closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Should I be contacting eBay just yet?

Master

Should I be contacting eBay just yet?

I bought this off eBay on the 26th of June, but when I enter the tracking number I have been given it says 'item not trackable'
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-TUDOR-Bl...p2047675.l2557
    While browsing eBay just now I spotted this
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-TUDOR-Bl...item58c7465ea3

Is it normal for a seller to list a second item with exactly the same photos?

Craftsman
    I would and no harm done if things work out. Any emails or contact with the seller?

Master
    I sent him a message not too long ago after I spotted his new ad, but being in Australia he's probably sleeping so I'm not expecting a reply just yet.

Master
    I wouldn’t be surprised if they re-used images if the items are in similar condition. In fact Ebay makes it tempting to do so via “List similar item”. The seller is Watchco, I think - huge numbers of listings.

“Item not trackable”. It often isn’t until it is handled at the UK end.

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if they re-used images if the items are in similar condition. In fact Ebay makes it tempting to do so via “List similar item”. The seller is Watchco, I think - huge numbers of listings.

“Item not trackable”. It often isn’t until it is handled at the UK end.
    Yes and when it arrives in the UK, it'll more than likely have a new tracking no. issued by the Royal Mail. Have you tracked it on the Australian Post website?
    Have sent and been sent items from Australia can and does take up to 3 weeks to arrive.... If you contact ebay to early and the item arrives it used to be one "claim" per item so if the item and arrives and isn't as described your stuffed with a claim...

You've bought from a long-time member with masses of deals and 100% positive feedback - I wouldn't raise it with eBay just yet.

He apparently sold 5 identical NOS TAG Heuer dials, so it wouldn't surprise me that he has more than one strap to sell and saved himself the trouble of re-photographing what is essentially the same item.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    it wouldn't surprise me that he has more than one strap to sell and saved himself the trouble of re-photographing what is essentially the same item.
    Quote from the original sale listing "We will be running many more auctions this year, with similar rare and one off lots". So I would guess they have bought the contents of an old stock-cupboard.

If they have ten similar NOS items, it would seem sensible to use the same photos.

Craftsman
    I've bought a few items from him with no issues. Quite fast postage in both instances.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post
    Have you tracked it on the Australian Post website?
    Yes, I used the supplied tracking number on Auspost but nothing came up for it.

Master
    I haven't contacted eBay yet, just wanted the collective advice off you guys first. I'll give it another week or so and see what happens.

Cheers guys,

Ivor.

"We will be running many more auctions this year, with similar rare and one off lots".
    Maybe the OP should start worrying, after all...

If you paid by PayPal you are pretty safe even if the item turns out to be bogus. I wouldn't worry

Quote Originally Posted by wajhart View Post
    Quote from the original sale listing "We will be running many more auctions this year, with similar rare and one off lots". So I would guess they have bought the contents of an old stock-cupboard.

If they have ten similar NOS items, it would seem sensible to use the same photos.
    Hardly rare items if they're selling many more this year 😄

Master
    Watchco use the same photos for repeat sales and have done for ages. I've had plenty of purchases and all 100% ok - don't worry.

I ordered a tritium pearl for a bezel insert from Australia and it took about two weeks, that included the HRMC who added a £14.00 charge and we had to go to our local post office delivery centre and pay up before they let me have my package.

I would give it another few days then contact the seller, i think it is too early to panic just yet.

Craftsman
    Well respected Ebayer - I`ve used them a few times and no problems. They do tend to have lots of the same item that they drip feed onto the site - Nothing to worry about from that angle.

May be worth contacting next week just in case there is a postal issue