closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrods green black bay

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    As far as I have been made aware the original run of 100 was never set in stone and Tudor have confirmed that this BBG will be limited but have not placed a final number, similar I suppose to the Omega Fois.

So it could be 1000 or 100000 but everyone who is on the Harrods list will definitely get one, although I am unsure of turnaround time by Tudor on this release.
    Just like everyone will “theoretically” get a Nautilus 5711 or Daytona since they are not “limited” also!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman

Tudors call.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    Just like everyone will “theoretically” get a Nautilus 5711 or Daytona since they are not “limited” also!

That will be for Tudor to decide how they want to meet demand. Do they deliberately limit supply like Rolex does to continue the Daytona hype or do they push them out quickly to meet the demand from their customers.

Time will tell.

Master
    That will be for Tudor to decide how they want to meet demand. Do they deliberately limit supply like Rolex does to continue the Daytona hype or do they push them out quickly to meet the demand from their customers.

Time will tell.
    Doubt Tudor will produce loads more. There is no incentive to do so. They rather create hype which draws more interest in the brand. Selling a few hundred BBs will hardly dent any financial statements.

Master
    Wow I can get myself on the LIST without buying a dozen Tudor Glamour first for my nearest and dearest distant relatives. what a privilege! Rolex watch and learn from your blue collar brother!

Doubt Tudor will produce loads more. There is no incentive to do so.
    No incentive? There's no reason no to do more either. Harrods is the world's most famous luxury retailer, Tudor is a brand with a desire to grow their market share globally. There's a demand for retailer tie-ins like this and the watch seems to be very popular. The brand wants to sell watches, Harrods does too. That's incentive enough when Swiss watch export has been going in the wrong direction for the past few years.

Master
    Doubt Tudor will produce loads more. There is no incentive to do so.
    Never underestimate a company's desire to increase short to revenue.

Personally I like the watch (despite the snowflake), but not necessarily the Harrods link.

Interesting to see how the next batch after the 100 appear. Will they be numbered? Will they have the horrible H on the case back? Will the price rise? Will Tudor start selling them independently as non-limited pieces?

Watch and wait.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    That's incentive enough when Swiss watch export has been going in the wrong direction for the past few years.
    You may want to re-think that.

http://www.watchpro.com/uk-sets-new-...-watches-2017/

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrale View Post
    Personally I like the watch (despite the snowflake), but not necessarily the Harrods link.

Interesting to see how the next batch after the 100 appear. Will they be numbered? Will they have the horrible H on the case back? Will the price rise? Will Tudor start selling them independently as non-limited pieces?

Watch and wait.
    I guess the next batch will be numbered

Master
    No incentive? There's no reason no to do more either. Harrods is the world's most famous luxury retailer, Tudor is a brand with a desire to grow their market share globally. There's a demand for retailer tie-ins like this and the watch seems to be very popular. The brand wants to sell watches, Harrods does too. That's incentive enough when Swiss watch export has been going in the wrong direction for the past few years.
    Harrods has record breaking sales and seriously the best advertising is the one for a watch people will go crazy over....if you think they will start producing loads more to meet demand think again....the incentive is to create a mystique, to make people call in, come into the shop, buy stuff to get “higher up” the list and so on. This is classic luxury branding come on!! Hermes chanel rolex patek everyone does it. selling 50-100 more BBs over a year or 2 is like a drop in the ocean for Harrods or Tudor mate. They rather people on forums instagram and so forth create hype and mystique is MUCH better marketing.

Master

Harrods green black bay

Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    Never underestimate a company's desire to increase short to revenue.
    Not undersestinating it at all. I reckon it’s in Harrods interest to keep it limited to get people to remain interested create hype and so forth. You have to understand that getting people to come to your store already is win for harrods. Companies pay money and have store visit calculations. The fact that a watch that is currently unavailable can entice people to come to harrods is a big win already. From a marketing perspective this is a great performing situation.

Master
    It’s interesting though that they are quoting 2 years to fulfill the waiting list.
    I presume this is a Bezel change ? Anything else to it ? Sounds like they are producing in batches of 10 or at least delivering in batches of 10.
    They didn’t mention to me that the list was closing but I presume it must do at some point otherwise it stops being LE and just becomes an alternative model.
    Don’t get me wrong I’m on the list as I like the Bezel colour combination.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    It’s interesting though that they are quoting 2 years to fulfill the waiting list.
    I presume this is a Bezel change ? Anything else to it ? Sounds like they are producing in batches of 10 or at least delivering in batches of 10.
    They didn’t mention to me that the list was closing but I presume it must do at some point otherwise it stops being LE and just becomes an alternative model.
    Don’t get me wrong I’m on the list as I like the Bezel colour combination.
    Interesting point, wouldn’t it be a matter of time that aftermarket green bezel insert becomes available

Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    Interesting point, wouldn’t it be a matter of time that aftermarket green bezel insert becomes available
    It wouldn’t be an exact BBG though as the fonts different too and the green tipped seconds hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwolf View Post
    It wouldn’t be an exact BBG though as the fonts different too and the green tipped seconds hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Ah

Not undersestinating it at all. I reckon it’s in Harrods interest to keep it limited to get people to remain interested create hype and so forth. You have to understand that getting people to come to your store already is win for harrods. Companies pay money and have store visit calculations. The fact that a watch that is currently unavailable can entice people to come to harrods is a big win already. From a marketing perspective this is a great performing situation.

Why do you think this edition has been so successful (compared to the Panerai efforts).

Is it the design, maker (with the Tudor push at the mo) or the price point?

Master
    Why do you think this edition has been so successful (compared to the Panerai efforts).

Is it the design, maker (with the Tudor push at the mo) or the price point?
    I think the design is big. A lot of people, including myself just simply like it. I was instantly drawn to it when my contact sent me a photo of it before release asking if I wanted one. At this point I had no idea whether this will appreciate or will be hyped or anything, I genuinely just like the look of the watch. The green bezel is extremely subtle and matte with many nice details of green seconds tip and green lettering for the meters etc. Secondly is the size. This is such a versatile size for many people that the target audience is much larger than say for a 44mm luminor automatic which is also very thick. This then coupled with some other aspects such as relatively more "accessible" price point, and the extremely limited information surrounding the release created a great deal of hype which has helped drive demand. Overall I love it!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    As Winston Churchill famously said ‘Don’t believe everything you read on the internet’

Instagram @blowersmayfair
    Or anywhere else.

Smile

Watch and wait.

I'll be able to answer a few of your questions tomorrow afternoon......

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    I'll be able to answer a few of your questions tomorrow afternoon......
    I shall await news with interest!

Grand Master
    I shall await news with interest!
    Potentially good news for owners is that the watch will become a regular release and production is in full flow to satisfy the demand.
    Numbering them may well continue but with several thousand due it’s no more relevant than the serial number really. Having a ‘First 100’ could be slightly more attractive
    Expect a slightly limited supply throughout this year with it featuring in the main lineup in future brochures.

RIAC

Craftsman
    A few more watches have arrived but the numbering is not in sequence

I've seen a watch with a no. over 200

Craftsman
    Not bad at all! I like it. How limited are they?

edit: sorry. would have needed to read the article first . ;) not limited, but personalized running numbers. So guess limited in a way that they would order a new batch after the first one was sold.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronet king View Post
    A few more watches have arrived but the numbering is not in sequence

I've seen a watch with a no. over 200
    No doubt a few gone to Harrods Tax Free and concierge company’s for HNW too

RIAC

Journeyman
    Tempting to go for one of these - I like them a lot - may visit Harrods soon to see on in real life

Anyone been through Harrods duty free sites yet?

There are 100 important people in the world and they all got a Harrods black bay in the first batch. The rest of mankind are peasants

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdon View Post
    There are 100 important people in the world and they all got a Harrods black bay in the first batch. The rest of mankind are peasants

I'm now in the second 100 so that makes me a Pauper I guess.........# school of hard knocks

I'm now in the second 100 so that makes me a Pauper I guess.........# school of hard knocks
    When you wear your watch, you'll know it's in the second batch and inferior to the first batch. Well, if you didn't know that, you do now

Cry yourself to sleep. Pauper.

Master
    When mine comes up and I find it’s marked 19351 I might pass it up

Cool

When you wear your watch, you'll know it's in the second batch and inferior to the first batch. Well, if you didn't know that, you do now

Cry yourself to sleep. Pauper.

Oh well, off to SC it goes then..............

Craftsman

Price.

When mine comes up and I find it’s marked 19351 I might pass it up
    With the confirmation that the green BBG will become a regular production model, that must come as bad news to the speculators and the prices being asked now on the market.

With Tudor producing such an in demand model at the moment and with the BBG line in general a nod to not only Tudor but Rolex's past would it be inconceivable for tudor to release a Pepsi or coke Gmt BBG at Baselworld. Could be one amazing reaction if they did such a move and got the detail just right.

With the confirmation that the green BBG will become a regular production model, that must come as bad news to the speculators and the prices being asked now on the market.

With Tudor producing such an in demand model at the moment and with the BBG line in general a nod to not only Tudor but Rolex's past would it be inconceivable for tudor to release a Pepsi or coke Gmt BBG at Baselworld. Could be one amazing reaction if they did such a move and got the detail just right.
    However demand (Harrods are still adding 12-15 people per day, everyday to the their list......) will continue to vastly outstrip supply so don't expect to see prices fall dramatically for some time...

there is one on ebay over 5k

Master
    Blog Entries
    However demand (Harrods are still adding 12-15 people per day, everyday to the their list......) will continue to vastly outstrip supply so don't expect to see prices fall dramatically for some time...
    The price premiums will fall, ofcourse they will as it’s not limited anymore and there will be loads of these now. So much for Tudor keeping it exclusive. Pitty anyone paying over for one, now people can just add to the list and buy when it comes up, which would be sooner than later as the speculators pull out.

So now people who like it can buy it, great news all round

Harrods green black bay

It was NEVER a limited production....see post over 2 months ago....

Just hyped up...

Quote Originally Posted by 964RS View Post
    Had a long chat with the CEO of Tudor last week while looking at this watch.

He says it is not a limited edition issue and they will be making as many as Harrods want......

It is a nice watch in the flesh, suits the green
    Last edited by 964RS; 8th February 2018 at 16:34.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by taz11 View Post
    there is one on ebay over 5k
    I think Blowers is asking around £6.5k! Might need some real salesmanship to move that now at that price but you can never tell these days.

Grand Master
    I think Blowers is asking around £6.5k! Might need some real salesmanship to move that now at that price but you can never tell these days.
    Indeed that may be true. Have paid the market conditions at the time which is all one can do.

RIAC

Craftsman

Market.

Indeed that may be true. Have paid the market conditions at the time which is all one can do.

Very true, all your can do is look at the market on that day, pay what you believe will allow you to secure the piece and make a healthy profit.

Will i suppose always be some risk that the market turns or in this case the limited edition was not quite as limited as first speculated. A little similar to what has happened to some of the recent Omega LE speedmasters etc. were the dealers have paid the premium to secure the piece but the buyers do not show up at the price point being commanded or have maybe lost interest in the piece and moved on to something else.

Certainly appears that Tudor has hit a home run with this colour combo.

Grand Master
    If anyone wants one just let me know !

RIAC

If anyone wants one just let me know !

I'd like one, but only if I could have a weekend in London and get one from Harrods, and enjoy their retail experience. Visiting Hull on a wet Wednesday, and having my pants pulled down over the price doesn't quite have the same appeal.

Grand Master
    I'd like one, but only if I could have a weekend in London and get one from Harrods, and enjoy their retail experience. Visiting Hull on a wet Wednesday, and having my pants pulled down over the price doesn't quite have the same appeal.
    Good luck Chris just pop in I’m sure they will put you straight to the top of the list and ask them for a couple of ceramic Daytona’s too!

RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    The price premiums will fall, ofcourse they will as it’s not limited anymore and there will be loads of these now. So much for Tudor keeping it exclusive. Pitty anyone paying over for one, now people can just add to the list and buy when it comes up, which would be sooner than later as the speculators pull out.

So now people who like it can buy it, great news all round

Playing devils advocate here Kash I think we all know that Rolex (read Tudor as well....) are THE masters of managing the demand vs. supply equation in their chosen markets. Yes it is not a limited production model but it is limited by distribution, availability and route to market however.

I'm sure supply will free up a little and yes the overs will subside too from where they are now. Personally I see it as a pretty compelling purchase at anything under £5,000 so get in at retail is even better if one can do that.

Good luck to the rest waiting and I hope you get yours sooner than later.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Playing devils advocate here Kash I think we all know that Rolex (read Tudor as well....) are THE masters of managing the demand vs. supply equation in their chosen markets. Yes it is not a limited production model but it is limited by distribution, availability and route to market however.

I'm sure supply will free up a little and yes the overs will subside too from where they are now. Personally I see it as a pretty compelling purchase at anything under £5,000 so get in at retail is even better if one can do that.

Good luck to the rest waiting and I hope you get yours sooner than later.
    Well the other releases like bucherer don’t command that, and that’s controlled too. Tudor isn’t a winner in the uk, this did well initially on the hype of being 100 only.

People made so much of this, It’s a regular watch, it’s tudor, buy if you like it but an investment it isn’t.

Also I’d argue Tudor is not a master at limiting supply, what of the range is commanding a premium now? Just like those before it, it’s the initial rush and then....
    Last edited by Kash; 8th February 2018 at 20:37.

Well the other releases like bucherer don’t command that, and that’s controlled too. Tudor isn’t a winner in the uk, this did well initially on the hype of being 100 only.

People made so much of this, It’s a regular watch, it’s tudor, buy if you like it but an investment it isn’t.

Also I’d argue Tudor is not a master at limiting supply, what of the range is commanding a premium now? Just like those before it, it’s the initial rush and then....
    Wait a minute. Please don't downplay the importance of the chosen 100. In case you didn't know, they are superior to you

But seriously, the hot air coming from the people who got to buy these is comical to the nth degree. As Kash says, it's a watch. A very regular watch. Buy if you like. Don't buy if you don't like. Don't think it is something it's not. Don't think you're something you're not.

And this is coming from someone who has one of the original 100

Master
    The cynic in me thinks it’s a no loss bet. No money to put down. No commitment to purchase. I’ll happily keep it as it will coincide with my 50th. However if it’s selling at £4750 on forums. You’ll still get speculators buying to sell on.
    Just a quick question ? Have we joined a queue for the 2017 price or will people further down the line (me) pay more? A regular Blackbay could be over £3000 in two years time
    Last edited by Mark lowman; 8th February 2018 at 22:54.

You always pay the landed/delivery price at the time of delivery.
    It's just a matter of time...

Sorry mate but either you missed some of points or didn't read my post properly. Just to come back on a couple of your points however;

In the bigger scheme of things how could one compare Bucherer (a brand that 98% of people have never heard of) to Harrods (a brand that 98% people have heard of)??

It is a regular watch, albeit one that is not easy to get hold of due to the demand vs supply.....that is the reason -heightened by the warm air of speculators- that they are selling for overs. One doesn't have to like the fact but that's what is currently.....a fact. In truth if someone just wants one of these at list price you have to a) pull some big strings and/or b) just be patient and wait. And yes the premiums will subside and some folks will get burnt, but that's just life and something that occurs in many consumer goods markets from time to time of course.

And my point about Rolex/Tudor as a whole is as follows. I was not isolating Tudor as a brand that historically manages supply of popular watches because as we all know (any AD will confirm this) Tudor is still a brand that hasn't found its feet fully....especially in the UK. But the fact that Tudor is a sub brand of Rolex means that when they (Rolex/Tudor) do have a popular (I avoided using "hot" here.....) watch they (Rolex) are going to "manage" that situation to their benefit as they do on their halo models that are under the Rolex brand. Call it marketing or game playing but they (Rolex) are absolute masters of this equation in their own market place.

Wait a minute. Please don't downplay the importance of the chosen 100. In case you didn't know, they are superior to you

But seriously, the hot air coming from the people who got to buy these is comical to the nth degree. As Kash says, it's a watch. A very regular watch. Buy if you like. Don't buy if you don't like. Don't think it is something it's not. Don't think you're something you're not.

And this is coming from someone who has one of the original 100
    Ah, I see what you did there....

Grand Master
    It is what it is now. Disappointment and delight can be experienced all round.

But regardless still a great release

RIAC

Master
    It's a nice looking watch and a much better modern update to the 16610lv than the current green ceramic.

I hope everyone who wants one gets one, and everyone who bought it as an investment loses money.