closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My Tudor Pelagos experience

Master

My Tudor Pelagos experience

Last November I decided to buy a Tudor Pelagos blue from my local AD in favour of other watches I had been looking at. I tried it on to rule it out in honesty. I thought the clasp would be a gimmic and the blue would be too bold. Neither were true. I loved it. Three weeks later the bezel started crunching and grinding when operated. The watch went back to a Rolex/Tudor service centre and was away for 4 weeks.

The bezel had been replaced and the next day the issue returned. This time the watch was away for 6 weeks. On collecting the watch all seemed well, the bezel had been changed again and the ratchet had been replaced. Three days later I noticed the lume on the bezel at 9 o’clock was missing and looks like it was never added to the bezel!

I made it clear to my AD I would like an exchange and they didn’t have any issues offering me an exchange or refund. To be honest the AD has been good in dealing with this. Like all things sometimes you buy a dud. What really peed me off was the poor work done on both attempts. Also, during the time my watch was going to the service centre and back to me it picked up a lot of marks. A lot of marks! This also surprised me. The lack of care when dealing with the watch was evident.

Thankfully my new Pelagos is faultless and I am a happy bunny. Bit of a ball ache all in all and disappointing to see how poor the quality control was as well as how poorly the watch was handled.

Stu

Master
    I’m really shocked at that, as I’ve got 2 tudors and both have been amazing quality given the price.

My Black Pelagos was like yours something I tried on to eliminate, but came home with me (instead of a SD4k...can’t not kick myself there, but was too ‘subby’ vs my 14060M...)

A couple of years on and still love it, especially on an iso. Never worn in on the original rubber as doesn’t feel right for the few seconds I tried it.

I wear most of mine in rotation. The only thing that’s stopped me is my Sinn UX, it’s not left my wrist since it arrived, just bulletproof

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I was surprised too. Things like this can happen it’s more the poor handling of the watch and repairs that surprised and dissapppibted me.

Master
    I have had three Tudors now. One bought new which was the B.B. Bronze and that came with a black mark on one of the hour markers in the lume plot. The AD were good and replaced the watch rather than expecting me to have to wait for it to be fixed (I only noticed once I got home). It still amazes me that it was let out of the factory in that conditon

Craftsman
    Got the same watch last November (touch wood) not had any issues and build is super.
    It's the service you have had that would concern me, I would at least expect the watch to come back with the overall condition (minus the fault)at least the same if not better as a way of an apology.

But after the debacle I had with my Tag nothing would suprise me now with the service you get from the said departments I think!

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gee252 View Post
    Got the same watch last November (touch wood) not had any issues and build is super.
    It's the service you have had that would concern me, I would at least expect the watch to come back with the overall condition (minus the fault)at least the same if not better as a way of an apology.

But after the debacle I had with my Tag nothing would suprise me now with the service you get from the said departments I think!

Exactly. After bodgeing the repair first time around at least clean the watch up, or at the very least don’t make its condition worse!

In my experience, the Pelagos’ titanium picks up scratches, marks and stains to an infuriatingly large degree. Perhaps they simply couldn’t control for that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Refurbish is only offered with a full service and if not needed they won't do it, even if you're willing to pay for it. That surprised me as well.

Master
    It should come back without additional marks though. No excuse for that

Craftsman
    My experience when I bought a Pelagos

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...r-Pelagos-woes

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyf View Post
    My experience when I bought a Pelagos

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...r-Pelagos-woes
    I do recall reading this post. We must be in the very small minority as loads have been sold and only we have mentioned the issue. Maybe others have and have not posted. Like you say it ticks all the boxes and at the moment there is nothing else I would like that I could readily buy.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by vcarter View Post
    Refurbish is only offered with a full service and if not needed they won't do it, even if you're willing to pay for it. That surprised me as well.
    Exactly, I did ask about this and was told me the same. Companies refurbish watches without the need for a full dismantling so they could. Even if they just did the bracelet and clasp.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Exactly, I did ask about this and was told me the same. Companies refurbish watches without the need for a full dismantling so they could. Even if they just did the bracelet and clasp.
    I don't know how difficult it is or how much time does it take, but to me it just sounds like giving up easy money... It could be offered for a charge without asking.

Master
    I took the fabric strap from my BB Bronze back to the dealer as it was too narrow for the lugs, and that slight gap drove me nuts. They sent it back to Tudor who then required the watch head also. This was duly dispatched, and the dealer got in touch to say that Tudor say the strap is fine and had compared it to a new one and mine was the same width.
    My question Is, wtf did They need the watch head to make a comparison to another strap? Or am I missing something here?

Banned
    Found this thread interesting as I've been thinking that a Tudor Heritage maybe my next purchase. However, reading this it seems there maybe some QC issues.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmdf1960 View Post
    Found this thread interesting as I've been thinking that a Tudor Heritage maybe my next purchase. However, reading this it seems there maybe some QC issues.
    Remember my Tudor was serviced by Rolex/Tudor centre so not just a Tudor issue. I think all brands of watches (just like cars) can have issues. There was a thread about a chap collecting a AP or Patek and it would not start and got sent for repair.

Tudor watches are remarkably well made and have amazing movements. I would not let this thread put you off. It didn’t stop me exchanging mine as opposed to asking for a refund. Go and handle one and see what you think.

I took mine to Rolex Reading for regulation and as I spotted something (piece of fluff?) under the glass! No problems with the service from them, but surprised at the foreign body!

Surprised to hear this happened to you but I'm glad you got one you are now happy with

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app