closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Arrival: Movado Super Sub Sea 60's Vintage

New Arrival: Movado Super Sub Sea 60's Vintage

When I first saw it, I thought I was having flashbacks from spending too much time on the Heuerville and Heuerworld sites.

Despite the fact that I didn't know much about the watch and had just acquired my Autavia 73663 KAF the day before, I had to have it...it was love at first sight.

I did not care about the price, it just had to be mine....NOW

Unfortunately it had to be overhauled and I would not meet it again for 3+ painful months...

Finally it arrived yesterday and I am back in love.

Stewart has already done a wonderful write-up of his which I recommend you read as I am not as knowledgeable, but here are my initial thoughts:

-Mine is a slightly different version, with a Zenith-like paddle second had and polaris-like minute and hour hands.
    -The bezel is still jet black and the patina on the index and hands is a beautiful ocre colour that stands out against the abyss black dial.
    -The chrono hands are actually a navy blue that shines brightly when light hits them.
    -The crown is signed with the elegant old Movado logo, the caseback signature is very 60's science-fiction cool.
    -The crystal is a "bubble" type that sits proudly high above the bezel, and the case is nice and thick and about 41mm across.
    -I was also delighted to find a tiny movado logo etched into the center of the crystal.
    -I believe it houses a movement that is the predecessor to the El Primero and is the same movement as the Zenith version of this watch.
    -The way the silver logo (sorry the vertical line on the logo is just the shadow of the second hand) reflects light is almost mesmerizing.
    -"Club Insolent 1992" is etched on the back, not sure what type of a club but very curious to find out if I could join :p

Anyways enough writing, on to the pics...

Nice write up and I also fell in love with Stewarts when I saw it and must say yours is also very nice indeed...please give me a shout if you decide to flip it but sure that will not be the case, enjoy...:-)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    That's beautiful. Movado have made some great watches.

Lovely, and really rare to get one with such lovely bezel condition.
    The movement is the Zenith 146hp, which is one they sourced from their Martel collaboration.

The chrono-seconds hand is not one I have ever seen on that model, but of course it was used by the manufacturer on that movement as it is identical to the one found on the Zenith Cairelli.

Really nice

D

That looks to be in lovely condition. A real beauty.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

That is a beauty, congratulations

Stunning, absolutely stunning.

Really love some of the details on this piece, particularly the markings on the sub-dials, little things like that can make a big difference to the whole design.

Congrats, beautiful watch.

Cool

Simply stunning.

Beautiful, and it looks great on that tropic strap!

What a stunning watch! Just wow!

Very nice find, congrats