closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 242 of 365 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252292342 ... LastLast
Results 12,051 to 12,100 of 18222

Thread: More bike related stuff

Seen a Tiger 660 in the colour I have ordered mine in for the first time, and I am very happy. Think it looks really good.

Is it May yet??

Chris.

Sent from my Nokia 8.3 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chris2982 View Post
    Seen a Tiger 660 in the colour I have ordered mine in for the first time, and I am very happy. Think it looks really good.

Is it May yet??
    Popped into my local Triumph dealer yesterday and they hada whole row of Tiger 660s with sold signs on them.

Seems to be hit!

Master

Is it May yet??

Chris.

I keep being drawn to the new 850

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    New bike day:

Never mind the bikes, congratulations on an immaculate garage!

Master

Is it May yet??

Chris.

Lucerne Blue. I have provisionally ordered a Tiger GT Explorer in the same colour - subject to a test ride. If it all works out, I'll be trading my GS in April(ish).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    Lucerne Blue. I have provisionally ordered a Tiger GT Explorer in the same colour - subject to a test ride. If it all works out, I'll be trading my GS in April(ish).
    My mate took his speed triple in for a shim service last week and they gave him a Tiger 900 for a couple of days… he loved it, and as an ex GS owner, said he preferred the tiger anyday.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    My mate took his speed triple in for a shim service last week and they gave him a Tiger 900 for a couple of days… he loved it, and as an ex GS owner, said he preferred the tiger anyday.
    It will be interesting to see. One of my buddies has a Tiger 900 GT and he really rates it. I'm hoping the 1200 GT Explorer rides as well as it looks. The Triumph dealer offered me 20% more for my GS than the BMW guys offered, so that's an incentive to change brands, right there - although I realise this works both ways...

Anyway, with a refundable deposit, it was a bit of a no-brainer.
    Last edited by downer; 21st February 2022 at 09:01.

Master
    Who would have guessed - people who like watches like bikes as well!!

https://www.visordown.com/news/new-bikes/limited-edition-triumph-speed-twin-breitling-and-top-time-chrono-announced

LIMITED EDITION TRIUMPH SPEED TWIN BREITLING AND TOP TIME CHRONO ANNOUNCED

Triumph and Breitling have teamed up for a limited-edition Breitling Speed Twin and Breitling Top Time Chronograph

Last edited by I a n; 22nd February 2022 at 14:44.

The bike colours look pretty good. Not so sure about the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    The bike colours look pretty good. Not so sure about the watch.
    Is it turquoise?

Very popular at the moment, apparently

Roads dry* today and I had to go go Stoke so took the opportunity to take the bike (the one with heated grips) and go the long way round via Whaley, Buxton & Leek. A bit blowy across the tops but a very pleasant ride to get me back in the swing of things.

Questions though...
    1) when did you last see someone using one of those big 'Road Atlas of Great Britain' books (in a 2020 car)? And is it OK to consult said atlas filling pretty much the whole windscreen while driving at pace round the twisty bit between Whaley and Buxton? Fortunately I got past pretty quickly but some people are better off behind me than in front of me.
    2) which one of you ****ed a driver of a huge Merc SUV off so badly that when he saw me in the mirror he slammed his brakes on at a clear junction, waited 'til the lights were just about to change from amber to red and drove off?

(*yes - I know some people ride in all weathers but I'm not there yet)

Master
    Test riding a Tenere 700 tomorrow- hopefully weather will be nice (ish)

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Test riding a Tenere 700 tomorrow- hopefully weather will be nice (ish)
    Hopefully better for you than my forecast tomorrow (which is sleet showers from dawn 'til dusk).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    Hopefully better for you than my forecast tomorrow (which is sleet showers from dawn 'til dusk).
    I know, might have to postpone it until Friday or tomorrow PM
    Looks dire for the morning
    Last edited by lewie; 23rd February 2022 at 22:24.

Had a great ride yesterday into Bond St to pick up my new watch :)

Master
    Good news for me today👍

Having been told I wouldn’t get my new XDiavel until end of May or even June…. It’s been delivered to the dealer on Tuesday, and will be ready for me to collect from the 1st March…

So weather dependant I should get it sometime next week..

Enjoy your new bikes, gentlemen

Master
    Good news for me today

Having been told I wouldn’t get my new XDiavel until end of May or even June…. It’s been delivered to the dealer on Tuesday, and will be ready for me to collect from the 1st March…

So weather dependant I should get it sometime next week..
    Andrew I was in Woods on Tuesday , there were 4 red Panigale’s all lined up ready for March 1st I didnt see your bike then, but there were a lot in. Same at A&D lots of sold stickers, a good sign for biking in general.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Andrew I was in Woods on Tuesday , there were 4 red Panigale’s all lined up ready for March 1st I didnt see your bike then, but there were a lot in. Same at A&D lots of sold stickers, a good sign for biking in general.
    Hi Steve….apparently it arrived on Tuesday (was probably still in the crate) I called in this morning to pick up an exhaust gasket for the rocket, and there it was…. They never told me it was in🤪🤪

Anywho the exhaust gasket was for this…. Swapped the Werkes exhaust for a Zard picked up on eBay for less than half price…. The Zard is a step up in looks and quality and sounds great..👍👍 only took 45 minutes to fit🤔

Master
    Hi Steve….apparently it arrived on Tuesday (was probably still in the crate) I called in this morning to pick up an exhaust gasket for the rocket, and there it was…. They never told me it was in浪浪

Anywho the exhaust gasket was for this…. Swapped the Werkes exhaust for a Zard picked up on eBay for less than half price…. The Zard is a step up in looks and quality and sounds great.. only took 45 minutes to fit樂
    Trust theres a b4 and after youtube vid :)

Hmmmm... can't say that I'd have done that, but as long as you're happy

MOT for my BMW today, pissing rain on the journey in, hailstones on the ride back. I’m seriously thinking about MOTing it again in August as I’m fed up of getting drenched when riding to these February ones!
    Last edited by Thewatchbloke; 25th February 2022 at 00:56. Reason: Typo!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    MOT for my BMW today, pissing rain on the journey in, hailstones on the ride back. I’m seriously thinking about MOTing it in again in August as I’m fed up of getting drenched when riding to these February ones!
    Tell ya what - that's not a bad idea!

I get two of my bikes dealer-serviced around Nov each year, and one is due MOT next week, other in June. If it doesn't pass MOT during service - there is something seriously wrong!

Thanks for the prompt!!!!

Master
    Tell ya what - that's not a bad idea!

I get two of my bikes dealer-serviced around Nov each year, and one is due MOT next week, other in June. If it doesn't pass MOT during service - there is something seriously wrong!

Thanks for the prompt!!!!
    Too right with above , MOT’d my GS last week, it was twitchy backside as to whether it would snow on the day. Theres a lot to be said for Jun to Aug MOT’s

Master

A fresh test ride this morning

Untitled by biglewie, on Flickr

Craftsman
    Can't go wrong with a T7

Untitled by biglewie, on Flickr

This is what I like doing with mine (Photo C/O Doc Ward at one of the WOR events in Wales). I had red and bloodshot eyes for days after riding there; the dust was thick around the other side of the track!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by electorn View Post
    Can't go wrong with a T7

This is what I like doing with mine (Photo C/O Doc Ward at one of the WOR events in Wales). I had red and bloodshot eyes for days after riding there; the dust was thick around the other side of the track!

They had a SH one at £8.2k but sold yesterday- offered me a new one for. 9k- decision- was a nice comfy ride

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Well, first ‘ride’ of the year today. Not a ride out, but took the Street RS for its annual service to keep the warranty going. Not been on the bike since probably September/October ish, and wow, it felt good. A bit chilly, but not uncomfortably so. The wet and damp roads worries me more that the cold actually. I am not a wet weather rider in any shape or form.

So, the bikes ready, I’m ready, all I need is the sun to carry out its job and I’ll be hitting the tarmac again.

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    A bit chilly, but not uncomfortably so. The wet and damp roads worries me more that the cold actually. I am not a wet weather rider in any shape or form.

Stuart

Don’t mention this to Enoch when you next ride with him otherwise he will take you on one of his mud spraying routes as part of a wet 900 mile week. Legend:)

Master
    Don’t mention this to Enoch when you next ride with him otherwise he will take you on one of his mud spraying routes as part of a wet 900 mile week. Legend:)
    I’ve ridden with Stuart and he’s much quicker than me…..

In the dry🤪🤔

Master
    Little blast out this morning to the local(ish) triumph dealer -had a couple of the 850 sports on their website- I was interested
    Wasted journey really- that had one in which was sold and are not really expecting any for a while
    I did manage to twist his arm to let me sit on it - I think realistically it was too small ( it was on the low setting ) even on the tall setting only adds. 20mm
    Still mulling over the Tenere 700 -

Master
    Glorious morning, so decided to give the angry bike a rare outing to exercise its high compression lungs. Life affirming. Stopped by the Ace Cafe on the way home…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    Glorious morning, so decided to give the angry bike a rare outing to exercise its high compression lungs. Life affirming. Stopped by the Ace Cafe on the way home…

Angrier and snarls more than an angry thing………….love it, pure Italian passion.

Is Ace on North/south Circular or something? 1098 must be a tad lumpy around the houses?

I'd liken it to my BMW HP2s which is a pig in towns.

Tempted to get a bike out for a run if sunny - just gotta get the salt off after.

Master
    Angrier and snarls more than an angry thing………….love it, pure Italian passion.
    She blows through 70mm open Termis, and nothing sounds like her. There was a Panigale at the Ace which sounded like a sewing machine Honda in comparison!

Is Ace on North/south Circular or something? 1098 must be a tad lumpy around the houses?

I'd liken it to my BMW HP2s which is a pig in towns.

Tempted to get a bike out for a run if sunny - just gotta get the salt off after.
    It is a 1098R and has an 1198cc engine (built with HC Pistals at 14:1 compression) <pedantmodeoff> the dry slipper clutch and quick action throttle don’t make her the best of commuters on the North Circ! Thankfully the roads here are now salt free. HP2 is a lovely machine with wonderful detailing.

She blows through 70mm open Termis, and nothing sounds like her. There was a Panigale at the Ace which sounded like a sewing machine Honda in comparison!

It is a 1098R and has an 1198cc engine (built with HC Pistals at 14:1 compression) <pedantmodeoff> the dry slipper clutch and quick action throttle don’t make her the best of commuters on the North Circ! Thankfully the roads here are now salt free. HP2 is a lovely machine with wonderful detailing.
    Ah-yes, I think I remember commenting that you had made a fast bike - even faster..................

QA throttle would be 'interesting' in traffic.

I’ve ridden with Stuart and he’s much quicker than me…..

In the dry🤪🤔
    You know me Andy, dry only. And warm preferably!! Dont ask for much do I? Another month or so and I’ll be venturing out of bike hibernation for sure. I’m sure we’ll bump into each other this season pal, looking forward to a catch up with you and your crew again

Stuart

Nah, he knows I dont do the wet, hats off to him though, a proper all seasons guy he is

Stuart

Craftsman
    They had a SH one at £8.2k but sold yesterday- offered me a new one for. 9k- decision- was a nice comfy ride
    I have just put a deposit on the World Raid version. The lower fuel and reworked suspension did it for me.

Marked my 17th bike with this big boy!

Followed by a quick headlight protector mod for good measure

Big change from my usual loud and fast V-Twins but I absolutely love it!

“Don’t look back, you’re not heading that way.”

Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post

Big change from my usual loud and fast V-Twins but I absolutely love it!
    Wow! That looks incredible.

I got out for a ride yesterday for the first time in ages, with the lad tagging along on his 125. Having passed his A1 test last year, he's doing his "big bike" direct access for his A licence starting next week so wanted to do a few miles.

It felt rather odd out on the bike yesterday as it's definitely more sedate than my new car, which feels like a rather odd turnaround. Still, cruising about in a chilled manner in the warm(ish) winter sun was definitely a good way to spend a Saturday morning.

I think this hits the thread theme of "bike related stuff"

The "The Late Brake Show" first look at the new Morgan Super 3

https://youtu.be/NPmUvibglfM

I wasn't struck by the looks to start with, but watching through I have to say that there has been some seriously clever thinking and design gone into this new version of the classic Morgan 3 wheeler.

As someone who has always liked his bikes to be practical as well as fun, the efforts that Morgan have gone to to enable the owner to use the new 3 wheeler as a vehicle rather than just a weekend toy really appeal.

I have neither the garage space nor the spare cash, but I'm rather impressed by the new little Morgan.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    Nice bike, in the best colour i think they were available in - Kalamata, but please rethink that hideous carbuncle attached to the headlight...!

We went on an adventure yesterday - a subterraneous adventure.
    Anyone know where we went?

Last edited by E_2_Right-Force; 27th February 2022 at 10:16.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by electorn View Post
    I have just put a deposit on the World Raid version. The lower fuel and reworked suspension did it for me.
    I’m still thinking over the 700
    Unsure if it was my riding but 3 times I lost a gear while stationary- the Gear display was blank and had to feather the clutch to do down the box to 1st

Master
    I’m still thinking over the 700
    Unsure if it was my riding but 3 times I lost a gear while stationary- the Gear display was blank and had to feather the clutch to do down the box to 1st
    That sounds like a badly adjusted linkage to me. The current crop of new bikes dont tend to have false neutrals. If you are still interested I would try another dealer/ bike. My pal has the older 660, he took it to Morocco, even after a 6 month hibernation ( he's a busy lad) it fires up first time and rides faultlessly. Great bikes and the 700 just builds on everything.

Master
    That sounds like a badly adjusted linkage to me. The current crop of new bikes dont tend to have false neutrals. If you are still interested I would try another dealer/ bike. My pal has the older 660, he took it to Morocco, even after a 6 month hibernation ( he's a busy lad) it fires up first time and rides faultlessly. Great bikes and the 700 just builds on everything.
    Got to say that aside it ride very nice and just right for my height ( 6’2”)
    I think I’ll ring Monday the dealer manager rang me on Friday and said he’d cut me a deal- I bought my 1st bike (TS125X ) from him 37 years ago and a few inbetween

Master
    Well that looks like me done with biking for a while….

Went for an overtake, just as a car turned for a lay-by on the right… I hit him at 45% and somehow didn’t come off the bike but took the entry to the lay-by that he was going for. I hit him at around 50 mph, and I’ve managed to smash my femur in 4 or 5 places.. Having haemophilia and a false knee joint complicates matters even more… spoke to the surgeon this morning and he said I’ll be on the table for a minimum of 3 hours

If I could I’d kick myself….. with all my years of experience and on a road I know well I shouldn’t have gone for the overtake…. Just shows you’re never to old to learn..

The other guy indicated as he went for the lay-by so I had no chance……damn damn damn….. there goes picking up my new XDiavel on Tuesday 😢😩

Morphine kicking in so see ya..

Well that looks like me done with biking for a while….

Went for an overtake, just as a car turned for a lay-by on the right… I hit him at 45% and somehow didn’t come off the bike but took the entry to the lay-by that he was going for. I hit him at around 50 mph, and I’ve managed to smash my femur in 4 or 5 places.. Having haemophilia and a false knee joint complicates matters even more… spoke to the surgeon this morning and he said I’ll be on the table for a minimum of 3 hours

If I could I’d kick myself….. with all my years of experience and on a road I know well I shouldn’t have gone for the overtake…. Just shows you’re never to old to learn..

The other guy indicated as he went for the lay-by so I had no chance……damn damn damn….. there goes picking up my new XDiavel on Tuesday 😢ðŸ˜

Morphine kicking in so see ya..
    Oh bloody hell, Enoch!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Gyp; 27th February 2022 at 17:03.

Master
    That's terrible, Enoch - and the last thing you needed after all the trials of the last 12 months. Lay-by's are dangerous, no doubt about that! Just gotta be thankful it wasn't worse.

Get well soon.

Craftsman
    Sorry to here that.
    It’s one of those things always in the back of your mind if your a biker.

You must show us the hospital breakfast.