closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wait for it ............... incoming!

Journeyman

Wait for it ............... incoming!

So after much deliberation I eventually went for the blue face AT. Having had it for 24 hours now I have to say that I am totally blown away. It must be as close to the perfect watch as you can get. It goes without saying that the quality and finish is second to none, the weight is just right and for my wrist at least its size is spot on and it glows blue!! In some lights the cristal is that clear that the hands seem to be just floating there.

As I've only had it a day, I have only worn it with a suit, with which it looks great but I recon its classic looks will go just as well this weekend with jeans and t shirt.

I bought it from Beaverbrooks in the Meadowhall centre in Sheffield, I spent a very enjoyable 2 hours being looked after by Luke, if there is anything he doesn't know about Omega I don't think it'd worth knowing, where after some pleasant negotiations I ended up with a really good deal on the watch and an alligator strap and deployant for my Speedie.

Here are some quick snaps I took in the car today. Will try to do better this weekend.

Last edited by Deploderer; 4th July 2013 at 22:40.

Blog Entries
    That's a stunner, love that dial, congrats on a great acquisition.

Banned
    Very nice, is it the older 38.8mm or the new model at 41.5mm?

Master
    That's a belter mate wear with pride

Absolutely stunning and a great versatile watch.

I had the previous AT and miss it as a daily wearer.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainhowdy View Post
    Very nice, is it the older 38.8mm or the new model at 41.5mm?
    38.8 the 41.5 didn't feel as nice.

That's about as good as it gets for me - love it. And you chose the best size too.

David

Master
    Didn't know they came in at 39mm, might be an affordable secondhand available, need to start looking

Once again great wrist presence

Master
    Lovely, but forgive me pointing out that I'd not be entirely happy with the finish on the chapter ring at 11-12 o'clock position.
    I'm assuming these are machined, and that's looking a bit too rough for the money spent.

Still a nice watch aside from that.

Such a perfect all-rounder...

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    Lovely, but forgive me pointing out that I'd not be entirely happy with the finish on the chapter ring at 11-12 o'clock position.
    I'm assuming these are machined, and that's looking a bit too rough for the money spent.

Still a nice watch aside from that.
    I see what you mean, but I am pleased to confirm that this is me over-processing the photo, as I said these were just quick snaps and the images were a bit blurred. I have probably sharpened the image too much. In the flesh the chapter ring is blemish-less.

Craftsman
    Stunning watch, great choice all round enjoy!.

Journeyman
    That's lovely, the blue dial is stunning. Sounds like you got a good deal too!
    Last edited by Embles; 5th July 2013 at 07:01.

Another all round classic, great buy. I like it with the blue dial :)

Master
    I think that is a very good size. Stunning dial. Congratulations.

Master
    The 38.5 size is THE size to go for, super balanced and very beautiful. This is also the watch James Bond wore in Skyfall as well at one point too so its kinda cool in that way. Congratulations on a beautiful watch!!

Really nice. The AT is rightly becoming a forum favourite!

Master
    {http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7186/6983730201_6f365dce15_z.jpg} although I believe he wore the Blue one.

Man Im gonna go to the boutique today to try this one out LOL

Journeyman
    The dial is superb and a perfect size. Congrats!

Congrats on a fine decision. I'm wearing mine today. Strangely I don't often wear it as I have quite a few watches in the collection. Actually, I sort of forgot about it recently and even pondered selling it, until I wore it for a few days. Wow, didn't take long to realize why I bought it in the first place. It's a very attractive watch without being big and brash. It's just the right balance between sport and dress.

And for those who worry about the 39mm size, it's misleading. It's thick enough to give it a decent presence on most wrists.

IMG_1620.JPG

That's a lovely watch you have there - I looked at it lovingly a few weeks ago and was sorely tempted.
    It's nice to see a few more watches in that branch - they're doing Zenith and Bremont now, and Luke is a good guy to deal with, having a decent knowledge of his watches.
    Enjoy
    Ash

Journeyman
    Thank you all, it really is lovely. Went to put my Speedie on tonight and just couldn't. I think it might be grafted to my wrist for a while to come.

I like that a lot. Congratulations.

Really like the blue face. Congratulations.

Gorgeous watch, enjoy!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Fantastic looking watch, I like it.....a lot

Journeyman

Apologies for the bump but.......

....... I always new it would look good with a suit, but am blown away with how good it looked today in the sun with shorts and casual shirt.

Again, sorry for all the gushing about this watch but I just love it. Ordinarily I could never afford anything of this quality but after being knocked off of my bike 3 years ago, spending sometime in a wheelchair, loads of time off work and finally settling on the compensation last week I reckon I deserve it :) My wife agrees BTW!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Deploderer View Post
    Again, sorry for all the gushing about this watch but I just love it. Ordinarily I could never afford anything of this quality but after being knocked off of my bike 3 years ago, spending sometime in a wheelchair, loads of time off work and finally settling on the compensation last week I reckon I deserve it :) My wife agrees BTW!
    I think your thoughts are echoed here! I'll be adding that watch to the must have list...

Great acquisition ;)

The photos you have taken really do show off what is so great about this dial.

My favourite all rounder- gorgeous!

stunning.

may i ask what deal you got on the watch?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    stunning.

may i ask what deal you got on the watch?
    Aside from some money off of the bottom line, as i bought a deployant buckle i got the Alligator strap FOC. :)

That is fantastic, this is currently my favourite watch that I do not own and would like to. I have tried the 38.8 mm and wanted to try the 41.5 mm but finding one is going to be the problem. I have a feeling that I might go for the smaller one too.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by pastrana72 View Post
    That is fantastic, this is currently my favourite watch that I do not own and would like to. I have tried the 38.8 mm and wanted to try the 41.5 mm but finding one is going to be the problem. I have a feeling that I might go for the smaller one too.
    I did try the larger one, but I might have well have been wearing PO or something similar. Honestly, this smaller size is perfect. I think as fashions change this watch will still look "right".

Aside from some money off of the bottom line, as i bought a deployant buckle i got the Alligator strap FOC. :)
    can i be rude and ask what discount? I may be in the market for one of these

Have never considered Omega but that looks very tempting. Love the blue dial. What is the RRP on one of these?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    can i be rude and ask what discount? I may be in the market for one of these
    As I am in sales myself I am loath to put Luke in position of having someone walk into his store expecting a particular amount of discount. To be honest, knowing exactly how much discount I got wouldn't help you all that much. Getting a good discount is dependant on the relationship between you and the seller and can take a while to foster, it can be a bit of a dance, as much as he is selling the watch to me I am selling the "sale" to him. You also have to factor in our past relationship (I bought a Speedie from him a month ago). So I hope you will understand if I don't give you the exact figure.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by GMT2 View Post
    Have never considered Omega but that looks very tempting. Love the blue dial. What is the RRP on one of these?
    Around £3490.00

I did try the larger one, but I might have well have been wearing PO or something similar. Honestly, this smaller size is perfect. I think as fashions change this watch will still look "right".
    I have been having the same conversation with my wife and she agree's with your view.

I have a fair larger watches and big wrists which she says suits me better. I have a SMP 2254.50 that is a perfect size but been wearing a Seiko LM that is about 34mm this week which am enjoying wearing.

Wife thinks the smaller AT is perfect but I suspect as she woud want to steal it.

I think the dial in the smaller AT is better with the smaller gap between the date window, does that make sense. :D

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by pastrana72 View Post
    I think the dial in the smaller AT is better with the smaller gap between the date window, does that make sense. :D
    Yup.

I understand this has a sapphire back. Would like to see a picture of the movement if you have one .

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by GMT2 View Post
    I understand this has a sapphire back. Would like to see a picture of the movement if you have one .
    I haven't had time to photograph it properly yet. I will post one when I do.

Lovely blue dial, good purchase.

Apprentice
    very nice!

Craftsman
    It seems the default is to want the larger of two options, however more often than not, the smaller version is the more perfect fit. I think people don't quite realise that sub-40mm watches look great and there's a reason why this was the norm for the best part of a century.

The AT is possibly my favourite Omega right now.

Stunning. Like everyone here seems to, I covet an AT.

Are you not tempted to try the alligator on the AT? Would love to see what a skyfall looks on one.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibergio View Post
    Stunning. Like everyone here seems to, I covet an AT.

Are you not tempted to try the alligator on the AT? Would love to see what a skyfall looks on one.
    Yeah, if I can squeeze it on I will. I think the AT lugs are 19mm and I ordered a 20mm strap to fit the speedy. But if I can get it on I'll certainly give it a spin. Saying that I am struggling to get the bracelet off of the AT at the moment ( was going to try it with the speedy's De Modell Rally ).

Master
    Really top choice chief, have tried one myself, really impressed.

I would like to offer you my exclusive 'wearing in' service for your gator strap while you enjoy the AT ;-)

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomers View Post
    Really top choice chief, have tried one myself, really impressed.

I would like to offer you my exclusive 'wearing in' service for your gator strap while you enjoy the AT ;-)
    I'm afraid you'll have to get behind my son. He wants to break it in ON my speedy for the next couple of weeks. I'm not sure that I'm 100% happy about that.

Why have I been looking at pics/videos of this watch all day today?