closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Master Chef

Journeyman

Master Chef

Has anyone got any idea what Marcus Waring is wearing - no pun intended. Not sure I like it, but guessing it's not cheap?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Speedmaster '57, not sure of RRP but there are some on Chrono24 for just over 4K.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by GPTS View Post
    Has anyone got any idea what Marcus Waring is wearing - no pun intended. Not sure I like it, but guessing it's not cheap?
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one wondering that. Checked Twitter the other day and found nothing so assumed nobody else cared. FWIW I really don't like it.

Journeyman
    Thanks Phil h - good spot. Not too keen on it myself, but he obviously likes it. Wears it in every episode.

There are not many people I really dislike but jay Rayner is one of them.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    He used to wear a Breitling a couple of years ago when I ate at his 2 Michelin restaurant. Good but not as good as Le Gavroche or G Ramsay.

Now tied to this - what does Monica wear?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    There are not many people I really dislike but jay Rayner is one of them.
    Me too - and the rest of the critics! I sometimes think I should propose myself to the BBC as one of the Masterchef critics - I'm sure I can produce sufficient negativity and slag dishes off virulently! And as they hardly ever agree amongst themselves and Marcus & Monika take no heed whatsoever of their views, its clear that food knowledge isn't required!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    Me too - and the rest of the critics! I sometimes think I should propose myself to the BBC as one of the Masterchef critics - I'm sure I can produce sufficient negativity and slag dishes off virulently! And as they hardly ever agree amongst themselves and Marcus & Monika take no heed whatsoever of their views, its clear that food knowledge isn't required!!!!
    I'm not exactly enamoured of fatty campion either but the woman that looks like a school head teacher seems OK.
    Marcus comes across as pretty scary sometimes. I'm sure alot of chefs cultivate that persona because it's handy for the workplace. The only one that comes across as really friendly is the hand and flowers bloke, tom whatsisname.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    I'm not exactly enamoured of fatty campion either but the woman that looks like a school head teacher seems OK.
    Marcus comes across as pretty scary sometimes. I'm sure alot of chefs cultivate that persona because it's handy for the workplace. The only one that comes across as really friendly is the hand and flowers bloke, tom whatsisname.
    Campion seems to have softened - in the last few series he's had some positive things to say; I remember a time he rubbished everything served to him by the contestants.

Marcus used to be really nasty when he guest judged or had competitors in his kitchen - he once made a grown man cry with his critique, then told him it was good that he cried because it showed he cared about his food. He's definitely softened.

Master
    So, I know we're going WAY off topic here, but the one I really can't abide is Greg Wallace....I wish he'd just keep his gob shut! In this world of hi-tech TV, can't the BBC broadcast alternative versions of the programme with and without him????

btw how many other people knew that Jay Raynor was the son of Claire Raynor the agony aunt???

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    btw how many other people knew that Jay Raynor was the son of Claire Raynor the agony aunt???
    Really, what gave it away?

Journeyman
    That Campion chap is only ever referred to in our household as "Peter Griffin critic"