closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Poor Doggie !

Poor Doggie !

And a bit pee'd off with the lampshade ! He's a year old and just been neutered. Still a bit groggy from the op. The protective collar has to stay on for five days but he's getting used to it. Hopefully it will stop him trying to sh*g everything in sight.

We had ours done around the 12 month mark.Give it a couple of days and he will be back to his usual self.Our Lab calmed down a bit but it hasn't stopped the humping.Girls get it and he will also try it with boys.Its a dominance thing allegedly.

I know I shouldn't, but I can't help laughing when I see a poor mutt wearing one of those things.

Gotta feel for the poor fella though.

That lampshade will knock over ANYTHING in its path. Still haven't replaced everything from our last lampshade incident!!!

Yes, it's bloody uncomfortable when he whacks you on the legs with it. He's broken it already. Need to get another from the vet tomorrow.

We got our Springer done last week. The cone the vets gave lasted about 15 minutes. He got it off while we were out of the room and chewed it to bits. We got a more substantial one from Pets at Home. But again, he's too damn clever and can easily get that one off! So we just have to watch him and pull his head away from what's left down there.

Ah, the cone of shame!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R58kSuIhURI

If you get them chopped a little younger, does it stop the humping urge? We have a bitch, so do not have that problem.

Have to laugh....our's just got out of his "cone of shame". I swear he was giving me dirty looks.

Quote Originally Posted by quoll View Post
    Ah, the cone of shame!

If you get them chopped a little younger, does it stop the humping urge? We have a bitch, so do not have that problem.
    You'll have a bigger problem if she meets a non neutered dog! As for the humping, I'm not sure. Time will tell. Always had bitches up till now. They all got speyed . I'm a firm believer in it unless you intend to breed.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by quoll View Post
    Ah, the cone of shame!

Ours were done very young (seems to be the norm in Aus). They still "go through the motions".

Quote Originally Posted by Bibbs View Post
    Ours were done very young (seems to be the norm in Aus). They still "go through the motions".
    Hey Bibbs. What kind of dogs ya got down there. Any Blue Heelers? Nice part of the world. Brother used to live Freemantle.

Yeah, the good ol' lampshade or inverted umbrella look. They are not fans of that. Personally, I'd object more the the ball-loosing action than the lampshade, though... :-)

Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik Gelardi View Post
    Yeah, the good ol' lampshade or inverted umbrella look. They are not fans of that. Personally, I'd object more the the ball-loosing action than the lampshade, though... :-)

Bless :)
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

When our old Lab was done, he wore the cone and delighted in running around the field and scooping grass and stuff in, which was all well and good until Saturday morning when he discovered that some young towny (may not have been young, may not have been a towny, but go with it) had used the field for a short-cut and regurgitated his kebab along the way. It was scooped into the cone and transported home before we could do anything about it - not a happy dog :)

I havent seen a dog in a cone for years! Assumed someone had come up with a better method ;)