closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SMP rubber strap option questions

SMP rubber strap option questions

Does anyone out there have an SMP fitted with the 98000085 Omega Rubber Strap?

I am looking for information on how well it would fit a 19-19.5cm wrist.......i.e., is the buckle centred? Are there adjustment holes left? Photo's would be great!

Any mainly, I guess, do you feel it's worth the money? It's seems 'eye-wateringly' expensive as far as rubber straps go!

Thanks in advance :-)

Master
    Blog Entries
    It's early and my strap is in a box upstairs. Is this the Isofrane-ish 2 piece with many wide rectangular holes? If so, it fits a dream on my 8" wrist on the sword-hand SMP GMT model. Certainly have enough extra holes to fit around a jacket cuff so you'll be fine for daily wear.

Used to cost £100+£10 for the buckle, understand that has shot up but it does fit the case well and is wearing well since buying in 2012 and getting frequency use.

Can't comment on how it will be centred, sorry.

Master
    There's actually one on ebay for 200+£ and that's even without a buckle... I think if You go to OB it will be cheaper than that... I tend to measure my wrist by Inches and since mine is only 6.5inches. I'm just one more slot to the smallest area. With 10 slots in total, there's definitely plenty of room for bigger size wrist.

7.5inch wrist - plenty of adjustment left.

There is no denying it's a fabulous strap, and on a 2254/2264 or the Black Bond SMP/SMPc, I don't think there is a better alternative, anywhere. But, when I bought mine, they retailed at £110, and that was good value for an OEM strap. Now as they head towards the £200 mark it's getting a bit silly.

Breitling Rubber has stuck at the £110 mark, and RubberB's are of a better quality at the £180 mark.

Overall though, there is no better match for the SMP. Value for money is down to opinion

I've been thinking about the Hirsch Pure for mine. Looks good in the images I've seen and a fraction of the OEM price.

Thanks for the advice and the photos. I think the Omega strap is the one for me.....even though it's a crazy price :-(

I bought the rubber strap for a PO [similar] last year direct from an Omega Boutique with buckle and spring bars for £140, the "wholesalers" seem to charge a lot more, I would call Southampton for a price....

Nigel, it might be worth a WTB, I picked up my 98000085 from here and made quite a saving.

It is an excellent strap; exceedingly good fit to the watch case and not a dust magnet. It will fit your wrist size perfectly with plenty of adjustment either way.

An excellent addition for the 2234.50 and will keep the bracelet tidy.

Quote Originally Posted by RossC View Post

That's all the encouragement I need to go and dig mine out.

Thanks Colin :-)

Craftsman
    I must say that strap looks very good for a black SMP, thanks for the info.

The price on cousins, after VAT and delivery is: £242. Would be interested what price an Omega Boutique would quote.

Master
    I heard that Omega offers this for Under 200£ but not so sure what's the exact price currently.

Today's update..........

Just ordered the rubber strap 98000085 including buckle 9451-2012 via my local AD and delivered to them from Omega UK.

£145 all in. Sorted :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Today's update..........

Just ordered the rubber strap 98000085 including buckle 9451-2012 via my local AD and delivered to them from Omega UK.

£145 all in. Sorted :-)
    Nicely done, slightly less painful than I thought price wise.

Enjoy it!

Master
    Great price at a great strap... Enjoy it Matey... You'll never regret getting one...

I think the Omega PO strap will fit the smp.

Quote Originally Posted by stefaniu View Post
    I think the Omega PO strap will fit the smp.
    Only with thinner diameter spring bars, and a struggle with the strap changing tool.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RossC View Post
    Only with thinner diameter spring bars, and a struggle with the strap changing tool.
    What SMP do You have Mate? With my GMT 2234 it's not easy installing without Me bending the bars, decided to let Omega handle it for Me and I can say that it was really snog fit... With 2254 it's dead easy, only took me a minute to install the strap without any force. By the way, I'm referring to what the OP ask...
    Last edited by mjoranga; 7th February 2016 at 11:34.

Quote Originally Posted by mjoranga View Post
    What SMP do You have Mate? With my GMT 2234 it's not easy installing without Me bending the bars, decided to let Omega handle it for Me and I can say that it was really snog fit... With 2254 it's dead easy, only took me a minute to install the strap without any force. By the way, I'm referring to what the OP ask...
    I've owned most 3 hander variants in the past. The SMP strap fits the lugs perfectly with the 1.8mm diameter bars. I can't comment on the GMT's but my understanding was that the case is the same.

If we're talking about the PO strap, they normally have longer lugs, so it will fit, but only with the use of smaller diameter or curved spring bars.

Master
    Mouse wrote ; " Just ordered the rubber strap 98000085 including buckle 9451-2012 via my local AD and delivered to them from Omega UK.

£145 all in. Sorted :-) "

thanks for posting the part numbers for this strap & buckle.. I ordered one from Ernest Jones in Kingston and was charged £131 all in. Looks great & v comfortable !

Mouse wrote ; " Just ordered the rubber strap 98000085 including buckle 9451-2012 via my local AD and delivered to them from Omega UK.

£145 all in. Sorted :-) "

thanks for posting the part numbers for this strap & buckle.. I ordered one from Ernest Jones in Kingston and was charged £131 all in. Looks great & v comfortable !

My assistance will cost £14 ............ invoice on its way to you ;-)