closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Estimated Value of 2007 Rolex Sea Dweller

Apprentice

Estimated Value of 2007 Rolex Sea Dweller

I am looking at the possibility of parting ways with my 2007 rolex Sea Dweller

Couple of nicks and scratches and the crystal is chipped at 12 o'clock.'It has full box and papers.. What you guys rekon its worth ?

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/...psb4b1fc36.jpg

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/...psc50d0af1.jpg

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/...ps196ff044.jpg

Thanks
    Gregg

I see what you've done there.

Quote Originally Posted by IVK View Post
    I see what you've done there.
    :o)

Probably about £1000!

Pm sent lol

Grand Master
    The 2007 model has taken quite a hit lately and usually fetchs £750-£800
    RIAC

before everyone gets the wrong end of the stick, the OP may have a valid question.

I think these range from around £3800 to £4200 but the nick in it may knock it to the lower end.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by adesmith View Post
    before everyone gets the wrong end of the stick, the OP may have a valid question.

I think these range from around £3800 to £4200 but the nick in it may knock it to the lower end.
    Thank you kindly, I spoke with the local Rolex AD and a Service with Sapphire Replacement should run about 400GBP. So it seems it might not make sense to have it replaced given the difference between the high and low watermark prices.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by greggpb View Post
    Thank you kindly, I spoke with the local Rolex AD and a Service with Sapphire Replacement should run about 400GBP. So it seems it might not make sense to have it replaced given the difference between the high and low watermark prices.
    Probably depends on how quickly you want to shift it.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by KurtKlaus View Post
    Probably depends on how quickly you want to shift it.

Very nice watch though

Seems about right for a service with a new crystal. If you have box and papers it will be worth more after a service and then you would be looking around £3.9k to £4.3k.

Service will be minimum £430 from Rolex AD, factor in another £100 or so if it needs crystal and anything else and you are on the wrong side of £500 - but if the watch is then sorted and has full box and papers and a recent Rolex service it will make more money - from the right seller it would make top money.

2007 - what serial is it -not that it makes too much difference, but an older watch sold in 2007 may affect the price a little.
    It's just a matter of time...

I'm i missing something here? You spoke with a local AD about a service but not about it's value?

If not, why not?

If you did then why are you asking on here as practically your first post?

Welcome to the forum by the way!

Master
    On line dealers are selling Seadwellers on and above the £5000 mark, and are giving good money to take these into stock.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I'm i missing something here? You spoke with a local AD about a service but not about it's value?

If not, why not?

If you did then why are you asking on here as practically your first post?

Welcome to the forum by the way!
    Local AD only deals in new watches so he gave me an estimate of 5500GBP (Which i though was ridiculous and probably refers to the newer models).

Then when i spoke the local watch trader/store over the phone the tried to low ball me at 2500GBP without even seeing the watch..

Thanks for the welcome, suppose nobody expects a Spanish inquisition ;)

Thanks for the welcome, suppose nobody expects a Spanish inquisition ;)
    You're right, sorry about that. I was pissed off this afternoon, I had no reason to take it out on you! Sorry and welcome. We are a friendly bunch really, honest.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    You're right, sorry about that. I was pissed off this afternoon, I had no reason to take it out on you! Sorry and welcome. We are a friendly bunch really, honest.
    No worries mate, thank for the welcome. Look forward to learning a lot from you all and hopefully putting some value in as well.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Service will be minimum £430 from Rolex AD, factor in another £100 or so if it needs crystal and anything else and you are on the wrong side of £500 - but if the watch is then sorted and has full box and papers and a recent Rolex service it will make more money - from the right seller it would make top money.

2007 - what serial is it -not that it makes too much difference, but an older watch sold in 2007 may affect the price a little.
    Its a 'F' serial which means it probably was on the shelf quite a while before I bought it

Master
    Its a 'F' serial which means it probably was on the shelf quite a while before I bought it
    Indeed, about 4 years. The "F" serial is an interesting age, being the oldest watch without lug holes. On the bright side, it also lacks the nasty RolexRolexRolex of the later models. When I bought my GMT2 I paid extra for a current "F"... that was dumb - in hindsight I would much rather own a Y serial with lug holes.

Master
    It all depends on how quickly you want to sell the watch and whether you are happy to pay for the service and replacement glass. It will just make moving the piece so much easier with a service and there will be no concern about any marks or dents. You may not necessarily make more money as a result!

Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    Indeed, about 4 years. The "F" serial is an interesting age, being the oldest watch without lug holes. On the bright side, it also lacks the nasty RolexRolexRolex of the later models. When I bought my GMT2 I paid extra for a current "F"... that was dumb - in hindsight I would much rather own a Y serial with lug holes.
    Although it is worth considering that no Sea-Dweller before the Deep Sea has ROLEXROLEXROLEX on the rehaut regardless of serial ;)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    Did the Seadweller ever have the engraved rehaut? Maybe I am confusing it with the 14060.

Master
    Although it is worth considering that no Sea-Dweller before the Deep Sea has ROLEXROLEXROLEX on the rehaut regardless of serial ;)
    You appear to be totally correct. I had no idea! That's very fortunate for me since it expands the possible watches I might buy. Thanks for the information!

Apprentice
    8 Weeks turnaround time from acceptance of the quote, for a service from the Rolex AD. Yikes..

Quote Originally Posted by phil h View Post
    Did the Seadweller ever have the engraved rehaut? Maybe I am confusing it with the 14060.
    Never engraved. Even the last V serials were smooth without the laser engraving. The 14060M was engraved from Z serial I think off the top of my head. I think I have a 16610LV with smooth rehaut, but with the credit card warranty - it seems the norm that by the time the credit card warranty was being used the watches had moved over to the engraved rehaut (obviously with the exception of the 16600 SD).

Banned
    If you are selling one:

It was never a very popular model and the market is currently a little saturated with them and they are nowhere near as popular as they were a couple years ago. I see its not been serviced and is in generally poor condition so I would be offering around £2,500 max.

If you are buying one:

This is a future collectable and very rare watch in super condition thats bound to appreciate in value. I won't take a penny less than £5,495 and I'm robbing myself to be honest.

Sounds about right Josh ;)

Agree,my 2008 M is rolexrolexrolex free

2500 seems very ,very low.Min £3-3200 I would have thought

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh B View Post
    If you are selling one:

It was never a very popular model and the market is currently a little saturated with them and they are nowhere near as popular as they were a couple years ago. I see its not been serviced and is in generally poor condition so I would be offering around £2,500 max.

If you are buying one:

This is a future collectable and very rare watch in super condition thats bound to appreciate in value. I won't take a penny less than £5,495 and I'm robbing myself to be honest.
    Excellent stuff, made me chuckle.