closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Birth Year Watches And Those Of Sentimental Value

Birth Year Watches And Those Of Sentimental Value

I don't think that we've ever had a thread dedicated to them, so here we are... Birth year watches and those that may have been left by loved ones or bought to mark a significant occasion, for example.

Here's my '73 (I'll save you the maths - I'm 47 ) Seiko 6117-6400 'World Time' with the company's first ever GMT movement, the 6117B - there's a 6117A as well, the difference being that the B hacks. It's not a 'true' GMT in that, in this instance, the red GMT hand is permanently fixed to the hour hand and rotates once for two rotations of the other, the rotating inner bezel is used to calculate times in other cities. Despite having a number of watches in my collection and even more pass through my hands over the last decade this is my first and only BY watch, bought just a few weeks back.

6117-6400

Birth year but possibly birth month too. May have to let it go though as I’m not wearing it much and not really a sentimental attachment. Bonny tho

Apprentice
    Hamilton 6bb/74 issued to the RAF in my birth year. I spent 13 years in the RAF bricked going to live in the US. It's pretty cool I think. But dust get much wrist time and thinking of selling it.

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post

Birth year but possibly birth month too. May have to let it go though as I’m not wearing it much and not really a sentimental attachment. Bonny tho
    I really like that, dial colour is nice.

My 76100 Tudor sub is 2 years out for my birth year, I actually missed out on a birth year model just before I bought it. It was just out of budget but kind of wish I'd stretched that bit more now as it was box/papers too, which mine isn't. Doesn't really bother me, I like the one I got really.

Quote Originally Posted by Reiver View Post
    I really like that, dial colour is nice.

My 76100 Tudor sub is 2 years out for my birth year, I actually missed out on a birth year model just before I bought it. It was just out of budget but kind of wish I'd stretched that bit more now as it was box/papers too, which mine isn't. Doesn't really bother me, I like the one I got really.
    What year is your sub?

Craftsman
    What year is your sub?

Quote Originally Posted by Reiver View Post
    Ah ok quite recent relatively speaking then

Craftsman
    Ah ok quite recent relatively speaking then
    Yeah, not one of the really old ones but has a nice vintage look about it.

Master
    A coiple of my collection have sentimental value. My PAM 49 was my first Panerai, lusted after for ages until I got one. It has travelled round the world on my wrist and am very attached to it.
    Also my EXP2 42mm polar was my 50th birthday gift to myself, and the AD dated the card to the exact day, even though I picked it up a few days early.
    I am too old to have a birth year watch I think.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk