closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Incoming - Universal Genčve Unisonic Zone Timer

Incoming - Universal Genčve Unisonic Zone Timer

This has just come back from an extended holiday with two members of the forum - Paul from Electric Watches has done his usual splendid job of breathing new life into it and Paul (aka Gingerboy) has done one of his fabulous case and bracelet refinishes.

I picked this up on Ebay earlier in the year as a basket case and liked the overall look of it so much that I actually wore the broken watch in the house for a day. It's a combination of the TV dial, the dial colour and the integrated bracelet that particularly appeals. It has a UG signed version of a Bulova tuning fork movement which makes it quite a rarity and there was some risk involved that it would not be reparable; knowing the good work that Paul has done for me in the past I decided it was worth a go but I believe even he had to do quite a bit of running around to get, for example, a particular type of replacement winding stem and crown for it. Just the one picture at the moment as I'm busy but I hope to get some more up later this evening.

And a couple of befores

Now the $64,000 question is whether this is one of the 80 or so watches designed for Universal Genčve by Gerald Genta? The case shape, for some reason, makes me think it could be. I really must try writing to UG to see if they could confirm this.
    Last edited by Carlton-Browne; 6th March 2018 at 11:07.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

That looks superb!
    "A man of little significance"

Very nice, I didn't know Bulova had licenced the "GMT" version of their movement. I think I'll be in touch with "Gingerboy" for some of my 70s Omegas!

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Very nice indeed....always satisfying when a wreck has been brought back to it's former glory.
    Let me know when you decide to sell that so i can decide i can't afford it

A few more pics as promised. The only work outstanding is a replacement, signed, upper crown but I don't hold up much hope of getting one of these as it's not only a specific size but also has an unusual thread (Tap 11 (1.1mm)). I've tried contacting Universal Genčve without any success - if anybody has any tips or contacts I am all ears. This one looks just fine for the time being. I also note that the bracelet is American made - I bought it from the States and I assume that this means that it was made for the American market?

A wrist shot overlooking the Pfaffenteich in Schwerin.
    Last edited by Carlton-Browne; 6th March 2018 at 11:35.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

I like that very much