closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watchfinder

Apprentice

Watchfinder

Anyone know if Watchfinder have a sale at this time of year?
    Thanks.

Sometimes but don’t get too excited; they usually go from vastly overpriced to just moderately overpriced!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Sometimes but don’t get too excited; they usually go from vastly overpriced to just moderately overpriced!
    you took the words right out of my mouth:

Craftsman
    The often badge it up as a sale - but it’s just a nominal amount off and artificially created price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WF = destroyer of the UK secondary watch market. I avoid out of principle.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyman View Post
    Completely agree with this

Apprentice
    Would you mind explaining your logic as to why you don’t like them please?
    Thanks.

Master
    My experiences with them left me determined never to deal with them again. Sky high prices, dubious 'knowledge' of the actual watches, loads of get-out clauses. Not a nice firm as far as I am concerned.
    Still, loads of people happily deal with them. Fine to sell to, not so wise to buy from. If you do buy, use the internet so you can return stuff.

Craftsman
    Watchfinder and actual sales in the same sentence.. You haven't seen the prices they currently have, have you? I avoid and I would suggest you to keep your expectations extremely low.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangelos View Post
    Watchfinder and actual sales in the same sentence.. You haven't seen the prices they currently have, have you? I avoid and I would suggest you to keep your expectations extremely low.

Thanks.
    What online sources would you trust to buy a watch at a reasonable price with a return policy if it ain’t right? I’m struggling to find one in the UK or EU. Just look at Amsterdam Vintage Watches for example - more expensive than Watchfinder. Thanks.
    Last edited by astroshot; 28th December 2017 at 11:36.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by astroshot View Post
    Thanks.
    What online sources would you trust to buy a watch at a reasonable price with a return policy if it ain’t right? I’m struggling to find one in the UK or EU. Just look at Amsterdam Vintage Watches for example - more expensive than Watchfinder. Thanks.
    Chronext? I haven’t used them but might do in the next 24 hours or so!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by lughugger View Post
    Chronext? I haven’t used them but might do in the next 24 hours or so!

Ha, yea I saw the other thread re their sale.
    The best bargains seem to be gone.
    Some of their other pieces aren't cheap unfortunately.

Craftsman
    Would you mind explaining your logic as to why you don’t like them please?
    Thanks.
    the pictures can be very misleading. tried to buy a reverso from them, described as A1. when I asked for more real life pictures to check the condition it was a total mess. also had some overly aggressive sales techniques, and as mentioned above, some of the staff have zero knowledge on what they are selling. Oh and no need to mention the ridiculous prices, I agree they are amongst the highest, but people must be paying them!!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Bit strong. Maybe they have made the market, some people would not be comfortable buying and selling privately but do so from a company like Watchfinder.

I wouldn’t buy a Rolex privately as the fakes are now too hard to spot.

Master
    Thanks.
    Iconic watches.

Grand Master
    Thanks.
    I run Blowers in London if required I am sure we can look after you

https://www.blowers-jewellers.co.uk
    RIAC

Blowers are a fantastic company.
    Only ever been in their Hull shop when it was the only Blowers got a SubMariner bi metal blue face and a ladies yacht master bi metal white faced. Great prices then too. Didn’t lose on selling mine either.

Craftsman
    Thanks.
    I do chronext, their prices and their pictures are more down to earth, plus they offer two years warranty rather than the one that is most often offered.

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    I run Blowers in London if required I am sure we can look after you

https://www.blowers-jewellers.co.uk

Are there any Everest strap in the London store? May consider the racing leather strap for my future purchase

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelv_w View Post
    Are there any Everest strap in the London store? May consider the racing leather strap for my future purchase
    Give us a call at Hull and the girls can send one down if we have stock left
    RIAC

I use Watchfinder to sell to so I find them useful, especially as sales corner is a little tough these days. They are straightforward to sell too and pricing on most of the watches they have bought from me have been fair, especially on Rolex. Think I have sold them at least 10 watches.

In regards to purchasing it’s not so good, high prices, condition can be poor given they have such a large service centre and often they can’t give much detail but in fairness they have a good returns policy. I have bought a Rolex DayDate in white gold and PP Aquanaut which were both mint, a Bremont that was less so. On all of the purchases I did trade ins which made them possible.

In regards to a sale, they have the special offers section with meagre discounts. I wouldn’t wait around for a good sale from them 😁

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne_james View Post
    I use Watchfinder to sell to so I find them useful, especially as sales corner is a little tough these days. They are straightforward to sell too and pricing on most of the watches they have bought from me have been fair, especially on Rolex. Think I have sold them at least 10 watches.

In regards to purchasing it’s not so good, high prices, condition can be poor given they have such a large service centre and often they can’t give much detail but in fairness they have a good returns policy. I have bought a Rolex DayDate in white gold and PP Aquanaut which were both mint, a Bremont that was less so. On all of the purchases I did trade ins which made them possible.

In regards to a sale, they have the special offers section with meagre discounts. I wouldn’t wait around for a good sale from them 
    Agree they are great to sell to, particularly higher priced watches. Prices are usually the highest and often even higher than you can achieve at SC.

They are an important firm that has created a more liquid secondary market and I think they made a positive contribution there, despite some of the negativity here.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    Completely agree with this
    Totally agreed. They take profit making to another level. Can be useful to sell to like others have said, however its only due to the fact they will make a killing on re-sale.
    Last edited by Watchaddict; 29th December 2017 at 21:41.

Master
    I've used WF a good few times and found them very reliable but my God, their prices for certain models are off the scale IMO. Anyone for a 2006 Pepsi GMT for £10.5k 😲