closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Pelagos bezel lume has fallen out

Hybrid View

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    galvanic corrosion
    It’s not just the bronze that has this issue.

I have a BB red ETA bought off this good forum. The crown tube had pitting as a result of galvanic corrosion (most likely from use in sea water). It was well out of warranty but Tudor replaced it free of charge.
    They recommend that all black bays are washed regularly to remove any sea water / sweat which can cause the issue where the stainless steel meets the aluminium.

Quote Originally Posted by sazzle View Post
    It’s not just the bronze that has this issue. I have a BB red ETA bought off this good forum. The crown tube had pitting as a result of galvanic corrosion (most likely from use in sea water). It was well out of warranty but Tudor replaced it free of charge. They recommend that all black bays are washed regularly to remove any sea water / sweat which can cause the issue where the stainless steel meets the aluminium.
    Very interesting to hear. I warned people about Tudor using aluminium collars on the BB and was loudly poo-pooed.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bedlam View Post
    Very interesting to hear. I warned people about Tudor using aluminium collars on the BB and was loudly poo-pooed.
    Always good to be vindicated. ;-)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sazzle View Post
    It’s not just the bronze that has this issue.

I have a BB red ETA bought off this good forum. The crown tube had pitting as a result of galvanic corrosion (most likely from use in sea water). It was well out of warranty but Tudor replaced it free of charge.
    They recommend that all black bays are washed regularly to remove any sea water / sweat which can cause the issue where the stainless steel meets the aluminium.
    Yep. That aluminum crown spacer is ugly, mechanically unnecessary, AND bad engineering.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    Yep. That aluminum crown spacer is ugly, mechanically unnecessary, AND bad engineering.
    Presumably this is why the spacer/winder tube on the new GMT is stainless steel?

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Hocuspocus View Post
    Presumably this is why the spacer/winder tube on the new GMT is stainless steel?
    Tudor should issue a recall on the BB and replace the aluminium with a stainless collar in that case.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bedlam View Post
    Tudor should issue a recall on the BB and replace the aluminium with a stainless collar in that case.
    They should just redesign the crown/tube and fit a conventional crown. It would be more functional and less silly looking.