closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Small to medium SUV, Merc GLA or GLC anyone got one or something better?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    I take delivery of a GLC 220d Urban Edition on Friday so I'll let you know. It's going to have to go some to beat my current 2018 X3 though.
    We got exactly that in November last year and have so far done over 10,000 trouble free miles. We also tried the GLA but it felt cheap and plasticky in comparison and my 5ft tall wife looked cramped in it.

It’s definitely worth looking at the Q3/Q5 and both the Volvos too (XC40/60).

If the budget will allow, I’d be looking at the new electrics from Audi and Mercedes too (Q5e-tron? And GQC which is supposedly available later this year).

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    We got exactly that in November last year and have so far done over 10,000 trouble free miles. We also tried the GLA but it felt cheap and plasticky in comparison and my 5ft tall wife looked cramped in it.

If the budget will allow, I’d be looking at the new electrics from Audi and Mercedes too (Q5e-tron? And GQC which is supposedly available later this year).
    EQC is available to order now and starts around £66k. I was in Dresden a couple of weeks back to see/drive it.

It shares a lot of architecture with GLC.

Blog Entries
    Chris Harris car buying advice ...

https://youtu.be/728MLtVImvo

scroll to 1:15

z

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    Volvo xc40?

Looks great and is very highly rated.
    Drove one before I bought the Jag but it seemed awfully sloppy on takeoff. Will probably have another test drive though just to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    I take delivery of a GLC 220d Urban Edition on Friday so I'll let you know. It's going to have to go some to beat my current 2018 X3 though.
    That will be interesting to hear how you compare.

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    I had an Audi Q2 for a week in Munich not long ago
    Quite nice, 150bhp petrol with an excellent satnav system.
    Comfy and smooth , did 45 mpg
    When I got home I read a few write-ups that generally praised it
    Was thinking of the Q2 as a possibility but when you try to configure one you get this message-
    Q2 is now subject to availability. Please speak to your local Audi Centre for pricing and stock availability matching your requirements. Please use the button below to see the latest finance offers.

The Rolex of the car world?

Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    I had a GLC Coupe from new, kept it 2 years and just got rid. It was the 220d AMG version with the Premium Plus pack on it.

Very comfy, quiet, good on fuel (45 mpg average) and lots of space and nice toys. It did spend 3 months off the road though. As a new model it had teething problems, but mine had an ecu fault and Merc UK couldnt fix it. They had to send all the ecu data to Germany where a new software update was developed. I did of course get a loan car for this period. Also on these GLC models, there is a strange issue with the front wheels ‘crabbing’ when turning slowly on full lock. Google it, its a known and very common fault. Mercedes wont concede its incorrect steering geometry, but along with many others they changed all 4 tyres for free after 12 months. Go figure. Would I have another, probably not.

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Interesting, have to see if things have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyblackbeard View Post
    I have had a Peugeot 3008 1.6 petrol auto on lease for the past 11 months, nothing negative yet. Its pretty spacious and modern inside, the basic Prelude level has plenty of extras.
    I've seen a few in car parks and must admit like the look of them. Might have to have a nose in one!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post

The GLA was one I liked the idea of but will have to see it in real life I think to appreciate the size.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    We haven't bought a new car for ages, our most recent is a 2012 X3 sport 2.0d which together with the 2001 V70 we have owned since new both have done the run from Yorkshire to Barcelona coping easily with family and luggage, and returning 40 ish mpg.
    X3 is capable, but a bit predictable perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoon7 View Post
    I am really pleased with the Volvo XC60 we bought a few months ago.
    Will have to look at the 60 as well as the xc40 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    I've been driving a few Q5's recently and have been really impressed with them.
    Q5 might be just a bit bigger than we need, but will take a look when at Audi.

Thanks for all the insightful replies guys, it's good to get someone else perspective sometimes.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.