closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Is it even remotely possible that a cheap Rolex on gum tree could be real.

Hybrid View

Apprentice
    Surely this would be more possible with a different make, pretty sure ever one knows they are on to a winner if they inherit a Rolex

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Justmuller View Post
    Surely this would be more possible with a different make, pretty sure ever one knows they are on to a winner if they inherit a Rolex
    Absolutely, especially the models with the clear case or engraved design back!

My "favourite" was someone listing a watch with "Day Date" on the dial - but no day display!
    Last edited by David_D; 30th April 2017 at 13:56. Reason: typo

Master
    Reminded of some twonk IT project managers I occasionally said hello to at a hotel I stay in ( full of expats).

They had been to Abu Dhabi for a few days and come back. One was bragging about his new Rolex "Submarine" being identical to the real thing.

Another twonk I met once in a bus ; notice my monaco and proceeded to tell me how he has every watch brand imaginable and how much he loved watches.
    Not for him the knock offs he only bought high quality "first copies" that were as good as the real thing.

Snobbery amongst knock off watch collectors seems like the most redundant thing in the universe. Its like poo eaters being snobby about whether they had a sweetcorn kernal in their last snack or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    Not for him the knock offs he only bought high quality "first copies" that were as good as the real thing.
    Hahahahaha! That's not just snobbery; it's delusion. ;-)

Master
    Facebook now has a market place. Check it out there. Countless Rolex can be had for £45 etc! It's almost funny

Master
    When I'm travelling to more exotic locations I check out the little hole in the wall watch sellers.

I'm always hoping that I'll find something nice that the seller isn't aware of. Probably not a Rolex or Omega but maybe something not quite so well known : Doxa , Hamilton , Bulova kind of thing.

This is of course completely delusional and I have never found anything close to this. Once I found an ancient ladies tiny omega that looked like it was corroded solid. It actually looked like it had been through the digestion system of a cow.

This is a bit like thinking if you go into a scrap yard you'll find a nearly mint ferrari ...that they don't know the value of.