-ismtpd-5-5 (SG) with HTTP
    id X4pSqWYZR8uEs0xyxVCJYQ
    Sun, 29 May 2022 13:00:17.365 +0000 (UTC)

So in other words, it really did seem to originate at the Shopify server at 14:00:17.365 and was processed by my mail server two seconds later at 14:00:19.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubnut View Post
    I turned off the VPN as suggested last time and I was successful. Whether that was a factor nobody knows! As for whether or not your basket is locked when using 2FA, I suggest it might be…..I ordered on the iPad but it took me a while to find my mobile to complete . The watch was still in my cart when I got back to the store
    Excellent, glad you were successful!

Interesting about the apparently locked basket for payment processing. Thanks for the feedback on that too.

Excellent, glad you were successful!

Interesting about the apparently locked basket for payment processing. Thanks for the feedback on that too.
    Yes that *is* interesting. That would apparently mean that at 10 seconds past two, the time by which I'd reached the card authentification screen, it was already too late.