closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Let's raise some money for charity - UPDATE PAGE 6

Hybrid View

I don't agree with trying to shame people into donating, although I do wish that more people would. I especially think that those who make regular use of Sales Corner should consider donating a few quid ;-).

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I don't agree with trying to shame people into donating, although I do wish that more people would. I especially think that those who make regular use of Sales Corner should consider donating a few quid ;-).

Eddie
    I don't sell on SC very often, have brought a few from there and have happily made a donation. Great effort Eddie and thanks for the excellent forum.

Seems like a good thing do. Eddie doesn't ask for much for running this show. In fact, nothing, as far as I can see. Must be worth a round of drinks or so to charity.

Not that it will sway anyone's thoughts, but I might mention that there is a small incentive on offer too. That post will get buried soon enough, but the offer is open until the end of Feb. Current odds are very favourable

Paul

Well done Eddie this is a great idea, if you plan to do the same in the future you could we consider a charity to like Combat Stress http://www.combatstress.org.uk/

I am always trying to raise funds for them, as there are a lot of our chaps coming back with major issues, who just can't fit in with a normal life and keep reliving the trauma of life on the front line. IED's etc

This charity does its best to help them recover and gives support.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashharry View Post
    Well done Eddie this is a great idea, if you plan to do the same in the future you could we consider a charity to like Combat Stress http://www.combatstress.org.uk/

I am always trying to raise funds for them, as there are a lot of our chaps coming back with major issues, who just can't fit in with a normal life and keep reliving the trauma of life on the front line. IED's etc

This charity does its best to help them recover and gives support.
    I propose starting another fundraising page when this one ends in 47 days and this is an excellent candidate for inclusion.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Eddie: I would be more than happy to donate 20 quid, how is this best done. I am overseas so would need to use a bank transfer from my UK account and I am not eligible for tax back.

I'm overseas too - the site allows you to use PayPal or credit card. Can't claim tax back of course.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I propose starting another fundraising page when this one ends in 47 days and this is an excellent candidate for inclusion.

Eddie
    I would contribute without hesitation Eddie.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

No donations for almost 48 hours now :-(.

Eddie