closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your most disappointing purchase of 2019

Speedy Tuesday. Just very 'meh' in so far as it isn't different enough from the original to be a stand out and the original looks better anyway.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Metalic Mud View Post
    What was meant to be inside the box?
    Sorry, missed this. A Steinhart Ocean Two Mark 1 in the fairly rare Blue colourway. Bought from a guy in France. PayPal refused to pay out despite my buyers protection and reporting the theft to my local police as requested and obtaining a crime reference number. The seller submitted a compensation claim with La Poste, which I assisted with, but when he got his payout did a runner - so has now been paid twice for the same watch.

Master
    For me it was the white dial EXPLORER II 216570, just too big a dial and I don’t mind big - I have a PAM 590 and GMT-MASTER II BLNR. Maybe it was the white dial.

Sold it within a month and recently purchased a nice 16570 black dial and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is this loved it initially but it just wore off. Now just sits in its multiple box’s!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by legin View Post
    Mine is this loved it initially but it just wore off. Now just sits in its multiple box’s!

Same here,

Don’t get the fascination, it’s a pretty underwhelming piece and I moved mine on pretty sharpish.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Danpd View Post
    Same here,

Don’t get the fascination, it’s a pretty underwhelming piece and I moved mine on pretty sharpish.
    And me as well
    Lovely bracelet if only there was no buzz on the chrono dial i would have kept it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fredamens View Post
    For me it was the white dial EXPLORER II 216570, just too big a dial and I don’t mind big - I have a PAM 590 and GMT-MASTER II BLNR. Maybe it was the white dial.

Sold it within a month and recently purchased a nice 16570 black dial and love it.

I found the 16570 too small (I had the white dialled version) and ended up selling it to the trade a few years back. I have just picked-up a black dial version of the 216570 and couldn’t be happier.....each to their own . No watch buying regrets this year but still regret letting several 16710s go for £2-2,500 back in 2012/13 along with an LV for £4,000....but that said I didn’t like any of them .

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post

This Seadweller just looks like it has too much bezel. It’s an odd move for Rolex as they seemed to have made it larger for the sake of a fashion, with no other reason. Same movement and dial size as it’s predecessor. And at a time Omega and Panerai were downsizing their larger models.

Good move going for the Seamaster 300, it looks like a well sorted design.

Journeyman
    In pictures yes, in the metal, the bezel is just as the one on a normal sub.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    This Seadweller just looks like it has too much bezel. It’s an odd move for Rolex as they seemed to have made it larger for the sake of a fashion, with no other reason. Same movement and dial size as it’s predecessor. And at a time Omega and Panerai were downsizing their larger models.

Good move going for the Seamaster 300, it looks like a well sorted design.