closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Expendables 2 - Panerai content

Expendables 2 - Panerai content

Watched Expendables 2 last night, which was cheesier than cheese by the way and noticed loads of the main characters seemed to be wearing the same big Panerai.

A quick google brought up this..

http://www.watch-id.com/film/the-expendables-2.html

Seems like they were wearing the Panerai Luminor Submersible 1950 3 Days Automatic Bronzo, a Luminor Special Edition (limited to 1000 pieces) with bronze case, date and one subdial.

Funny how product placement makes you end up thinking about a brand throughout and beyond a movie!! My Mrs was oblivious to the watches though :o)

Quote Originally Posted by adesmith View Post
    Watched Expendables 2 last night, which was cheesier than cheese by the way and noticed loads of the main characters seemed to be wearing the same big Panerai.

A quick google brought up this..

http://www.watch-id.com/film/the-expendables-2.html

Seems like they were wearing the Panerai Luminor Submersible 1950 3 Days Automatic Bronzo, a Luminor Special Edition (limited to 1000 pieces) with bronze case, date and one subdial.

Funny how product placement makes you end up thinking about a brand throughout and beyond a movie!! My Mrs was oblivious to the watches though :o)

cheesier than cheese but still watchable?

Craftsman
    I think I read somewhere that Panerai didn't have anything to do with it. Stallone just likes PAMs. Although not sure if this is strictly true.

Quote Originally Posted by uaireadoir View Post
    cheesier than cheese but still watchable?
    Yes it was a good old action flick with the added benefit of JLVD and Chuck Norris this time. Plus Arnie had a bigger part but they are all starting to look old now.

Quote Originally Posted by mushk1n View Post
    I think I read somewhere that Panerai didn't have anything to do with it. Stallone just likes PAMs. Although not sure if this is strictly true.
    Well they all pretty much wear the same watch..

I'd say that was true, in the same way that Sly approached them for the Luminors for Daylight.

I was going to start the same thread this morning as I too watched it last night and saw the bog boys all flashing their PAM's...

I tried to catch what Norris was wearing, it was a digital of some description.

Oh yes, and it was, without question, the best film ever made... Fact...

:o)

Quote Originally Posted by adesmith View Post
    Yes it was a good old action flick with the added benefit of JLVD and Chuck Norris this time. Plus Arnie had a bigger part but they are all starting to look old now.
    cool, may give it a look over the weekend

Craftsman
    Sly had a great big Pam in the last Rambo movie as well. I think that must be the link.

and in Daylight..

quick google shows he's a brand ambassador

Banned
    Stallone was pretty instrumental in turning Panerais fortunes around so im pretty sure he doesnt need to push too hard to get a few watches from them.

Quote Originally Posted by uaireadoir View Post

quick google shows he's a brand ambassador

Really? As i have seen him in pictures not wearing any PAM so although i knew he was a big enthusiast i never knew anything about ambassador status, is this a fairly recent then?

Banned
    You will see pics of him wearing Rolex, u boat and even Jacob as well as numerous Pams. Clearly a guy who loves watches but, rather refreshingly, doesnt take them too seriously to have a bit of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatchman View Post
    Really? As i have seen him in pictures not wearing any PAM so although i knew he was a big enthusiast i never knew anything about ambassador status, is this a fairly recent then?

http://www.coolwristwatches.net/2010...ster-stallone/
    It was stated here but it would appear not

I'm pretty sure he had one on in the last Rambo film too

Hi bye the way, my first noob post.

Pete.
    Last edited by Zephyr; 17th August 2012 at 14:24.

Banned
    Hes, Rambo did eventually upgrade to a Pam from the earlier Chronosport UDTs.

Welcome aboard Pete!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh B View Post
    Hes, Rambo did eventually upgrade to a Pam from the earlier Chronosport UDTs.

Welcome aboard Pete!

Thanks mate great to be here

Master
    So does Jason Statham - he wore them in the Transporter movies IIRC. I haven't seen the film yet - it is released here tonight - a group of friends and I are off to see it and The Bourne Legacy for a boys afternoon next week

Master
    now i know where most of the 382s went...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrBond View Post
    So does Jason Statham - he wore them in the Transporter movies IIRC. I haven't seen the film yet - it is released here tonight - a group of friends and I are off to see it and The Bourne Legacy for a boys afternoon next week
    Yes, with that exclusive alarm complication...

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    sly and statham both wear pams IRL.
    id like to wear statham IRL

Craftsman
    He's got a Bremont MBII too - http://www.alt1tude.com/forum/t216/ he man likes his watches.

Will check the film out at some point, as I enjoyed the first though found it frustrating that whilst the majority of the cast realised it was a cheesy homage to the 80s Sly kept trying to play it as a serious film.

Finland...next to a lake...somewhere in the forest.
    It would be interesting to see a story where Sly reveals his personal collection. No question it would be bigger than my 4 watch rotation ........

I spotted Sly and Statham but how many of you got these?

http://www.paneraisource.com/ambassadors.shtml