closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More phone advice - sorry!

Screen looks really good on the new one and I'm struggling to see the difference . I think the first one they sent was definitely a refurb or a duffer , because it came with a plain screen protector and today's replacement had a screen protector with all sorts of icons on it .
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by petethegeek View Post
    The gen 2 has a slightly larger screen than the gen 1 but with the same number of pixels, thus giving a reduced density. The reviews suggest that the difference in the perceived sharpness this causes in the display quality is discernible but not excessive.

It would be very interesting to hear your own observations on the side by side difference between the two of them.
    Not sure how useful this is, but heres a crappy photo of both phones side by side with each screen on max brightness.

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Not sure how useful this is, but heres a crappy photo of both phones side by side with each screen on max brightness.
    Thanks Dave, that is useful. The photo may not show up the difference in 'sharpness', but it certainly highlights the extra clarity - for those of us with ageing eyesight - that the larger screen size provides. That pretty well makes my mind up for me.

One last thing, could I just see a screen shot of your amazon login details? PM will do fine...

Bought an amzer pudding case. Much better than the ringke. Significantly adds to the size of the phone but that's due to the fact its got all round bumper protection which the ringke doesn't . the ringke is more of a clip on shell.

Master
    Any chance of an update on your new phone, I'm in the process of looking at them and can't decide on the old moto g or the new larger one. Which do you prefer as you've had both. At the minute the new 5" is slightly cheaper at £119 but I'm not sure I want something too big so still considering the old moto g

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    Be interested to hear your take on the Note 4 and whether it was a worthwhile upgrade from the S5. As much as I like the S5 I do fancy a bigger screen, and there's no way I'm going back to Apple for the iPhone 6+.
    Note 4 is simply amazing it is polished and refined compared to the s5. It is blisteringly fast and the screen is simply amazing. It's a close between it and my 6 plus my main number is currently plugged into my note. With my work number being in my 6plus.

My son's 2nd generation is excellent, but recently had to return it to Amazon as the screen developed a weird patch of colour in the centre. Amazon just sent a replacement, no questions asked - but I've never had this problem with another phone.

Master
    Been using a Moto E for a few days, it only cost me £58 and I just couldn't leave it for that price. Must say I'm impressed with it for a smartphone at this price, ok it's no S3 that it replaces but it'll be ok till I decide on the larger Moto G. The two major flaws it has is the poor internal memory (only 4gb) which is nearly full from the box, only 1.6gb left to play with (does have a sd card slot however). The other flaw is the camera and gallery resolution, it just isn't sharp or bright enough. Never mind though, I'm just enjoying my new budget phone with Android 4.4 pre-installed. Everything works smoothly and I'm enjoying it's smaller size. Don't think I'm even going to get a case/cover for it as seems a little overkill on a phone at this price.

Quote Originally Posted by oiljam View Post
    Any chance of an update on your new phone, I'm in the process of looking at them and can't decide on the old moto g or the new larger one. Which do you prefer as you've had both. At the minute the new 5" is slightly cheaper at £119 but I'm not sure I want something too big so still considering the old moto g
    I bought a 16gb Moto G first gen on Friday from Tesco for the bargain sum of £49! £1.18 for an unlock code, few updates later and it's on 4.4.4. And Lollipop is due soon.

Within the last two months I've went Samsung Galaxy S3>Sony Xperia Z3>Htc One S (Gave my Wife the S3 as had gotten a Z3, Z3 was faulty so I returned to my trusty old One S as didn't want to ask for the S3 back!) The only discernible flaw that the Moto G has against them all is the camera; it blitzes the S3 and One S for speed and is almost as slick as the Z3 was. The screen is not quite as good as any of them, but it is sharp; mines was rather yellow but I bought an app for a quid that has adjusted that.

Stunning value for money, easily the best technology bargain I have ever purchased. Sadly, it was the last one the store had or I would have snapped a few up for friends.

Any early adopters tried the new Xiaomi Mi4 phone?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoknevo View Post
    I bought a 16gb Moto G first gen on Friday from Tesco for the bargain sum of £49! £1.18 for an unlock code, few updates later and it's on 4.4.4. And Lollipop is due soon.

Within the last two months I've went Samsung Galaxy S3>Sony Xperia Z3>Htc One S (Gave my Wife the S3 as had gotten a Z3, Z3 was faulty so I returned to my trusty old One S as didn't want to ask for the S3 back!) The only discernible flaw that the Moto G has against them all is the camera; it blitzes the S3 and One S for speed and is almost as slick as the Z3 was. The screen is not quite as good as any of them, but it is sharp; mines was rather yellow but I bought an app for a quid that has adjusted that.

Stunning value for money, easily the best technology bargain I have ever purchased. Sadly, it was the last one the store had or I would have snapped a few up for friends.
    Great catch. I'll keep my eyes peeled next time I'm in Tesco, which is rare I must say. Can't go wrong with these moto g/e mobiles. Such great phones for the money. And with all new phones and technology alike, I'm starting to think they have a built in shelf life (fail) of around 18 month, so I'll be damned if I'm splashing out hundreds of pounds for the latest gadget.
    Last edited by oiljam; 23rd December 2014 at 09:20.