closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: More bike related stuff

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by I a n View Post
    Took full advantage of a day off work and the good weather to get out for a ride.
    Off to Wales again in a couple of weeks - fingers crossed for good weather...
    The bike's looking lovely, Ian.

Anyway, given that my own R9T is now sold I thought I'd elaborate a bit on the bike I've bought to replace it (which I'm collecting on Sunday). It's an absolutely mint Thruxton R from December 2016, with just 2500 miles on the clock and a host of mods/extras including:

Triumph LED indicators
    R&G tail tidy
    Weslake cat delete X-Pipe
    Weslake anodised bashplate
    Ironhead OVC11SS slip-on silencers
    Triumph tank/knee pads
    Motone Customs Union Jack carb/throttle body covers
    Booster plug

Aside from heated grips, that's pretty much everything I'd have wanted to do anyway (and the decat x-pipe is a bonus). Here's a couple of clips of the bike...

https://streamable.com/hsg0q / https://streamable.com/mlgu9

And some seller's photos...

Why the Thruxton R? Well, I'd kind of set my heart on a Speed Twin, and had discounted the Thruxton due to my original perception of the clip-on bars. However, after testing one i can honestly say it's the most comfortable ride of anything I've tried to date (and, for me, ergonomically perfect) - so much so that it immediately vied for position with the ST. However, the thing that won me over was the quality of components used on the R model - it really is a superior bike in many respects, and given that I prefer the styling anyway it quickly became a fairly easy decision for me. It's just a shame I didn't try one at the time I bought my Street Triple really, as I'd be a fair few quid better off than I am now. Then again, trying different bikes is loads of fun, so i don't really regret the path that I've inadvertently taken.

The R9T is a gorgeous bike and I've loved every minute that I've owned it. I have to say, though, that I'm happy to be back in the Triumph fold, which undoubtedly is where I belong.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 21st September 2020 at 07:58.