closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Inflatable tents

Journeyman

Inflatable tents

Previously we've been using a Vango Orchy 4 man tent with fiberglass poles which was great but the family has outgrown it now. Ive recently been looking at the Vango Evoque http://www.vango.co.uk/gb/vango-airb...voque-600.html
    Just wandering if anyone has any experience with inflatable tents? looking for a 6 man, with good size living area.
    Its a lot more than i would usually spend on a tent so any suggestions or experiences, good or bad, would be appreciated.

Blog Entries
    hi, wow! thats a lot of money for novelty of inflating, you could buy a very good pre owned trailer tent for that price with change. if your kids are old enough to sleep in a separate tent thats another option, i found mine loved it.
    for a family area you could buy a gazebo as a family communal/eating area.
    http://www.garden-camping.com/produc...20Included/217

Karsten are the original and best but highly sort after and very heavy ( canvas , not nylon ). They're a bit like the de waard of the inflatable tent world.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Craftsman
    I've just spent a couple of nights in the Peak District in my oztent and what struck me is the length of time the others costs take to pitch up and pack away. Watched for an hour as one couple deflated and tried to pack their inflatable with the rest of their gear away, fortunately the rain held off for them until the afternoon. I have heard good reviews of them however.

As well as the oztent, I have a tentipi Safir 9. A brilliant tent with very good storm protection and can have a stove etc. I would say think what your requirements are and go from there. For me, speed to pitch up was important.

Both of the above may not suit your family but I prefer the idea of spending a night or 3 before moving back on, plus I will travel with it in colder climates where the tipi is in its element.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    hi, on the other hand, i saw one of these at a campsite, http://heimplanet.com/shop/en/the-cave.html bloody great, but probably not not enough room for you (buy 2!)
    or even better, http://heimplanet.com/shop/en/tents/nias.html
    Last edited by jimp; 8th July 2015 at 18:08.

Tentipis are the dogs

Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    hi, on the other hand, i saw one of these at a campsite, http://heimplanet.com/shop/en/the-cave.html bloody great, but probably not not enough room for you (buy 2!)
    or even better, http://heimplanet.com/shop/en/tents/nias.html
    You can get those on sport pursuit at 50% off when they stock them there

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    You can get those on sport pursuit at 50% off when they stock them there
    hi, will keep an eye out, fancy the smaller one.

Safir 7 CP here, perfect. In an ideal world I'd probably buy the inner tent for the female part of the family but amzing tent and amazing weather coping ability (withstood a proper storm with just the 8 pegs around, no guy line.

I don't know about tents, however I used to go out with a Dutch girl who wore inflatable shoes...

Master
    I have one, money well spent.. 8 man tent with 4 sleeping pods and a communal area up and done in 20 minuets, 25 with the awning. Plus side i didn't even once feel like driving a peg through the mrs head once while we where doing it!!!

They are pricey but with how easy they are to use, you will go camping a lot more than you would otherwise.

Check out Richard III Camping Supplies. I believe that now is the discount of their winter tents.

Okay, I'll stop now.

Craftsman
    I have an inflatable Vango awning on my van, easy to put up and take down on my own. I would recommend one.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Check out Richard III Camping Supplies. I believe that now is the discount of their winter tents.

I love you!

Okay, I'll stop now.

Took my Vango Exodus ( and side ext ) back after 3 uses.
    Was losing pressure from 2 of the beams, several zips went, and it just looked baggy when up, despite hours of guy rope adjustment.

Bought a Cabanon Guadalope for this year.

Goes up really quick, is well made and will hopefully last a long time.

We've got a Gelert Twister tent. Has the usual poles, but pops up out of the bag and you twist it back in, so a couple of mins to put up and down, and those couple of mins are just to peg it out.

You may want to look at one of these as an alternative to an inflatable tent if quick pitching and packing away is what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by keitht View Post
    Took my Vango Exodus ( and side ext ) back after 3 uses.
    Was losing pressure from 2 of the beams, several zips went, and it just looked baggy when up, despite hours of guy rope adjustment.

Bought a Cabanon Guadalope for this year.

Goes up really quick, is well made and will hopefully last a long time.
    Oh, Cabanon will last, they are superb quality tents.