closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Longines Opposition Chrono L3.618.4 - what can you tell me about these?

Craftsman

Longines Opposition Chrono L3.618.4 - what can you tell me about these?

Please ignore the dodgy spelling of 'Oposition' in the thread title!

I hadn't seen these until recently but one has come onto my radar.

What can anybody tell me about them? I've searched but I can't find out much such as what movement is used (it's a quartz) and if there are any common problems. Also, does anybody know roughly when they were made?

Many thanks!

Attached is a picture of the model to which I refer (stolen from Google Images):

Last edited by Keyser; 24th June 2013 at 19:15.

Craftsman

This taken from the Longines quartz movements PDF suggests to me that it's the movement....what would everyone else say?

Grand Master
    They were made from about 1998 to the early 2000s - possibly 2003-4 - when they were replaced by the Lungo Mare range.

They have heavy integrated bracelets, although some were sold on rubber straps. Yes, the movement in the chrono version is a very good one, with 27 jewels and central minutes and seconds. Very well made, but keeping them looking nice is hard work. There is a rare, titanium, polished version with an automatic movement that's quite interesting too.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    They were made from about 1998 to the early 2000s - possibly 2003-4 - when they were replaced by the Lungo Mare range.

They have heavy integrated bracelets, although some were sold on rubber straps. Yes, the movement in the chrono version is a very good one, with 27 jewels and central minutes and seconds. Very well made, but keeping them looking nice is hard work. There is a rare, titanium, polished version with an automatic movement that's quite interesting too.
    Thanks for the reply!
    I think that's just the sort of confirmation I was looking for. All information I've found suggest that the movement is very good in terms of maintenance and so on.
    And your dating sounds about right - the papers with this one show that it was supplied new in summer 2003.

I read that there's a rare automatic version, but I've heard nothing about titanium. There's no information out there about these!

Craftsman
    If nobody minds me bumping my old thread rather than starting a new one, I've decided to go ahead.
    I just had a look around for straps (this will come with the bracelet only) and I found this:

http://relojesexclusivos.com/catalog...rono-L3-118-4/

Does anybody know if I can still get this strap? I can't find any for sale.
    I presume that Longines are the people to talk to. Can anyone show me how to get in touch with them regarding this? I'm sure it'll be expensive but it looks great!