closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Blue leather strap + office attire = no-no ?

Blue leather strap + office attire = no-no ?

What are your thoughts on this ? Would wearing a watch, that happens to be very well suited to a blue-ish croc strap, to the office, be considered "acceptable" from the office-attire point of view? It's not any kind of vivid blue but somewhat "dull" blue, with creamy/white stitching that matches the dial. Of course, matching it with a blue tie/shirt would be a given :D

I have a blue dialed Tag Aquaracer chrono that I wear to the office on a blue croc leather with blue stitch.

To be honest, if someone moans tell them to do one, presumably you're good at your job and that's what counts surely. You tend to find those that have something to say have little better to do with their time.

Is this some strange parallel universe where TZ has morphed into TRF?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Is this some strange parallel universe where TZ has morphed into TRF?
    Are Rolex owners plagued by the same dilemmas ? :D

Quote Originally Posted by Dan83bz View Post
    Are Rolex owners plagued by the same dilemmas ? :D
    Yes, see recent 'wedding' thread.

What are your thoughts on this ? Would wearing a watch, that happens to be very well suited to a blue-ish croc strap, to the office, be considered "acceptable" from the office-attire point of view? It's not any kind of vivid blue but somewhat "dull" blue, with creamy/white stitching that matches the dial. Of course, matching it with a blue tie/shirt would be a given :D
    I suppose it depends if your boss is an arse or not?

Does he make you ask for permission to go to the toilet? If not, you'll probably be fine

M.

PS If he does, get yourself over to a job site!
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Banned
    I once had a chap who had the dashed temerity to wear a pair of black brogues to the office. I suggested that perhaps the casual look might be more suited to the job centre than a place of business and fired him on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh B View Post
    I once had a chap who had the dashed temerity to wear a pair of black brogues to the office. I suggested that perhaps the casual look might be more suited to the job centre than a place of business and fired him on the spot.
    So Josh...the question is, what if he was wearing a blue-strapped watch ? :D

Say....something like this ?

Did you punch him all the way out of the building and burn any of his belongings he had the nerve to leave behind.

Banned
    The above mentioned is clearly a sports watch. He would not have made it into the building wearing that.

as to his departure, security deals with that sort of thing.

Master
    You're worried about a blue strap? Variety is the spice of life. If someone judges you on that, they've got too much time on their hands!

The above mentioned is clearly a sports watch. He would not have made it into the building wearing that.
    :lol: :lol: :lol: Had a laugh this morning :), almost spilt the coffee on the computer....

I was just thinking of my own bosses....I actually do wear mainly dress watches to work except the occasional trip with the Orient Star or the Bulova. I'm laughing because the heads of my department are notorious for their sports watches, what with one rolling his Rolex Sub or Deepsea or his Panerai on rotation and the big hoo-haa in our office is even worse, he wears huge ones, such as a Hublot.

Should I give them the news that they're fired due to their lack of office manners ? :D

Nothing wrong with that BM. As for it being suitable attire for the office, I guess it would depend on whether your boss or bosses judged it as being demonstrative of them paying you too much and hence becoming a problem at pay review time!

Even if it was truly garish, it can't be that bad ... can it?

Craftsman
    blue is acceptable. whats not acceptable are shocking bright colors like neon green or light purple.

Apprentice
    WTF!!

You could probably get away with blue but the stitching might be the deal breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by jedmtb View Post
    WTF!!
    Got something to share with us or do you only speak "profanity" ?

Dan, I'm trying to work out if your original posted question is really a wind up, or if you're actually being serious....

Why on earth would a decent watch on a good blue leather strap ever be an issue in the office?

I work in offices (the City, international businesses etc etc) all the time as a trainer and consultant. My 'best' watch is a Breitling Superocean Steelfish on a dark blue alligator strap with contrast stitching. As far as I know it's never counted against me or cost me any business!

The closest I own to a dress watch at the moment (or at any time in fact, since I'm addicted to dive watches) is a Steinhart Marine Chronometer II - and guess what? Yep, it's on a bright blue alligator strap. Draws lots of attention - all of it good.

Life's too short to worry...

Simon