closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreadnought GMT

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    I think it would only be fair to offer the Dread GMT to existing owners of a Dreadnought and let the rest fight it out lol.And so on that please email me Eddie when you are ready to ship out,you have my address from the Rhino I bought recently.You could even have a double box made for us Dreadnoughtees so they can live together happily ever after ahhhh.
    You'll be lucky, there's only a dozen or so numbers left now.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post

Eddie
    Ok, please put me down for just 1 of the dozen or so that you say ''ARE'' left,I'm not greedy 1 is plenty,where do I need to send the deposit Eddie?.

I think it would only be fair to offer the Dread GMT to the ORIGINAL and STILL owners of a Dreadnought and let the rest fight it out lol.And so on that please email me Eddie when you are ready to ship out,you have my address from the Rhino I bought recently.You could even have a double box made for us Dreadnoughtees so they can live together happily ever after ahhhh.
    Fixed that for you.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jr View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    Ok, lets take it to the next level and not give the option to buy to those that have jumped ship and sold their Dreadnoughts on hey lol,it's getting better all the time.

Just read the comment by Eddie that there are only a few numbers left......in view of this I would like to put my name down for one of the last dozen please (any number will do, although 44 would be good as it would match with my Blue PRS3LE or 124 as that would match my PRS 50 B). If a deposit is required please let me know, I have a couple of Precista's but have never put my name down on a waiting list before to buy one!

yes!

i'd have one. Turned down the original... and regretted it.

Eddie

Is there a reservation list then? I didn't think that was your bag, Eddie? If i've not missed the boat already, I'd like in please!

Quote Originally Posted by 97BlackC5 View Post
    Just read the comment by Eddie that there are only a few numbers left......in view of this I would like to put my name down for one of the last dozen please (any number will do, although 44 would be good as it would match with my Blue PRS3LE or 124 as that would match my PRS 50 B). If a deposit is required please let me know, I have a couple of Precista's but have never put my name down on a waiting list before to buy one!

This is possibly the funniest post I've read on this forum! (apologies to DelBoy).
    F.T.F.A.

I notice the drawing indicates a 20 ATM WR, although Eddie has maintained it's 30 ATM or 300m.

I assume this is an oversight on the drawing title box, but it may be worth checking that there isn't an expectation gap.......

Dave

I guess I too didn't realise there was a list operating already.

Impressed with the increased visible dial area and the relative slimness of this piece.

Also hadn't realised there was a list already in place. Having said that - it's been on the drawing board for six years, so plenty of time for people to have expressed an interest.
    Last edited by Broussard; 8th September 2012 at 13:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Broussard View Post

Also hadn't realised there was a list already in place.
    I assume it's an Eddie tease.

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    Quite possible as the PRS30 appears to be higher up on the list of watches to be produced.

Blog Entries
    It's going to be 3mm thinner
    Seems like it's going to be surprisingly (pleasantly) thin for a GMT diver. The drawings you attached don't show the case back but the case itself will be under 10mm thick, I see.

300 metres w/r.
    Just to confirm, is it 200m or 300m? I see that the drawings show "20ATM".

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Seems like it's going to be surprisingly (pleasantly) thin for a GMT diver. The drawings you attached don't show the case back but the case itself will be under 10mm thick, I see.

Just to confirm, is it 200m or 300m? I see that the drawings show "20ATM".
    I spoke with Kemmner in the week and he said it was fit for 500 metres so I told him to uprate it to 300 metres on the back. The original DN was fit for 1000 metres, Kenzo used the same case without changes and marketed his "Nautilus" as 1000 metres.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Blog Entries
    I spoke with Kemmner in the week and he said it was fit for 500 metres so I told him to uprate it to 300 metres on the back. The original DN was fit for 1000 metres, Kenzo used the same case without changes and marketed his "Nautilus" as 1000 metres.

Eddie
    Very interesting, thanks. Good to know you specify a healthy margin for WR. :-)

Ok, lets take it to the next level and not give the option to buy to those that have jumped ship and sold their Dreadnoughts on hey lol,it's getting better all the time.
    I have been waiting 10 years for the DN GMT. We started talking about it shortly after the DNs arrived.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jr View Post
    I have been waiting 10 years for the DN GMT. We started talking about it shortly after the DNs arrived.
    Hell if you don't get one you will be gutted hey.

Dreadnought GMT

Dreadnought GMT, Speedbirds, just too many nice watches from TF. I'd definitely be up for the Dreadnought GMT - particularly because it looks nice and thin. I wonder about the 53mm lug to lug length though, seems a little long.

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    Think I'm late. Put me on the waiting list.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post
    Think I'm late. Put me on the waiting list.

If there is a waiting list, please can i go on it too!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jrpippen View Post
    If there is a waiting list, please can i go on it too!
    Me three :-)

Just a quick thanks to the big cheese for my reservation confirmation I recieved today, its like having a second birthday.
    Cheers

Simon

Ralph Waldo Emerson: We ask for long life, but 'tis deep life, or noble moments that signify. Let the measure of time be spiritual, not mechanical.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WORKSIMON View Post
    Just a quick thanks to the big cheese for my reservation confirmation I recieved today, its like having a second birthday.
    +1 from me, sometimes a quick call makes the world of difference!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    +1 from me, sometimes a quick call makes the world of difference!!!!
    Who's have though it, waiting all this time for the oppertunity to get one and all it took was a modest case of Chateau Nuf De Pap sent into the TF design studio to secure 12/20 to commemorate the Olympics. ;)
    Last edited by Elwood; 11th September 2012 at 21:31.

Dreadnought GMT

Now I'm totally confused!... Humour aside, is there some type of order process or not?

Quote Originally Posted by occamsrazor View Post
    Now I'm totally confused!... Humour aside, is there some type of order process or not?
    Their winding you up don't bite

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    Their winding you up don't bite

I'm not winding anyone up, here's the pm........

Quote Originally Posted by swanborne
    Hi Simonus,

Just wanted to check you got your GMT confirmation email ?

Cheers

Eduardo
    Cheers

Simon

Ralph Waldo Emerson: We ask for long life, but 'tis deep life, or noble moments that signify. Let the measure of time be spiritual, not mechanical.

Ha ha, that's you off the list then.

Eddie

Grand Master
    Simon you made 1 mistake in trying to have us believe Eddie emailed you.That mistake was the letter ''U'' you failed to type into your fake email from Eddie lol.Eddie would know the correct spelling of ''Swanbourne''.That aside,I did actually get my invoice for the down payment of £300 and the remaining balance of £150 owed prior to Eddie posting out in October,just in time for my Birthday on the 9th Oct.

Thanks Eddie

Rgds

Paul

ps:-Loving Dreadnought No 131.
    Last edited by P9CLY; 12th September 2012 at 11:11.

Simon you made 1 mistake in trying to have us believe Eddie emailed you.That mistake was the letter ''U'' you failed to type into your fake email from Eddie lol.Eddie would know the correct spelling of ''Swanbourne''.That aside,I did actually get my invoice for the down payment of £300 and the remaining balance of £150 owed prior to Eddie posting out in October,just in time for my Birthday on the 9th Oct.

Thanks Eddie

Rgds

Paul

ps:-Loving Dreadnought No 131.
    Paul you missed the point I'm afraid mate, the swanborne account is the exclusive members only account that Eduardo uses to contact the more exclusive members shall we say for advanced discussions on designs, forum decisions and deciding who will make the list. The account is so secret that it does not show up on the members list but if you are ever lucky enough to get a PM from it you will know as they are in pink.
    Cheers

Simon

Grand Master
    Paul you missed the point I'm afraid mate, the swanborne account is the exclusive members only account that Eduardo uses to contact the more exclusive members shall we say for advanced discussions on designs, forum decisions and deciding who will make the list. The account is so secret that it does not show up on the members list but if you are ever lucky enough to get a PM from it you will know as they are in pink.
    That confirms we are both on the same ''pink PM'' list drawn up by Eddie.And Infact Eddie has also told me {you will know this too as per the pink PM's}that this shade of pink will also be used for the dial colour on the forthcoming Dreadnought GMT.Eddie did say he considered Orange as done by many ie Doxa/Seiko/Zeno etc etc and this was his breakaway from the use of the colour orange.Secret on site testing with various divers has been carried out and this colour has proven to give maximum legibility at any depth.
    Last edited by P9CLY; 12th September 2012 at 13:56.

Craftsman
    After over 12 months with no new watch acquisitions this will scatch a huge itch and I'll take any number going!

Craftsman

Eddie
    Actually, Kazim marked the Nautilus 500m on the dial and 100atm on the case back. That probably translates to approx. 750m ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by JHM View Post
    Actually, Kazim marked the Nautilus 500m on the dial and 100atm on the case back. That probably translates to approx. 750m ;-)
    The term "atm" means "atmosphere" It's a term used to measure pressure. One atmosphere is the atmospheric air pressure at sea level.
    On a watch it is a measure of water resistance. Under water the pressure increases by one atmosphere for every 10 metres of depth. So "10 atm" on a watch means it is water resistant to 100 metres. "30 atm" is water resistant to 300 metres.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmospheric_pressure

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_...#ixzz26HEZEeR4
    I reckon that makes 100atm = 1000 metres.

Eddie

I reckon that makes 100atm = 1000 metres.

Eddie
    Well, yes and no. It would mean you could lower the watch into 1,000 meters of water, but you couldn't dive there as that includes moving the arm back and forth which results in additional pressure. A 3atm watch might be water resistant up to 30 meters, but it could actually let water in when worn under the shower as the water drops descend down on the watch with a pressure of above 3 atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Well, yes and no. It would mean you could lower the watch into 1,000 meters of water, but you couldn't dive there as that includes moving the arm back and forth which results in additional pressure. A 3atm watch might be water resistant up to 30 meters, but it could actually let water in when worn under the shower as the water drops descend down on the watch with a pressure of above 3 atm.
    Putting aside the fact no-one could dive at 1,000 metres, how much additional pressure do you think moving your arm back and forth would generate in water (irrespective of the depth)?

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Putting aside the fact no-one could dive at 1,000 metres, how much additional pressure do you think moving your arm back and forth would generate in water (irrespective of the depth)?

R
    Well said.
    Velocity pressure in water is an almost negligible increase once you are immersed at over 10-15m. Divers do not move quickly anyway, and the additional velocity pressure for up to 2m/s of water (the rough the limit of human-powered movement) is 4/5ths of diddly squat. 2000 Pascals to be precise, that is 0.02 of an atmosphere. Wooohoooo.

Of course, on surface (or even dry land), with things like pressure washers, terrible weather and so forth, water can attain significantly higher velocities (and therefore velocity pressure). But, there is no background pressure to add on to it, so waterproofing is easily maintained.

Needing 200m or 20Atm WR as a minimum for recreational diving (to say 30m) is total baloney, it is a marketing myth made up and maintained by the whole industry.

D

Glad you guys posted that rebuttal (again). It's one of those random bits of watch lore that just won't die...

Eddie, have I been premature in selling one of my kidneys? Don't think I can get it back now.

Master
    Don't worry the kidney's gone to a good home. It'll be ready for flipping as soon as the Dreadnought's ready so you can get it back then if you still want it ;-)

Craftsman
    So, just to be updated, there is any list to get it?
    If so and it is possible I would like to be in.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Monet View Post
    There is no list.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Monet View Post
    First come first served - As is Eddies way

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    It's 44mm excluding lugs & crown guards.

Edit: same as the original DN.
    Usually, I lurk and read on the laptop but this is the time to I have to type this: " I like to be part of the DN GMT list ". 44mm is a great size for Dreadnought ! Pls Eddie, kindly put me on the list and I will wait patiently for the final product of yours !

Call me old fashioned , but I like to read through a thread before posting in it.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Call me old fashioned , but I like to read through a thread before posting in it.
    Yeah Magirus, I briefly look thru' the 4 pages and understand that there aren't any list. My earlier post is filled with enthusiasm on the Dreadnought GMT. I've to admit that I can't think well now.

Craftsman
    Glasgow, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thattallchap View Post
    First come first served - As is Eddies way
    Lets just hope the website and system of payment can keep up this time.
    PRS-17C I'm talking about you.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Well said.
    Velocity pressure in water is an almost negligible increase once you are immersed at over 10-15m. Divers do not move quickly anyway, and the additional velocity pressure for up to 2m/s of water (the rough the limit of human-powered movement) is 4/5ths of diddly squat. 2000 Pascals to be precise, that is 0.02 of an atmosphere. Wooohoooo.

Of course, on surface (or even dry land), with things like pressure washers, terrible weather and so forth, water can attain significantly higher velocities (and therefore velocity pressure). But, there is no background pressure to add on to it, so waterproofing is easily maintained.

Needing 200m or 20Atm WR as a minimum for recreational diving (to say 30m) is total baloney, it is a marketing myth made up and maintained by the whole industry.

D
    As a relative noob on here I just found this thread and a) Yes, I'd also love a Dreadnought, who in their right mind would not want one? b) Maybe I should stop using the Karcher to clean my watches, no wonder they all end up rusty!

Apprentice
    Just stunning and sure to be another classic, cant wait too take my chance at getting one.

Apprentice
    Are we there yet..