closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bruce Springsteen - he's on his way

Craftsman

Bruce Springsteen - he's on his way

The Boss has announced 4 dates for the UK in May / June - Manchester, Glasgow, Coventry and London

Funnily enough I've been to all 4 venues to see him before - albeit the old Wembley rather than the new one. I'll be avoiding Hampden Park this time - what a nightmare to get away from!

I'll probably be heading to Coventry but quite fancy Manchester and London as well. I was hoping Newcastle may be on the list but alas no.

I think I'm excited because its only 3 months away (and I don't get out much). Normally when you book events nowadays you seem to have to wait at least 9 months.

Tickets on sale next Thursday 9am - Anyone else planning to go?

Master
    Yep- Manchester and London hopefully

Having been brought up on Springsteen I am a bit of a fan
    Will have to get tickets for London
    Thanks for letting us know

In 1988 he played Sheffield, I listened to the concert at my then home,,,,,,,8 miles away as the crow flies.

I saw him in '88 too - the Tunnel of Love tour - at Villa Park.

Grand Master
    I like Springsteen, particularly his early work up to 1984. I enjoyed seeing him live in Roundhay Park (Leeds) in '84 or '85 when he was at his best with the original E street band.

I`m happy to give the latest tour a miss and enjoy the memories.

Paul

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I like Springsteen, particularly his early work up to 1984. I enjoyed seeing him live in Roundhay Park (Leeds) in '84 or '85 when he was at his best with the original E street band.

Paul
    I didnt see him in 84 (i was 10) but i would genuinely say he hasnt degraded much based on the last time i saw him - he was full of energy and intensity that would shame many younger bands. Nowt wrong with not wanting to spoli great memories but i dont think you would be disappointed if you got a ticket and went along mate.

I'd love to go but how can I get sniper software to beat the touts?

Craftsman

Paul
    1985 Paul - I was also there.

You may find this Youtube clip interesting. If anything, I think they have got better with time and as the tour is based on The River Album (and tracks that didn't quite make it) I'll be happy to have a few new memories

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOzHDXgUPnQ

I saw him at the Ricoh cov about 3 yrs ago
    Excellent show

Master
    I will be trying to get to Coventry, as I fly to Turkey the day of the London show.

First saw him Wembley 35 years ago, then several times since, most recently Emirates and Hyde Park.

Master
    I was fortunate to see him on The River tour in 1981. 4 x shows (2 @ Mcr Apollo, centre stage 3rd row, 2 x NEC). Utterly stunning. Then 2 shows in 85, 1 in 87, Human Touch and the 1999 tour. He's a great act and still a genuine guy. But those 81 shows were like nothing I'd seen. Boundless energy/enthusiasm and a killer band.

I saw him last time he played London and he was genuinely brilliant - not only a great musician but one of the best showmen and performers I've ever seen.

For anyone on the fence, I'd recommend taking the plunge; it will be a great night out.

ive snagged a ticket for dublin. hopefully. manchester and wembly as well saw him on the wrecking ball tour at coventry wembly and manchester and and twice at the hard rock festival

took this at hyde park

Blog Entries
    Went to Glasgow last time , will try to go again despite the shite venue

Hopefully we'll manage to get some London tickets. Coventry will be our second option. You never know he might add a second date in London if it sells out quickly, think he did this last time when we went to Wembley.

I love the Springsteen quote 'I get paid a fortune for doing something I'd do for free'

I won't be bothering with any tour dates 'cause I assume it's The River tour? Never liked that album.....
    I was gutted I could not see him back when he did the acoustic Ghost of Tom Joad tour- that's one of my favourite ever albums.....

Master

Paul
    I saw him first in1981 at Manchester Apollo and also at Roundhay Park in 1984, and numerous times since. I agree he was at his best with the original E street band (although Wembley 2014 where he played Darkness on the Edge of Town in its entirety was an exception) but that's what this latest tour is- going back to the basics and whilst obviously missing a couple of members it is the original band format. The reviews all look good and there are lots of tracks (not all) that I like.

Master
    I saw him in NY last month at Madison Square Garden, absolutely brilliant! Can't wait for the European shows, although I had hoped that a few would have been indoors.

Ticket master question, as they are all going onsale at the same time can purchase tickets for different venues in one transaction ,

Coventry

Ricoh arena is ten mins from me
    I'll hear it from my back garden......
    Tours slays stuck with tickets there so you'll get one for peanuts if you leave it until the warm up act comes on...

Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    Tours slays stuck with tickets there so you'll get one for peanuts if you leave it until the warm up act comes on...

There won't be a warm up act.

Seen him twice, hammersmith odeon 1975 and Wembley July 4th 1985.

What i've learnt over the years is that big stadium gigs are shite, so looks like i'll never see bruce play live again..

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    English?

saw him at Sunderland 2012 with the wife very good.

Craftsman
    2 Tickets booked for Manchester - not cheap…. but sure it will be worth every penny!

Got tickets for Wembley
    Happy days!

Master
    They advertise the shows with a picture of him from 35 years ago - pity the prices didn't reflect that.

Yeah, I'm sure everyone will disagree, but I missed my chance to see him in the 80s and (like the Stones), he won't be better now.

M.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    Seen him twice, hammersmith odeon 1975 and Wembley July 4th 1985.

What i've learnt over the years is that big stadium gigs are shite, so looks like i'll never see bruce play live again..
    it only seems like yesterday, I remember all the hype in the NME before he came over for the first time.
    I would love to see him live but not from a mile away, that's if I could even get a ticket.

got tickets for Manchester and Coventry didn't bother with Wembley although I will probably be kicking my self I didn't get one

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure everyone will disagree, but I missed my chance to see him in the 80s and (like the Stones), he won't be better now.

M.
    I thought that having seen him in '87 but I was was offered a ticket a few years back and against my better judgment I took it. Blimey, I didn't regret it. He was at the top of his game in '87 but it's barely believable given his age that he's pretty much still there. It was so good that I went to Coventry for the last tour and have just bagged some (bloody expensive) tickets for this time round at the Etihad. Happy days!

I'll be at Wembley thanks to the girlfriend :-)

Master
    he is for me the last great rock act in the way ACDC, The Who etc are. But he is 67 and I take that into account. It will be a great show with a fabulous back catalogue but he isn't what he was in 75/81/85/87 because he can't be. I hatestadium shows as well. The trick is to go to the US and catch him at one of the indoor shows in a 10,000 seater. He may be playing one or two in Europe.

Master
    Got a ticket for Wembley - agree that stadiums are not as good but no choice really.
    Was on the third row at Manchester Appollo in 1981 and him and Clarence were stood next to me playing guitar and sax- never to be forgotten and I guess as that was the River tour the set list isn't going to be too different!

Master
    You may well have been stood next me!

Master
    I did not manage to get tickets. And despite the other thread here in G & D about not using ticket touts, guess what I am going to have to do (sob).

Master
    Busy day - managed to get Manchester, Glasgow, Coventry, London and two for Gothenburg. It should be fun trying to get Bercy tickets, they look like being the only in-door shows on the European tour.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    thanks for the warning, I will steer clear of all these city's during his visits, and I swear I will do my best to smash anyone wearing double denim around this time.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrzej View Post
    I did not manage to get tickets. And despite the other thread here in G & D about not using ticket touts, guess what I am going to have to do (sob).
    It isn't sold out. Sit tight and look at Badlands for tickets and your local press or think about a trip to Europe

still tickets showing for manchester on ticketmaster

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    It isn't sold out. Sit tight and look at Badlands for tickets and your local press or think about a trip to Europe
    Thank you!! Had only looked at Ricoh as will be in Turkey when the London shows are on. Now have tickets for Manchester!!

anyone getting exited , counting the days now, suprised by this statement though

At this first of two Brooklyn concerts, the final stop of the River Tour's spring U.S. leg, Springsteen also said that these would be the last two shows to feature The River played from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Seano View Post
    Bruce Springsteen - he's on his way
    I thought this was another RIP post.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeny View Post
    soon brother, hopefully soon

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    soon brother, hopefully soon
    Well that comment was in particularly poor taste, hopefully not for many years.

Master
    The Madison Square Garden concert is on YouTube - all 3+ hrs of it. Not bad at all.

Blog Entries
    "Quote Originally Posted by Reeny View Post

Soundood response

"soon brother, hopefully soon"

Dude that was an absolutely disgraceful post and having read a whole bunch of RiPs this year mostly about people who I did not give a FF about I still would not have posted this sort of post IMO no I won't say it

London here

Have seen him twice in Stockholm and once in Gothenburg (last day 2012) , latter was just pure magic, they played jungleland for first time since Clarence passing ...

Master
    Anyone want a ticket for Wednesday at Etihad Stadium, Manchester - PM me, well below face value. Standing Ticket.