closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Mad Dogs Finale

Mad Dogs Finale

Just watched the final 2 parter. What was that all about then?
    Brighty

Master
    I've watched them, and it was a waste of a couple of hours of my life. Very poor - there again, it was not really too good after the first series. Not really good use of some fine actors.

Series one was good, 2 OK, but after that I lost patience.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Me and Mrs Crazytrain struggled with the ending a bit too. Seemed a bit of a non ending really. Thought the might be some discussion on it on Twitter and quickly cane across an interpretation of the ending which Max Beasley had retweeted as 'bang on'. General gist was *spoiler alert*
    They were shot and killed on the beach and it was their souls leaving together (as they started all of it together) and following the road to hell / oblivion. Bax saw himself under the mask as they'd bought all of it onto themselves. Apparently the poster that kept cropping up translates as Road to Hell.
    A bit to arty for me personally. Oh and Bax shooting Carmen was a reference to the Opera where Carmen is shot by her love. Or something...
    Whatever, I think it went downhill after the first and second series, I think the writers dug themselves too deep...

Glad it wasn't just me, the wife and I watched it last night and agree. A waste of two hours of my life.

Series 1 excellent
    Series 2 ok but not great
    Series 3 rubbish
    Series 4 please no more!

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Series one was good, 2 OK, but after that I lost patience.

I felt the same. Tried to stay with it,but just started to get rather silly. It could've been so much better. Should of been just one series....

Craftsman
    Very disappointing. Loved the first series, but the subsequent ones got more & more whacky.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazytrain View Post
    Me and Mrs Crazytrain struggled with the ending a bit too. Seemed a bit of a non ending really. Thought the might be some discussion on it on Twitter and quickly cane across an interpretation of the ending which Max Beasley had retweeted as 'bang on'. General gist was *spoiler alert*
    They were shot and killed on the beach and it was their souls leaving together (as they started all of it together) and following the road to hell / oblivion. Bax saw himself under the mask as they'd bought all of it onto themselves. Apparently the poster that kept cropping up translates as Road to Hell.
    A bit to arty for me personally. Oh and Bax shooting Carmen was a reference to the Opera where Carmen is shot by her love. Or something...
    Whatever, I think it went downhill after the first and second series, I think the writers dug themselves too deep...
    Ah, yes - I suppose that makes more sense than anything else.

Edited to add that the extended series weren't that bad, IMO, and to be fair the first episodes were pretty fetched already. I thought it was very enjoyable (if slightly inconsistent) television from start to finish, and now I understand the thinking behind the ending at least i can make sense of it.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 31st December 2013 at 17:31.

I'm another in the "Series 1 was good, Series 2 wasn't and then it became worse" camp.

A waste of decent actors, and smacks of "Hey, we could be on to something here, let's milk it for all it's worth".
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Apprentice
    I've also seen the "crazy train" explanation of the ending and I guess it makes sense.

For me it was just disappointingly bland...

Speaking of weird endings and going slightly off-topic, is anyone a fan of life on mars and ashes to ashes, both with Philip Glenister and John Simm?

Journeyman
    Loved series 1 , should have ended it there though as got progressively worse. Series 2 watched just to see what happened to them in the end , series 3 was just dragging it out even more and got the finale recorded , not even sure if I can be bothered to watch it to be honest .
    Agree about the quality actors in it and that's probably why so many people tuned in and they decided to milk it by making more - similar to the US show lost , I watched to the end of the first series of that to see what happened , when they then said to be continued I felt ripped off and thought no way am I watching any more of this.
    Loved ashes to ashes , especially the red Quattro !

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by kenma View Post
    I've also seen the "crazy train" explanation of the ending and I guess it makes sense.

For me it was just disappointingly bland...

Speaking of weird endings and going slightly off-topic, is anyone a fan of life on mars and ashes to ashes, both with Philip Glenister and John Simm?
    Iv not seen the last installment of mad dogs and reading these posts im kinda wonderi g if I should bother.
    Yes I was a big fan of both life on mars and ashes to ashes. Ashes to ashes last episode hmmmm not the best.

Still loved the red quattro. Even as much as going out and buying a white one. Now since sold on .

Master
    Blog Entries
    Sort of glad to read this. I watched the pilot #1 program via a free Sky channel iirc but don't have (nor do i want) Sky on subscription. I was actually gifted Series 1-3 as a present last week and have watched them over Christmas getting ever more bemused by it all. Seemingly it wasn't just me and i have come to regarded it as a bit like 'Lost'. Ultimately no point to it at all and a very disappointing waste of bloody time after what looked like being rather good.

I suppose i will if i can see two more episodes if thats all there is to come, but i think i may watch some paint drying in the meantime.

The concensus here seems to be the first series was the best, then it went downhill. - Couldn't agree more.
    The last series was just ridiculous.

Yes, a big fan of Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes.

Craftsman
    Well ive jst watched this finale. And can quite honestly say what the heck was all that about!

It was very bad, the writers did not do a good job at all.

I agree with what's said above that they got shot on the beach and died but the writers did not want such a graphic ending so tried to make it more peaceful

But all in all terrible compared to the first series

Thought they were all crap, kept watching to see if it ever made sense. They last 2 didn't help, except to confirm my first, second and third thought.